IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah, TIS-100 is very cool. Much harder than Spacechem for me, but I think I'm better at spatial reasoning. Only 10 or so levels in but I'm proud of that considering I know nothing about coding. I remember reading that Spacechem has been used as an educational tool, and since programming has received more attention in elementary school curriculum than when I was a kid, I bet there are some kids that have already been exposed to TIS-100 in their classrooms.

Went to the park in my city to find well over a 100 people catching Pokemon. I don't live in a very big city so I thought it was really cool (at least the implications in) seeing so many strangers corresponding on accomplishing things.

I went because I saw lures and excitedly caught myself a Dratini :emb:

Edited by Vilwx

Think there's a Wii emulator (Dolphin?) - might be on that...

exactly! ran em pretty much flawlessly (from what i can tell).

9 and 10 did have some of the best robot masters though, right? wasn't there sheep man and like, baseball man or something?

agreed! those 2 are from 10 actually, i really dug nitro man's stage (*wroom*). overall boss patterns were quite hard to get into in both titles, mega buster only challenge really is one with those. especially plug man from 9 did my head right in, uneven terrain didn't help either...

street fighter x megaman was a great effort for a fan title. far from perfect of course but good fun.

Edited by jaderpansen

The world would be a better place if every man, woman, and child beat at least the first challenge of TIS-100.

oooh you remind me i'm stuck at 9 programs after about 11 hours of gameplay since half a year XP... should really try to get back into it, does a really great job at making you feel like a genius when you finally see those numbers flow, especially when you're actually borderline dyscalculiac like me XP... absolutely beautiful game (including demure visual aesthetics)!

wasn't the first segment like literally just mov-ing numbers straight to outlets, tho?

Guest bitroast

INSIDE is rad. pretty much similar to limbo but every aspect has been expanded on.

the weirdness in particular is ON POINT. whole game manages to feel like a fucked up nightmare.

found it to be a bit slow with some of the ' puzzles ' essentially being an obvious action but requiring super specific timing. and then me not realizing if i had the answer or not and trying different methods .. only to waste my time even more doing the same thing over and over again .. but .. the checkpoints are plentiful enough and overall the pacing is pretty great and the atmosphere and polish of the whole game more than makes up for any moments where i felt bogged down. good good game. makes me wanna pull out and re-read some charles burns :^)

Edited by bitroast

I bought Quake 4 and the Rise of the Triad reboot during the steam sale, with the impression that Q4 would be good and ROTT would be bad.. in fact, it's the opposite.. I'm enjoying ROTT a lot more than I thought I would, and Q4 seems muddy and horrible in comparison to pretty much every other FPS I've played.. which is a shame/confusing, because I remember watching a housemate play it many years ago and it seemed to be pretty cool. Even the soundtrack is terrible; why did every other Quake game have such a great soundtrack but Q4's is generic orchestral action music?! gah!

The 2013 reboot.

I didn't play the original as much as Doom, but I enjoyed it for what it was.. and the ridiculous amount of secrets/secret levels. I wonder if the 2013 version has as many super secret levels..

The re-made soundtrack is fkn excellent as well!

I thought about getting it, but wasn't sure how fun it'd be. I might grab it on the next Steam sale or something.

Yeah, same. I think it went down to $3 or something though, so definitely worth it.

Anybody excited for this ? The trailer made me hope for the real return of Sonic. Hopefully they won't just release it on "PC/PS4/XBONE" tho !

Anybody excited for this ? The trailer made me hope for the real return of Sonic. Hopefully they won't just release it on "PC/PS4/XBONE" tho !

People are gonna be so surprised when they realise that Sonic was never any good.

People are gonna be so surprised when they realise that Sonic was never any good.

I strongly disagree. Sonic 3 is a masterpiece (even tho I know I'm probably biased by the fact I played it as a kid etc etc), I still play it from time to time and it never lost its magic. Sonic 2 is great as well - maybe the first episode was a bit overrated, I find it way too slow and not really enjoyable.

Guest bitroast

Sonic 3+Knuckles and Sonic 2 aren't all bad. not exactly my favorite games ever but i enjoyed them as a kid and still can today.

the first name that rocks up in that trailer is Christian Whitehead, australian dude who's been obsessed with sonic since always and used to spend alot of free time just carbon copying sonic code and recreating the games from scratch. later on he was involved in porting the original games to mobile, plus ported Sonic CD to ps3 era consoles + PC, in widescreen HD.

as cynical as i wanna be in dismissing this as being nostalgia grabbing sega rehashing old ground bullcrap... i'm partially interested at least tbh. knowing for certain that legit super passionate sonic fans are involved in making a modern 'retro' sonic game. it could be interesting ??? i'll keep an eye on it for sure :^)

I've been playing Undertale and Baldur's Gate 2 for the past few months and they are both great 9.5/10 for both! Because rating systems are important. Everyone knows this.

Undertale is only.. about... 4/5 hours long, but you have to play thru it 2/3 times to get the full effect so I recommend it.

Baldur's gate 2 was like 40 hours long, and I'm still gonna do a run thru on a higher difficulty at some point.

They're both pretty cheap on steam.

So yeah, recommend those.

Edited by Brisbot

I've been playing Undertale and Baldur's Gate 2 for the past few months and they are both great 9.5/10 for both! Because rating systems are important. Everyone knows this.

Undertale is only.. about... 4/5 hours long, but you have to play thru it 2/3 times to get the full effect so I recommend it.

oh yeah, I forgot I bought that. Should get back on to it. I'm a bit skeptical since it's pretty much universally adored in the chip scene, to the point of a lot of people doing covers of the soundtrack.

I've barely touched anything since I finished Doom. This will probably all change when the new Deus Ex comes out. My girlfriend has been obsessively playing Grim Dawn for the past couple of weeks so it'll be nice to have something to play while she's playing that.

edit: also wtf sonic 3+knuckles is perfect

Edited by modey

oh yeah, I forgot I bought that. Should get back on to it. I'm a bit skeptical since it's pretty much universally adored in the chip scene, to the point of a lot of people doing covers of the soundtrack.

I've barely touched anything since I finished Doom. This will probably all change when the new Deus Ex comes out. My girlfriend has been obsessively playing Grim Dawn for the past couple of weeks so it'll be nice to have something to play while she's playing that.

I was surprised that it had its own fandoms. Usually things with massive fandoms tend to be cringy, but Undertale is great. The music IS overrated, I mean it's mostly just theme music. I've never heard amazing theme music now that I've heard of it, but some of it is good, and most of it is alright. Very little of it is bad.

Btw what websites do you go to for the 'chip scene'.

There are lots of bad animations on youtube (some good ones though). Never look them up.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also played through Brutal Doom once. I had more fun playing that than the new Doom. Definitely worth a play since it's free, and a great game really. I don't normally like games with just guts and gore, it's fun for 10 minutes then gets repetitive, but the fast pace and stuff and the way enemies attack you feel like these tiny puzzles you have to solve. If you play it you'll see what I mean (hopefully)

Edited by Brisbot

Yeah one of these days I'll get onto Brutal Doom. I just thought it was some gimmicky skin pack or something, but it seems to be some kind of modification to the gameplay mechanics as well.

Btw what websites do you go to for the 'chip scene'.

well, there's chipmusic.org, which is alright but can be a bit cringey at times.. the Chiptunes = WIN \m/ <3 \m/ or whatever it's called facebook group is a bit better.