IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

BioShock 1 has some of the best (if not the best) atmosphere I've experienced in a game.

Infinite's is just as good, if not, better. The world was so immersive; I could almost smell it.

That first section of the game was quite the experience.

Agreed!

It's a lot more realized than Rapture which is saying a lot!

Exactly. The fact that it's graphically superior probably helps a little, but I think a lot of it is down to the impeccable sound design. It really brought Columbia to life.

BioShock 1 has some of the best (if not the best) atmosphere I've experienced in a game.

Infinite's is just as good, if not, better. The world was so immersive; I could almost smell it.

That first section of the game was quite the experience.

Agreed!

It's a lot more realized than Rapture which is saying a lot!

Exactly. The fact that it's graphically superior probably helps a little, but I think a lot of it is down to the impeccable sound design. It really brought Columbia to life.

Right! Also, I really love the unnatural fades between the interior and exterior environments. The crossfade is almost instant. When you enter a store or something like that all the outdoor ambience turns into dark windy drone. It sounds amazing.

^ agreed, the Columbia environments were stunning. I just felt like there wasn't enough broody atmospheric time to really soak it all up. in Rapture, you could really take your time stalking the halls of the city and there wasn't a pressing need to push on (coming partly from an ever-present companion).

but yeah, I heart Bioshock in its entirety. I still haven't played Burial At Sea.

I'm thinking the Mini NES will be pretty popular with gamers this holiday season

31449740-9367-4509-A0AC-851AA85FDCB2_zps

Nostrafuckingdamus over here.

:)

Really though, I want one so hard. Probably won't buy, but who knows...Santa, are you listening?

I'm thinking the Mini NES will be pretty popular with gamers this holiday season

31449740-9367-4509-A0AC-851AA85FDCB2_zps

I think I'm gonna make a Raspberry Pi emulator and see how that works out before buying the Mini NES

Guest bitroast

wow this is .. quality !! ?? 

has a real nice dos-y vibe to it as opposed to snes for some reason ?? but i like it. 

Careful with the Pi 3, emulation is apparently okay with Retropie, but if your expecting flawless playback you might be disappointed. If you have a laptop that is half decent with hdmi out, I would'nt bother with the Pi. 

I'm hooked on Late Shift, really well produced choose your own adventure. All filmed in HD and takes place in London at night. So far I've tried blindly trusting everyone and helping those who need it, and then playing thru as a total ass and being as selfish and untrusting as possible. 180 different branch points with 7 endings. I'm curious if anyone else here plays it, what is your strategy and the outcome. I'm playing on Apple TV and it looks gorgeous. Recommended.

Late Shift by CtrlMovie AG

https://appsto.re/us/uf110.iI'm

Reminds me a lot of the GBA metroid games:

Aye. I still have my GB Micro from 2005. But if I could only find the charger for it plus my copies of Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, I'd be sitting on the couch for hours with them...

sorry, the App Store share links work for shit.  starring Joe Sowerbutts, worth it just for his name, LOL.  it looks a lot like a Chris Nolan, Michael Mann or David Fincher film imo.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/late-shift/id886526292?mt=8

http://lateshift-movie.com/app/

http://appcircus.com/apps/late-shift

Guest bitroast

any good? 

kiiiiind of .... looks like a cross between Night Trap FMV game and a youtube compilation with all the bad Need For Speed cutscenes edited in one hour long video ???

more info on the NES Classic Mini:

C5259D01-CCC1-455F-BE82-998DED830808_zps

November 11, 2016 EU/UK release date

console $60 in US, extra controllers $10

console £50 in UK, extra controllers £8

console €70 in EU, no price on controllers

HDMI cable included, USB powered, but no wall adapter included (required)

multiple display modes: HDMI, CRT emulation, and pixel perfect mode

Wii Classic Controller & Classic Controller Pro are compatible

Wii Remotes, and Wii Smash Bros GameCube controllers not compatible

new NES controller can be used on Wii and Wii U to play Virtual Console games

permanent save points and temporary save states included in all 30 games

Library of included games:

Balloon Fight

BUBBLE BOBBLE

Castlevania™

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE

Dr. Mario

Excitebike

FINAL FANTASY®

Galaga™

GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS™

GRADIUS™

Ice Climber

Kid Icarus

Kirby’s Adventure

Mario Bros.

MEGA MAN™ 2

Metroid

NINJA GAIDEN®

PAC-MAN™

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream

StarTropics

SUPER C™

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Tecmo Bowl™

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html

pre-orders live on Nintendo UK:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-classic-mini/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system.list

Square Enix re-releasing Dragon Quest X for Nintendo NX and PS4. Maybe we'll finally get to play it.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/07/nintendo-nx-version-of-dragon-quest-x-confirmed-in-development-alongside-ps4-version/

no interest in playing mmos. wish they'd rerelease viii on pc/ps4.

No Man's Sky is amazing.

can't tell if being sarcastic or...

Inside is pretty much a 10/10 game if you accept the brevity and zero replayability. Brilliant atmosphere and some very unique puzzles.

NMS seriously looks like shit. Another case of tech demo presented as a full game. Dev flat out lied about there being multiplayer.

Edited by chim