IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah one of these days I'll get onto Brutal Doom. I just thought it was some gimmicky skin pack or something, but it seems to be some kind of modification to the gameplay mechanics as well.

Oh no, it's basically.. 30+ new levels with modifications to feel more..modern, but still mostly doom. You have a higher degree of control.

The levels are designed very well too.

I jumped back to Bloodborne this week, now on NG+2... I also started a new char to run the Old Hunters DLC on... may attempt it in NG+2 also, we'll see.

oh yeah, I forgot I bought that. Should get back on to it. I'm a bit skeptical since it's pretty much universally adored in the chip scene, to the point of a lot of people doing covers of the soundtrack.

I've barely touched anything since I finished Doom. This will probably all change when the new Deus Ex comes out. My girlfriend has been obsessively playing Grim Dawn for the past couple of weeks so it'll be nice to have something to play while she's playing that.

I was surprised that it had its own fandoms. Usually things with massive fandoms tend to be cringy, but Undertale is great. The music IS overrated, I mean it's mostly just theme music. I've never heard amazing theme music now that I've heard of it, but some of it is good, and most of it is alright. Very little of it is bad.

Btw what websites do you go to for the 'chip scene'.

There are lots of bad animations on youtube (some good ones though). Never look them up.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also played through Brutal Doom once. I had more fun playing that than the new Doom. Definitely worth a play since it's free, and a great game really. I don't normally like games with just guts and gore, it's fun for 10 minutes then gets repetitive, but the fast pace and stuff and the way enemies attack you feel like these tiny puzzles you have to solve. If you play it you'll see what I mean (hopefully)

If you enjoyed Brutal Doom, I recommend Project Brutality, which is arguably superior.

Just completed a second XCOM 2 playthrough, losing only my SPARK on the final mission. Still never got around to any Psi training though. I will make training Psi Ops agents mandatory next time.

Gonna try Singularity next, since the reviews look promising. I always opt for shooters that have some sort of sci-fi or occult weirdness factor to them. Contemporary ones like CoD or Battlefield just seem too bland for me.

Guest bitroast

I jumped back to Bloodborne this week, now on NG+2... I also started a new char to run the Old Hunters DLC on... may attempt it in NG+2 also, we'll see.

i had suuuuuch a hard time doing the dlc first time on ng+. the dlc is easily the hardest levels of the game so be sure to tackle it near endgame.

Anybody excited for this ? The trailer made me hope for the real return of Sonic. Hopefully they won't just release it on "PC/PS4/XBONE" tho !

Well, those are now the current-gen consoles (and PC), so why would you expect to see it anywhere else? Not sure if a 3DS could handle what they have planned for it...

I've been playing a LOT of Song of the Deep - really enjoying the exploring and building up the ability set. Forgot how satisfying it was in these kinds of games to go back to an area where a part was previously unpassable and now you can with a new item/ability...

Damn, EVO Street Fighter V finals were real nail-biters!

hardly playing anything unless you count go. going on 3+mile runs hatching eggs. going on walks w/a neighborhood friend to catch shit occasionally (have one good friend who lives nearby who is actually into it). running into mobs in the park on the way home from work and mooching their lures for a few minutes. swiping stops as a passenger in the car.

and the occasional sfv still. went 1-2 in tournament on saturday. was happy to get a single win when i hadn't played since ibuki dropped a few weeks ago.

Damn, EVO Street Fighter V finals were real nail-biters!

hardly playing anything unless you count go. going on 3+mile runs hatching eggs. going on walks w/a neighborhood friend to catch shit occasionally (have one good friend who lives nearby who is actually into it). running into mobs in the park on the way home from work and mooching their lures for a few minutes. swiping stops as a passenger in the car.

and the occasional sfv still. went 1-2 in tournament on saturday. was happy to get a single win when i hadn't played since ibuki dropped a few weeks ago.

And Juri is out tomorrow - although I hate her new outfit (prefer her SFIV one)

juri looks p cool i think. not sure they needed to quadruple her bust size but what do i know. i'll probably grip her and hopefully try and start playing a good bit again. i'm interested in her and ibuki as alts for mika.

Just completed a second XCOM 2 playthrough, losing only my SPARK on the final mission. Still never got around to any Psi training though. I will make training Psi Ops agents mandatory next time.

Man, psi ops are great! You gotta go for it. My only full playthrough I ended with two psi users on my squad and they were the highlights of the whole team. You get an ability that lets you grant other players extra moves, which opens up tons of combo potential.

juri looks p cool i think. not sure they needed to quadruple her bust size but what do i know. i'll probably grip her and hopefully try and start playing a good bit again. i'm interested in her and ibuki as alts for mika.

I never noticed that - I guess being evil means you get evil boob jobs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on ps vita games? Maybe an jrpg or something, as I need something relatively long to play over my holidays. (hammock vita beer time lol)

everyone raves about p4golden but i've never played it. you can also just dl any ps1 jrpg onto it and go from there. the ffx remaster.

outside of jrpgs the things i've played most on vita were all available on other consoles so you may have played them:

olli olli (1&2)

rogue legacy

shovel knight

guacamelee

Shovel Knight was good! Haven't heard of the others, will check them out.

Wow, didn't realize the ffx and x-2 got a remake for the vita. I think I might get that!!! Thank you. :beer:

Sega to launch "Mini Mega Drive" to counter Nintendo NES reboot : http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/sega-updates-mini-mega-drive-8495188

Sounds amazing, 80 games included (of course not everything is great on the list...), possibility to play your roms via SD card or even genuine MegaDrive cartridges (!!!).

Over hyped.

Sega to launch "Mini Mega Drive" to counter Nintendo NES reboot : http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/sega-updates-mini-mega-drive-8495188

Sounds amazing, 80 games included (of course not everything is great on the list...), possibility to play your roms via SD card or even genuine MegaDrive cartridges (!!!).

Over hyped.

that thing has been out for a while. this is just a re-release with a slightly different game lineup. half of the games aren't even genesis/megadrive games and are pure shovel ware. everyone says the controllers are garbage because they use infrared instead of any kind of modern wireless technology (think having to aim your tv remote at the ir receiver on your tv). http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/25/12270196/sega-genesis-mega-drive-nes-classic-edition-plug-and-play

but please. do tell me how you like meatloaf rotation ;)

seriously though. bypass the minines and at games sega shit entirely and just get a rasp pi 3 that can emulate everything up to ps1 and takes all modern wireless console controllers and can be had for about $60 ;)

got through all but juri's 10th trial last nite. seems fun but i'm probably too lazy to try and truly learn another character =\

Edited by juiceciuj

seriously though. bypass the minines and at games sega shit entirely and just get a rasp pi 3 that can emulate everything up to ps1 and takes all modern wireless console controllers and can be had for about $60 ;)

Absolutely, these recent consoles are a mere curio than something I'd be interested in getting due to all the bad stuff you mention above. Good little video from the jimquisition about it

Hell even if you want the feel of the original controllers you can get cheap converters of old-controller-plug-to-USB, plus all the games you want with all the updates in the world to make it all work 100%

Guest bitroast

nice.

all this NES console talk pushed me over the edge and i finally ordered a NES flash cart. have a CRT ... have a NES ... have 3 controllers ... provided i can get the flash cart going smoothly, i should be SORTED for the NES :):)

I recently started playing Dungeons and Dragons again

I am the DM of a group that plays once or twice a month :).

nice.

all this NES console talk pushed me over the edge and i finally ordered a NES flash cart. have a CRT ... have a NES ... have 3 controllers ... provided i can get the flash cart going smoothly, i should be SORTED for the NES :):)

Sweet. I would like a ALL RETRO GAMES in 1 solution. I remember thinking I'd use the ouya for that, but I never bought it and haven't heard of it since.

I guess I could get a flash drive and just put everything on there, but I'd like a small console and a few controllers that I could just plug into a tv and play, and enough HD room to store pretty much all the retro games before ps1.

I recently started playing Dungeons and Dragons again

I am the DM of a group that plays once or twice a month :).

nice.

Sweet. I would like a ALL RETRO GAMES in 1 solution. I remember thinking I'd use the ouya for that, but I never bought it and haven't heard of it since.

I guess I could get a flash drive and just put everything on there, but I'd like a small console and a few controllers that I could just plug into a tv and play, and enough HD room to store pretty much all the retro games before ps1.

look at the bottom of the last page. get a rasp pi 3 and you'll be emulating through ps1 and be able to use ps3/4, xbox controllers, etc. a whole rasp pi kit can be had for <$60 if you watch for deals which includes an sd card that will easily hold all of the games you could possibly want (unless you really go nuts downloading every ps1 game). the entire computer in a case is about the size of a deck of cards. it probably weighs less than the cables you'll be connecting it with and you can also use it as a media center. there's a handful of custom os's built for flashing that are dedicated to emulation:

https://www.recalbox.com/

https://retropie.org.uk/

i'm using retropie on a pi2 with a ps2 controller+usb adapter and even that easily handles ps1 games. i would definitely have waited for pi3 if i knew it would have built in bluetooth/wireless (vs having to have dongles for the pi2). i've read that recalbox is a good bit easier to setup but harder to customize. both recalbox and retropie are about to have pretty major updates (ver 4.0) also so we might see better emulation of like, 64/dc stuff.

gonna wait and see how pi3+ the 4.0 stuff pans out and see if i wanna gift my pi2 to someone else and build a pi3

so yeah. if you're intimidated by the rasp pi stuff? don't be. it's really easy (and constantly getting easier). there's loads of documentation on how to get shit running

i did it and i'm an idiot

Guest bitroast

well.

the flashcart is more specifically in relation to wanting the real deal. you know? the original controller. 0 lag from emulation or wrong tv type. there's something special about playing the original games an the actual system that makes the deal a lot more enjoyable for me. ykno ? : ^)

yeah i was directing that at brisbot who said Sweet. I would like a ALL RETRO GAMES in 1 solution. I remember thinking I'd use the ouya for that, but I never bought it and haven't heard of it since.

although the flashcart dealie is pretty cool at this point i'd just rather play on a dualshock and not have to worry about blowing in my system/jiggling the cart around ;)