IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Well, that's not what I want from nintendo at all.

So you'd rather some other studio potentially (mis)handle their IP?

i think he means he'd rather them invest the r&d into less usable more gimicky controllers for future failed consoles

got doom but i'm back to dark souls 3 for now :unsure:

i'm so brutally annoyed with those glory kills, so you shoot the shit out of a demon and then they just stagger and you punch em, noooo goddamnit

Glory Kills can vary depending on the angle tho. I know they glow blue once in stagger mode and then orange once in range.

Pretty satisfying slicing a Hell Knight in two with the Chainsaw tho. Even managed to take down a Baron a couple of times with it, tho they require like five fuel cells. That and the HAR are probably my fave weapons so far.

i think he means he'd rather them invest the r&d into less usable more gimicky controllers for future failed consoles
Or, you know, how about they start focusing on making quality games, and spend less recources on gimmicks, social networks and knick knacks?

I guess I'm just crazy.

Edited by Gocab

What's the overall consensus on Doom then? Should I get?

yes!

I think I will, then. =)

If you like having fun then Doom is the game for you.

I played it on my girlfriend's gaming PC so I'm not sure.. all I know is that it was custom built a few years ago with top of the line components.. so.. maybe?

I'm gonna give it a try on my new imac (mid-range 5k 27") when I can be bothered putting win10 on it.

Guest bitroast

started Witcher 3 yesterday. felt a bit like binge watching 3 episodes of Game Of Thrones. so far i'm kind of loving it. only thing i'm not loving is the combat feels a bit flakey but thats probably only because its a medieval game and this is coming directly after me playing dark souls (which ... imo... best game ever... you know??). but the combat is still good and everything else is top notch. really enjoying it. really enjoying the COLOURS too. everything feels like its run through a magic filter akin to an acid prehigh. really nice to look at :^)

Any Wii U players want a free code for Darksiders II? I bought the recent Nintendo Humble Bundle and it was included in there, but I already have DS2. I don't want it to go to waste.

Or, you know, how about they start focusing on making quality games, and spend less recources on gimmicks, social networks and knick knacks?

I guess I'm just crazy.

They still make quality games; they (just like any company) want to expand so they aren't one-trick ponies anymore.

Excited by Overwatch... next week!

Here's an ace bug someone had where it was struggling to process the game turning the entire soundtrack into a Richard Devine piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTm0HySW8u4

glad to hear the game is actually fun. will pick it up <$20 though since i've got so much other stuff to play. i'm still just grinding out sfv because that shit gets me so high. been to a couple of local tournaments with mixed results (3-2 at the first, 0-2 at the second). just so many matchups i'm really unfamiliar with since 99% of online players use like 4 characters that all play (roughly) the same.

my buddy got excited for overwatch so i'll be scooping that for his birthday and i guess getting myself a copy too

last weekend got my mam setup on steam with limbo, portal, braid and a few others. i started her back with portal and with my guidance she got through maybe like the first 5 tests? the next day i got an excited text from her saying she'd gotten through a couple more puzzles but the batteries in her controller were dying. really cool to get to see someone experience that game for the first time. the satisfaction of finally "thinking with portals." genuinely loling at glados and all :)

success!

RDevine was involved in Doom? Kinda makes sense. Haven't actually heard much of his work, but I get a strong Scorn vibe from the loading screen music before the main menu.

I think I'm pretty close to the end now, but I won't spoil anything.

By any chance does the spoiler involve blood? And demons? I do want to get Doom, will pick up on a sale.

Bought a cheap copy of Just Cause 3, which runs remarkably well on my laptop. Why am I playing it now? just cuz.

:dadjoke: