IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

fuuuuck that looks incredible

waw yeah. i'll probably be building a new pc late this year early next year with a gtx1080 (i've never had a current gen graphics card but the 1080 looks to be fuckin' righteous). would be a good time to dive into some games like dishonored too that should be cheap as fuck but still look and play great on ultra double max settings). i'm hoping they announce tekken for pc because it'll look way more lush than on ps4.

re: overwatch level design. my problem isn't with the level design as in like, level layout (perches, choke points, courtyards, etc). just visually the levels all look very samey and i can't tell them apart at all yet. still it's pretty fun though. had a good time wreckin' some fools w/tracer and dva yesterday. zip zoom

My daughter went on an 18 kill streak rampage with D.VA in Overwatch. She's played the game like 10 times total between the beta and since release.

Dat's mah gurl! :dadjoke:

dayum she's gonna go pro ^_^v

i can't believe how high of a level some of you guys are already ;O

i feel like i've played a ton over the last couple of days and i'm only level 10

CV9B3tRUwAIqHis.jpg

I can't work out if it's just bloody hard or that I'm bloody shit but I've had to for about 3 weeks now (the mobile phone version) and the furthest I've ever reached is level 2-2

OH HOLY GOD NO FUCK KILL IT WITH FIRE

What are they doing to my beloved Megaman...

If there is going to be ANY animated series, the art MUST look like this:

RMCoverPromo.jpg

Guest bitroast

I can't work out if it's just bloody hard or that I'm bloody shit but I've had to for about 3 weeks now (the mobile phone version) and the furthest I've ever reached is level 2-2

mmm. played it a wee bit ( not a great deal ) and managed to get up to 3-1.

it's SO BAD.

as someone who really really enjoyed 9 & 10 on ps3. i wish they'd just fucking make a tiny investment into making more games like that or even the x series. even if you reuse like 90% of the assets and just change the background colors and make a few new bosses or something. updated mmx games or an update using the assets from mm8 would be a dream come true. but a fucking 30 year anniversary and this is what they're doing? good lord please anything but this

it's SO BAD.

as someone who really really enjoyed 9 & 10 on ps3. i wish they'd just fucking make a tiny investment into making more games like that or even the x series. even if you reuse like 90% of the assets and just change the background colors and make a few new bosses or something. updated mmx games or an update using the assets from mm8 would be a dream come true. but a fucking 30 year anniversary and this is what they're doing? good lord please anything but this

9 and 10 were great (and hard) - I wish they'd continue that trend (pixel art is still trendy), and start pushing the envelope visually a la Enter The Gungeon, which is a fantastic game BTW, both visually and gameplay-wise.

Rockman/Megaman X and X 2 on SNES...those where my favorite ones from childhood. Whether they can make it that good again, I'm skeptical.

RMCoverPromo.jpg

That image made me instantly think of Bomb Jack!

bomb_jack_01.png

Just decided to replay Dishonored and realized I can actually run it at 4k pretty smoothly, which is rare for my gtx960. It's still one of my favorite games, and it really benefits from the higher res since you spend so much time on top of buildings looking down at the level.

The game is just so fucking lush

20160522193931_1.jpg

20160522205536_1.jpg

great game

anxious to see part 2

So excited for that! Between Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex its lookin like a great year for stealth games

Yeah dishonoured was the tits. Does anyone know the deal with adding a gtx 980 to my 770 so i can keep up with new stuff at full graphics? Will that be easy?

guys you can turn of those god awefull colour highlights for glorykill (and hopelfully for those item drops) think i'm finally gonna play the game and on ultraviolence

so ultraviolence is just less health i guess and not a ton more demons like original doom? :rolleyes: laaaame

I don't mind the highlighting for item pickups.. I tried turning it off in the latest Deus Ex game but I kept missing important items. These days in modern games it's kinda essential because there's so much shit in the environment that you can't interact with. It was ok back in the old days when everything was sparse and any sprite-based object you couldn't pick up was an impassable ornament.. but in this age of sometimes having to click 'use' on items just lying around it's really easy to miss a bunch of stuff.

As for the difficulty, I think I'm gonna have to scale it down a little for a while. I can't get past that ridiculous battle just after the yellow door in the first Hell level. I've tried it like 10 times argh, that fkn summoner!

RMCoverPromo.jpg

That image made me instantly think of Bomb Jack!

bomb_jack_01.png

Based on the original Famicom/NES game:

2427896-mighty_bomb_jack_fc.jpg

RMCoverPromo.jpg

It looks fucking terrible. The thing about it is that we'll probably get a game based on this new cartoon, and that's probably the only MM we'll get from now on. There will be this shit on mobile and PS4, and the cartoon will suck and get canceled, signaling the end of Mega Man....

The closest we'll ever get to a MM anime in the original style is Wish Upon a Star, and it was an educational series.

I'd love for them to revisit/finish Mega Man X. That's my dream in life.

Guest bitroast

in other megaman news y'all see this ?

Keiji Inafune's MIGHTY NO 9 got a new trailer ...

mighty no 9 is being developed by comcept and inti creates

publishing and promotion for the game being handled by Deep Silver.

inti creates CEO on twitter had this reaction ...

sonic the hedgehog twitter account had this reaction ....

"UNFORGIVABLE"

Edited by AutoLog StatCenter

Guest bitroast

it's like whoever was tasked with putting the trailer together figured 'FUCK IT'.

or... either that, or the team was completely incompetent at promoting the game and managed to alienate the target audience with the 'anime fans on prom night' line ... especially so given that the original megaman concept was and always has been heavily linked with animes, astro boy / etc

:psyduck: UNFORGIVABLE

Edited by AutoLog StatCenter

I need to vent about an uprising cheap looking and corny trend I'm noticing:

Whats with live footage and video games these days? With actors and shit.

I noticed Fallout 4 used live footage in the intros and endings. I don't know if any other games started doing it, nothing comes to mind atm.

Whats up with that? Is it cheaper? Or is it more expensive and they just do it becuase they can? It certainly looks cheap...

I hope no footage of that trailer makes it into the game, like the intro or something. Would fucking hate that. It just doesn't fit, knocks me right out of a game.

Just keep everything consistently 3D, why is that so hard :catnope:

Guest bitroast

lol that looks shocking. most of the response in the comments seems to be positive too lololol.

whoever thought the idea of liveaction trailer was a good idea may have been onto something. creates the pretense of high budget ???