IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

what's a modern, graphically intensive pc game that can be had for <$10 and is actually good? got a new videocard that i'm looking to test. the only remotely new game i have is sfv and it runs at 1080/ultra/60+fps and looks great (way better than ps4) but i realize it's not that demanding.

the new hitman starter pack(don,t ask) is pretty cheap i think,and is great to look at,if your into murder sims

tried free doom demo on steam. runs on ultra full speed on open gl but seems to have more hiccups on vulkan (really not bad at all though). looks amazing. crazy i couldn't even watch 1080p videos on this same pc (just shy of 6 yrs old) and now i can pull this stuff off all with one piece of kit.

also easy vita/psvt homebrew(emulators) is here: https://henkaku.xyz/ and no need to pay for an exploit psp game that will get patched :)

playing early access formula fusion (the wip3out clone from the old psygnosis devs). it's definitely coming along and they just put out a big update in july. 4 tracks and a mockup of the ship upgrade feature and somewhat playable online multiplayer. definitely don't feel bad about kickstarting it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/389670/

and in getting back in those messageboards a bit found out about ballistic ng which is basically a carbon copy wip3out clone and is a free steam game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/389670/

between ff being in early access/active development and my new card probably not having optimized drivers yet i'm not getting the best performance in it. still fun to dick around in though

I sold my PS4. I'm now 100% a PC gamer. Uh, master race n' such!

I've been playing Overwatch, The Witcher 3, MGSV, Rocket League and just started playing WoW again in preparation for Legion.

If anyone wants to join me in Overwatch sometime, feel free to add me on BNet: Rahlorg#1476

Go ahead and add me on Steam as well: Rahlorg

Edited by 747Music

Loved the vibe of BioShock 1. never checked out the others. I could probably revisit.. for cheap.

I'm on a retro kick and am playing Super Metroid right now. Very addicting.. holds up incredibly well. I think I needed something super straight forward after Witcher 3 (which was obviously incredible)

I finally started playing DOOM. 5 minutes in and there already is testosterone and adrenaline pouring out of my mouth.

Also playing through Deus Ex HR for the second time, the Director's cut this time, before Mankind Divided comes out. Still an awesome game but I can't say I'm really hooked. I can only play a couple hours before being bored sneaking through air vents and playing hacking minigames.

BioShock 1+2 are some of my favourite games, although I haven't returned to them in a long time. BioShock 1 has some of the best (if not the best) atmosphere I've experienced in a game.

new QUAKE trailer

Welp, I knew a new Quake was in the works but I was hoping for a franchise reboot as they did with Doom, not a Q3Arena mk. 2 :(

Still looks fun !

Guest bitroast

i'm kind of okay with Q3Arena mk. 2 tbh. 

i'm still cautious but tbh i'm kind of looking forward to it :^) 

look at the bottom of the last page. get a rasp pi 3 and you'll be emulating through ps1 and be able to use ps3/4, xbox controllers, etc. a whole rasp pi kit can be had for <$60 if you watch for deals which includes an sd card that will easily hold all of the games you could possibly want (unless you really go nuts downloading every ps1 game). the entire computer in a case is about the size of a deck of cards. it probably weighs less than the cables you'll be connecting it with and you can also use it as a media center. there's a handful of custom os's built for flashing that are dedicated to emulation:

Thanks for all the info juicec, that actually sounds like a good idea.

It makes me wonder if there's a market for rasp pi's preloaded with specific things, such as all retro games from snes to mame to ps1 (I guess still not dreamcast or original xbox at this point) or anything else.

It makes me wonder if there's a market for rasp pi's preloaded with specific things, such as all retro games from snes to mame to ps1 (I guess still not dreamcast or original xbox at this point) or anything else.

Well there is, it's just not a very legal market - you'd be entering a world of copyright hurt !

Bioshock 1 is definitely worth picking up if you haven't played it. Great atmosphere, gameplay is fun (though combat is a tad wonky at times), good story, and I love the concept of Rapture.

2 is good if you just want a bit more of 1. Infinite is, in my opinion, dreadful, but the unique setting is probably worth checking out.

Quake Champions is looking pretty good, I'm just hoping they don't focus entirely on the unique hero abilities stuff. Gimme good old symmetric arena FPS.

look at the bottom of the last page. get a rasp pi 3 and you'll be emulating through ps1 and be able to use ps3/4, xbox controllers, etc. a whole rasp pi kit can be had for

Thanks for all the info juicec, that actually sounds like a good idea.

If not, there should be - hell, depending on how my RetroPi build comes out, I might consider doing something like that (sans the copyrighted games, of course), ideally making it dead simple for someone to pop in a SD card of their "legally acquired ROMs" and play.

To be honest it pretty much is like that, you download 'burn' the RetroPi .img onto an SD card, FTP the roms over to the relevant directories(or drag and drop if you've an OS that can read ext3/4 partitions) and you're done !

well that's the trick isn't it? the os that allows you to play roms is housed on the same sd card/flash drive with all the "legal" roms that you'd be playing =\

maybe you could sell them anonymously on craigslist

BioShock 1 has some of the best (if not the best) atmosphere I've experienced in a game.

Infinite's is just as good, if not, better. The world was so immersive; I could almost smell it.

That first section of the game was quite the experience.

Agreed!

It's a lot more realized than Rapture which is saying a lot!

picked up doom on half price, set it up to difficult, im playing with a 360 controller on my pc and im getting absolutely fucked. i tried it with my mouse and keyboard temporarily and i was doing alot better, but i just cant be arsed playing games at a desk any more. they are something i do when im splayed out, relaxing after work or studio time, but yeah. controller is not good enough to be good at it.

amazingly fun game though, ive been looking for a pure FPS for a while.