IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

hey, I'm trying to find sim city classic right now to run on windows 7. 

I'm not savvy with the emulators etc. Is it possible to run on windows 7? =/ Any tips/hints/downloads/etc? It's freeware now I believe. Or shareware, whatever the correct term is I dont know. lol

I'm not savvy with the emulators etc. Is it possible to run on windows 7? =/ Any tips/hints/downloads/etc? It's freeware now I believe. Or shareware, whatever the correct term is I dont know. lol

download launch box

then go here : http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/

easy guy 

DOS games...the original MicroProse XCOM and Raptor: Call of the Shadows are two of my faves. Strife (which uses the Classic Doom engine) is also dope. They're all available on Steam now though, so no standalone DOS emulator is needed.

Actually my favorite Street Fighter-style fighting game on DOS; One Must Fall 2097. That one you do need DOSBox to run.

Edited by ambermonk

I'll boot up DOSBox from time to time and occasionally play whatever I have downloaded, namely this.

I'm probably overwhelmingly masochistic, though, as that game is unnecessarily hard in the way that "Battletoads" is, where instead of there being actual challenge involved you just keep dying at specific parts until you commit these traps to memory and can sequentially avoid them.

speaking of old dos games

sim city 

scorched earth

oregon trail

treasure mountain

come to mind. what else?

fuckin word rescue, dude

YGQYjp3.png

DOS games...the original MicroProse XCOM and Raptor: Call of the Shadows are two of my faves. Strife (which uses the Classic Doom engine) is also dope. They're all available on Steam now though, so no standalone DOS emulator is needed.

Actually my favorite Street Fighter-style fighting game on DOS; One Must Fall 2097. That one you do need DOSBox to run.

raptor is an AWESOME game. Thanks for the reminder =D

download launch box

easy guy 

Yekky am I doing this right? =/

All the links at dosgames are trying to charge me $5+ for each game. Are they supposed to be free? 

Sure thing man. Raptor may well be my all-time fave top-down arcade shooter. Just the overall design, the ability to buy and sell stuff between missions...and if I remember right the dev team was made up of just seven guys.

Sure thing man. Raptor may well be my all-time fave top-down arcade shooter. Just the overall design, the ability to buy and sell stuff between missions...and if I remember right the dev team was made up of just seven guys.

I recall the difficulty was spot on as well.

Only game I remember being comparable was maybe "shoot em up" on the old amiga 500. You remember that game?

lol this dos website, awesome.

Lands of Lore is on there.

old might and magic games too <3

download launch box

easy guy 

le sigh.

I can't make it work. I have EXE files to install some of these games but not sure how to register it through launchbox. Keep getting errors .

While we're still on the topic of DOS games: I remember somehow being allowed to play "Wolfenstein 3D" when I was 4 years old, yet could not watch shows rated 14+ without incurring the wrath of my mother when I was 10.

now look how bitter and jaded i have become

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Raktorn

download launch box

easy guy 

le sigh.

I can't make it work. I have EXE files to install some of these games but not sure how to register it through launchbox. Keep getting errors .

k.. fuck that program try

https://www.dosbox.com/

and

front end : http://ampshell.tuxfamily.org/

http://ampshell.tuxfamily.org/

does anyone know if there's anyway to get mods like brutal doom to run inside d3bfg? would love to be playing w/mods (at least texture, framerate, sound mods since it's currently locked at 35fps) but still want to get steam achievements ;\

Guest bitroast

let go of your attachment to acheivements and superficial game progression. if the devs intended for you to feel rewarded they would have implemented it into the game at the appropiate times via normal game dev methods (ie. beating a level, finding secrets, getting new items.).

be free. reject false game reward systems.

they do nothing but disrupt games intended flow via constant rewarding.

#bantrophies

#livefree

Edited by bitroast

Anyone playing the new Deus Ex? I've been thinking about picking it up...

I've been, a little bit. Still early in the game though. If you haven't played Human Revolution yet, I recommend playing thru that one first.

does anyone know if there's anyway to get mods like brutal doom to run inside d3bfg? would love to be playing w/mods (at least texture, framerate, sound mods since it's currently locked at 35fps) but still want to get steam achievements ;\

Doom 3? Whatever mods you download you'll need to unzip into your Doom 3 folder if I remember right. If you're running it on Steam then you should be able to do so under the Steam directory.

As for Classic Doom, I recommend GZDoom for downloading WADs and PK3s. If you enjoy Brutal Doom, then Project Brutality takes it a step higher.

Guest bitroast

rad @ N++ . N++ on ps4 is fucking rad.. the local multiplayer race modes in particular are a HEAP of fun if you can play with some peeps locally. recommended. 

rad @ thimbleweed park. in slightly similar news .. the latest humble bundle is looking pretty rad ..

Pay $1 or more
  • Space Quest Collection
  • Phantasmagoria 1 and 2
  • Police Quest Collection
  • Shiftlings
Pay more than the average (about $8)
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • TimeShift
  • Quest for Glory Collection
  • Gabriel Knight 1-3
Pay $15 or more
  • Caesar 3 and 4
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
  • King's Quest Classic Collection
  • Velocity 2X
Pay $20 or more
  • King's Quest: The Complete Collection

the only sierra thing i ever remember playing was that shitty diablo expansion. however, my wife has talked about police quest and some of the other quest games for years as some of her favorite games from childhood so she immediately bought the $20 tier