IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I had a win streak of 21 over the weekend. Then I ate a weed edible and lost it :catcry:

damn... i think my biggest win streak might be 3-5 tops

meaning to ask, do you play with a keyboard or a controller? I'm doing all this with keyboard, I imagine a controller might make things go more smooth

just beat Hush with The Lost :catbleed: may Guppy bless the Ludovico Technique + Brimstone combo

I play with a keyboard. I spilled a beer on it once, so sometimes I have to pause and unplug/plug it back in to make it work again.

Brimstone is awesome, but definitely pops up a lot less in Afterbirth than the other versions.

Getting back into Classic Doom mods lately on GZDoom for some reason. More than two decades since release and there is still a large, active map and mod creator community today...something I might consider participating in myself. Still can't believe the longevity it's had.

yup, I've been following them on and off since the 90s, some amazing stuff out there, especially stuff like void which adds a whole bunch of new features and tricks to the game.

TeamTNT (the creators of the TNT: Evilution episode of final doom) went on to make some great, huge levels as well.

And we know that Romero himself released two new map WADs this year. Some of the mods out there tho...I thought Brutal Doom was king, but then there's mods like Reelism, Project MSX, Trailblazer, and Project Brutality (which Brutal Doom's author was involved in) that actually that introduce new weapon and enemy animations, and even gameplay elements.

Really torn between these and another Doom 2016 playthrough at the moment.

I had a win streak of 21 over the weekend. Then I ate a weed edible and lost it :catcry:

damn... i think my biggest win streak might be 3-5 tops

meaning to ask, do you play with a keyboard or a controller? I'm doing all this with keyboard, I imagine a controller might make things go more smooth

just beat Hush with The Lost :catbleed: may Guppy bless the Ludovico Technique + Brimstone combo

I play with a keyboard. I spilled a beer on it once, so sometimes I have to pause and unplug/plug it back in to make it work again.

Brimstone is awesome, but definitely pops up a lot less in Afterbirth than the other versions.

i actually find lilith to be way harder than the lost or keeper. something about that fucking blindfold just makes me hate playing as her.

Getting back into Classic Doom mods lately on GZDoom for some reason. More than two decades since release and there is still a large, active map and mod creator community today...something I might consider participating in myself. Still can't believe the longevity it's had.

yup, I've been following them on and off since the 90s, some amazing stuff out there, especially stuff like void which adds a whole bunch of new features and tricks to the game.

TeamTNT (the creators of the TNT: Evilution episode of final doom) went on to make some great, huge levels as well.

And we know that Romero himself released two new map WADs this year. Some of the mods out there tho...I thought Brutal Doom was king, but then there's mods like Reelism, Project MSX, Trailblazer, and Project Brutality (which Brutal Doom's author was involved in) that actually that introduce new weapon and enemy animations, and even gameplay elements.

Really torn between these and another Doom 2016 playthrough at the moment.

yeah the new Romero levels are wicked. Some really great secrets and intricacies to the level design.

I haven't actually played brutal doom.. maybe I'll give it a try once I'm done with the new doom.

there's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNl7S1z0zXk

Edited by modey

i jumped in the doom multiplayer today, a buddy of mine just bought the game and asked me to join, after 7 games i'm the top player and i'm hooked, this is my shit!

also fuck yeah we get a free basketball game this month on ps4?? haven't played a sports game since 20years ago but i'm getting this for online against friends, it looks awesome!!

talk about old as fuck sports games, do any of you remember track & field 2 for NES?

that game was pure crack lol, the godfather of snapping thumbs and mashing buttons

was there ever a first track of field?

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Haha, of course there was - The only game I could do (though probably not anymore!) in one credit

talk about old as fuck sports games, do any of you remember track & field 2 for NES?

that game was pure crack lol, the godfather of snapping thumbs and mashing buttons

fuuuuck that game was the death of me and my fingers! ... and some t-shirts, too, which i used to tighten around the tips of my thumb and trigger finger then rub dat shit on the A button to gain speed... it's weird to explain but worked well for me, less so for the cloth. problem was the thing was a present from a cousin who was fed up with it and noone had the manual so on some events i just had no fucking clue what to do like fucking high diving and horizontal bar eww... only 20 odd years later i managed to complete the olympic campaign for the first time with an emulator... not in my wildest dreams would i have imagined somehting like THIS was lurking inside the game:

how freaking cool is that? and i even had a light gun D: ...

also fondly remember being totally impressed by synthesised voices... like the grunts during arm wrestling lol, fucking hilarious:

ah the memories. thanks!

Edited by jaderpansen

Guest bitroast

DOWNWELL (on ps4 with controller)

level 4-2, gems 4388, kills 347, max combo 34, progress 39442

introduced my friend to this game and he got up to level 5 in one day. already beat it now :psyduck:

Finally playing the last of us (remastered), sooo guuuuud

yeah, missed all the ps3 exclusives last gen and been catching up this round with all the remasters. Recently finished it and did the included downloadable content 'left behind' as well, classic game. I hear a sequel is in the makes for the ps4, definitely looking forward to it, maybe more info this e3?

I'm almost done with SMT: IV right now. Just got the final bosses to beat. Was really surprised I got neutral ending since I didn't really look at guides until the end. One of the best turn based RPG's I have played. Probably going to play undertale next.

I'm almost done with SMT: IV right now. Just got the final bosses to beat. Was really surprised I got neutral ending since I didn't really look at guides until the end. One of the best turn based RPG's I have played. Probably going to play undertale next.

argh. I played it for so long and for some reason didn't finish it! It truly is a stellar game.

Persona 5 on your list of upcoming games?

Overwatch is tons of fun, gameplay is simple but it's just so satisfying.

Probably gonna jump back to The Witcher soon as well.

While on the subject of old school (NES) gaming, I remember Abobo in Double Dragon used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid. Not sure why.
abobo.jpg

While on the subject of old school (NES) gaming, I remember Abobo in Double Dragon used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid. Not sure why.

abobo.jpg

It was a lovely satisfying feeling to knee him across the screen though.

abobo.jpg

the fucker! his brother bolo would always throw me out of the heli in part 2:

76645-double-dragon-ii-the-revenge-nes-s

:(

I got the Law ending. I was satisfied with it. I knew what was going to happen from the start....

I'm looking forward to SMTIV: Apocalypse!

Of course, next up is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and hopefully Persona 5 will be out before the end of the year.

abobo.jpg

the fucker! his brother bolo would always throw me out of the heli in part 2:

76645-double-dragon-ii-the-revenge-nes-s

:(

Don't forget about this asshole, Arnold:

Double-Dragon-2.png

haha yeah... the biggest asshole however was the probably unchangeable jumping trajectory...

large.jpg

dd2nes9.gif

those fuckign stages man D: urgh ..... also doppelganger randomly spawning within you... cool game. once i figured you gain your partner's lives for killing him in mode B i was able to beat it :).