IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

nice. they gave him his sf3 outfit as an alt.

got very lucky and beat one of the local greats in a best of 3 money match tonite for $5. he was pissed i wouldn't run it back but the wifey was ready to leave. gonna start the ibuki grind train in the morning. maybe then i won't have to hear as much bitching when i beat people since everyone hates losing to mika so much

Parkitect is like an updated Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. the art style isn't as charming and it isn't as detailed yet but its fun. not as difficult as RCT2 but it fills the void.

I didn't get into RCT but was a huge fan of Transport Tycoon. I see there's a game on Steam called Cities: Skylines that looks like a similar thing, not to mention it looks pretty as fuck. I'm tempted, but considering I wasted so many hours on TTD, perhaps I shouldn't..

Guest bitroast

Cities Skylines is VERY RAD.

it's mostly a take on the most recent Simscity game but where you can make massive sprawling cities instead of shoeboxed squares ... (not that i was ever very good at making cities big enough or successful enough to be massive). not sure how it compares to Transport Tycoon but it did have a pretty involved transport system in it .. plotting the stops and managing the services lol

Edited by bitroast

Yeah Skylines is great! Better than the last SimCity game. I'm really looking forward to Planet Coaster. Seems like the best of the new theme park games. I played an insane amount of Roller Coaster Tycoon back in the day.

Games I've played recently:

The Stanley Parable

Trine 2

I have no mouth and I must scream

Trine 2 is really gorgeous, but I got bored because the game is really repetitive, and the puzzles are really simple.

The Stanley Parable is an okai art game.

IHNMAIMS looks noice, tho I've encountered some game crashing bugs, but I like the atmosphere.

Inside

10/10

Holy fucking shit.

counting the hours till this unlocks on steam,cannot wait!! gonna couch-play this on the big tv via my new steam link

£27.99 in the summer sale,works great out the box,bar a few niggles,like wireless pad set-up,wired will do for now tho

so what's the deal with splatoon "final splatfest" ? are they about to close their servers or something?

I read somewhere (can't find you the source atm sorry) that Nintendo said if wasn't the end of the Splatoon servers, and they even have patches in the works.

Really gutted that it's the last Splatfest tho. Ironically, I won't be able to play that one because I'll be...in Japan :emotawesomepm9:

so what's the deal with splatoon "final splatfest" ? are they about to close their servers or something?

I read somewhere (can't find you the source atm sorry) that Nintendo said if wasn't the end of the Splatoon servers, and they even have patches in the works.

Really gutted that it's the last Splatfest tho. Ironically, I won't be able to play that one because I'll be...in Japan :emotawesomepm9:

good to know there's still life in it.

Cities Skylines is VERY RAD.

it's mostly a take on the most recent Simscity game but where you can make massive sprawling cities instead of shoeboxed squares ... (not that i was ever very good at making cities big enough or successful enough to be massive). not sure how it compares to Transport Tycoon but it did have a pretty involved transport system in it .. plotting the stops and managing the services lol

2015-06-30_00001.jpg

lol nice

I bought it.. but have only been able to play a little bit so far. Looks pretty solid though. I'm more interested in transport planning than city planning tbh but we'll see

played through the entire sfv cinematic story thing today. it's very bad (duh). also ibuki is way harder to use than r.mika

started playing bravely default and boy does this game seem good so far.

started playing bravely default and boy does this game seem good so far.

it is! although the second half was a bit lame :(

By the way, I never beat MM4! Right now I'm halfway through Megaman ZX - awesome game but it really has some absurd boss patterns so it's a bit frustrating that you end up having to brute force your way through the game with E tanks...

Edited by poblequadrat

yeah so at my family's lakehouse (sounds posh but it's not) i donated my old ps2 and games to have something to do/watch movies on the old crt at nites when not partying. so me and the missus were up there for the holiday weekend and i started going through my unfinished copy of mm anniversary collection (mm1-8 on ps2). i hadn't booted it in ages and realized i had beaten 1-3 and 8 so i started going through the rest chronologically. i think 4 and maybe 7 are the only original mms i've never beaten before.

i feel like my body's falling apart because holy hell my right hand was cramping bad from holding charge shots and what not. was great to start bravely default where the game can basically be played left handed. what are your issues with the second half of the game(if you can avoid spoilers)?

Decided to get back on Fallout: New Vegas with the Project Nevada mod.

Still had way better writing than Fallout 4, thanks to Chris Avallone. I really hope Obsidian can develop one more Fallout game on the latest engine.