IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

By any chance does the spoiler involve blood? And demons? I do want to get Doom, will pick up on a sale.

Yes. There's no shortage of trans-dimensional invaders, high-powered weaponry, and carnage. You'll definitely need to be quick on your feet if you intend on surviving.

Here's an ace bug someone had where it was struggling to process the game turning the entire soundtrack into a Richard Devine piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTm0HySW8u4

Haha!

lush!

i'm still so bummed out on the new doom, those glorykills, i just can't live with it

hate it that you shoot a dumbass weak demon 3 times with a shotgun, then he goes full fatality mode retard all in neon shit colour and you finnish them with punch or either 3 more shotgun blasts, gtfo!

in the real doom you shoot 3 of those guys in one shotgun blast, end of story

also vanishing corpses in doom, fuck that shit!!!

*plays broforce*

Just play the original if you want the classic doom experience. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little frustrated by some of the more modern aspects (e.g. monsters/items that glow when you're supposed to do something with them, checkpoints etc) but man, it really isn't worth getting worked up over!

On another note, I'm *really* enjoying the soundtrack so far. Industrial-ish stuff with glitched out djent guitars really does it for me :D

Well...I just beat Doom.

But I'm not ready to shelf it just yet. Gonna bump it up a difficulty on a second playthrough and see if I can hunt down all those secrets I missed, plus see if I can master more weapon and rune challenges.

In Id's attempt to blend classic and modern gameplay, this is about as good as it gets. Holy shit, have they come far since the first Commander Keen.

There's a Praetor Suit upgrade that allows you to locate secrets more easily. Though I didn't really notice any difference once I acquired it. Maybe I just wasn't taking proper notice or something.

Also just found out you can unlock Classic Doom maps, by finding parts of them on the campaign missions.

Edited by ambermonk

Doom is really fucking fun, love the mix of old-school combat with the newer aspects. The glory kills don't bother me so much, you don't HAVE to trigger them everytime... In fact on the higher difficulty the balance between going in for the glory kill or fragging them from a distance is more important. I did okay at finding secrets my first playthrough, but I'll need to replay a bunch to find all of them, and the collectibles and classic maps... I've found a few on my own, too fun.

Finally playing the last of us (remastered), sooo guuuuud

Finished (nearly) every last thing in DS3, now I'm torn between keeping this playthrough open for PVP or starting NG+ or just a brand new character entirely. Decisions. :/

Finished the last of us, good stuff. Started heavy rain. Stupid and pulpy, but I like it.

*walks around shouting kids name*

Edited by Gocab

EU finally got the new Fire Emblem so i'm playing that (got the Conquest version). so far i think this is the hardest I've played in the series. (playing on hard).

^ jazz but still hilarious, especially the part with the chickens

Debating whether to continue my second Doom playthrough in my attempt to grab all the Classic Doom maps. Hunting for secrets every mission can be a bit of a chore after a while tho.

Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 has been out for a few days now, might get on that if I get bored with Doom.

friday nite my wife said "i want to play a videogame" and started going through my exhaustive steam backlog. she landed on terraria and probably played 12+ hours this weekend. which was good because she didn't give me shit for playing sfv (i didn't play nearly as much as her).

overwatch tomorrow

Still very much enjoying Doom.. only just met the revenant and acquired the jump boots lastnight, but damn I'm super amazed at the vastness of the levels. Combat is getting less strictly arena-based as I play, which is nice. My only complaint with the enemies is that damn trooper with the shield, almost impossible to destroy without explosives, gah!

My girlfriend started playing Hexen again lastnight. I forgot just how good that game was. I've got Hexen II in my Steam account as well, might have to get into that again as I never finished it.

Back to the present though, what other good modern FPS games are out there, considering I'm into the fast pace of Doom so far? I considered getting that recent(ish) ROTT reboot, but I looked at some videos and it literally looks like a remake of the original. Not bad but I expected it to be a new game..

I might just keep playing Doom until the new Deus Ex comes out, but it'd be good to know my options. My girlfriend suggested Borderlands; I may give that one a go..

Borderlands is great, though the 2nd is far better than the first IMO. Deus Ex, f-me I can't wait for the new one.

I really enjoyed the Crysis series as well, long (and very difficult if you up the diff level) single player, and rich multiplayer.

Guest bitroast

borderlands (bl2 in particular, havent played 1. was good fun multiplayer. its a bit shooty shooty get looty looty (get new guns, level up, etc , repeat) without much emphasis on level design. but its fun. especially if you can play it coop !!!

Still very much enjoying Doom.. only just met the revenant and acquired the jump boots lastnight, but damn I'm super amazed at the vastness of the levels. Combat is getting less strictly arena-based as I play, which is nice. My only complaint with the enemies is that damn trooper with the shield, almost impossible to destroy without explosives, gah!

My girlfriend started playing Hexen again lastnight. I forgot just how good that game was. I've got Hexen II in my Steam account as well, might have to get into that again as I never finished it.

Back to the present though, what other good modern FPS games are out there, considering I'm into the fast pace of Doom so far? I considered getting that recent(ish) ROTT reboot, but I looked at some videos and it literally looks like a remake of the original. Not bad but I expected it to be a new game..

I might just keep playing Doom until the new Deus Ex comes out, but it'd be good to know my options. My girlfriend suggested Borderlands; I may give that one a go..

Yeah I hate those shield guys as well. I've found the quickest and most effective way to knock out their shields is to use the stun bomb mod for the Plasma Rifle.

Hexen II felt too Quake-y for me. The first Hexen tho is great.

Yeah still three months til the new DX innit. Looks like it takes place in Prague, Dubai, and other cities. And will use a new engine. I'm stoked as well.

Borderlands 2 is still the best thing Gearbox have ever done. Might be a while before I pick it up again tho.

Got an hour of Overwatch in at launch last night. Good fun, and a lot better on PC even if it runs terribly on my machine. Looking forward to my upgrades coming in so it plays better.

bros bringin' his ps4 over after work today and we're gonna have an overwatch "lan" thing.

i didn't realize quite how little content would be there (5 maps and no single player) but i think i heard that all heroes and maps will be made available for free (basically exactly what they did for street fighter v but for some reason no one seems to care in this case).