IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Looking forward to tackling Dragon Quest VII on 3DS, and the updated StreetPass Plaza has new Mii games, some of my fav mobile games to play while traveling. Even preordered the Pokemon Sun/Moon double pack, so my mobile gaming for the Fall is set! Lol

This Final Fantasy XV pinball game is pretty meh though.

Guest bitroast

legit new favourite video game right here btw https://geoguessr.com/

Holy shit, 2nd one it gave me to guess was a few villages over from the one my Mum lives in, in Devon.

hahaha

was playing it at work other night and had big open middle of nowhere american looking country road. googled ' where was first wal-mart ' and picked that location. pretty much got the location except a few cities in wrong direction xD

also blindly guessing some random location in russia and getting it within the couple kilometers range was another personal victory highlight . (russia is really big!!!)

Holy shit, 2nd one it gave me to guess was a few villages over from the one my Mum lives in, in Devon.

hahaha

was playing it at work other night and had big open middle of nowhere american looking country road. googled ' where was first wal-mart ' and picked that location. pretty much got the location except a few cities in wrong direction xD

also blindly guessing some random location in russia and getting it within the couple kilometers range was another personal victory highlight . (russia is really big!!!)

I hate to be the one who ruins your illusion, but it's actually not that big. The map makes it look big.

https://jakubmarian.com/how-big-are-greenland-and-russia-in-comparison-to-africa/

It's also apparent that there are quite a few throwback elements to the original Ion Storm game as JC Denton. For example, the return of Biocells, Multitools, bipedal robots, TF29's resemblance to UNATCO, etc.

damn that really entices me to play, does it have a lot of the post economic collapse vibes and look of the original DX? there's something about the mix of high tech and low tech that always stuck with me as a great example of a cyberpunk world.

MD emphasizes on the apartheid theme between "naturals" and augmented people, with the latter typically being treated as a marginalized category, player included. There's definitely a near-future dystopian vibe, especially in regards to how increasingly militarized police treat augmented citizens. Also, as Perezvon mentioned earlier, the streets of Prague aren't unlike City 17 from HL2.

that's pretty neat! I am only hearing good things about it (aside from the microtransaction fuckfest), definitely next on my buy list

Played some BF1 beta last night, found it a bit boring to be honest but I think the map is mostly to blame.

Guest bitroast

hahaha

I hate to be the one who ruins your illusion, but it's actually not that big. The map makes it look big.

https://jakubmarian.com/how-big-are-greenland-and-russia-in-comparison-to-africa/

:^O mg

Looking forward to tackling Dragon Quest VII on 3DS, and the updated StreetPass Plaza has new Mii games, some of my fav mobile games to play while traveling. Even preordered the Pokemon Sun/Moon double pack, so my mobile gaming for the Fall is set! Lol

This Final Fantasy XV pinball game is pretty meh though.

Dragon Quest VIII (the best DQ, IMO) will also be released on the 3DS in 2017. WHY NOT THE PS4 HD REMAKE ARRRGH

so far i've been to thirty planets and they're all dead rocks with basically the same spore creature lol fauna running around. not really anything weird or fascinating in the game. it's clear to me that they rushed this thing out without a solid foundation and absolutely nothing beyond the generative worlds aspect. should have been an early access title, i wouldn't be complaining if it had been a steam summer sale thing like the forest or whatever other games are still in development. i guess it's kind of relaxing to fly around to planets and there's very minute variation in the environments but the game is so basic and boring, the mining/crafting aspect is just not developed at all, combat is terrible, graphics suck... total waste of sixty bucks.

yes

PLEASE come out for PS4 as well!

No kidding, I wish it'd come out on PS4 as well, the 30's cartoon style art looks friggin' amazing! 

Yeah, really amazing how the captured the "filmed animation" feel and fuzziness, not to mention the spot-on fonts, voices and tinny audio.

Guest bitroast

PLEASE come out for PS4 as well!

No kidding, I wish it'd come out on PS4 as well, the 30's cartoon style art looks friggin' amazing! 

Yeah, really amazing how the captured the "filmed animation" feel and fuzziness, not to mention the spot-on fonts, voices and tinny audio.

the audio's still weirding me out. i get that it's supposed to sound oldschool and tinny but the way everything is mixed and certain sound effects really pop out and just sound like static isolated samples playing really loudly just sounds kind of cheap to me ?? it reminds me of fucking around with klik and play and using the default sound effects. 

i feel obliged to bring up some actual 30s cartoons and doing a side by side comparison to see how the two compare but i can't be bothered and im just pretty sure it sounds bad. i think .. 

I am so tempted to give Doom a go right now but I need to study.

If you start playing it now you won't be able to stop. So yeah, you probably shouldn't... but then on the other hand, don't you want to be cool?

Guest bitroast

how the fack is it still 80 bucks on Steam, though.

most physical pc games end up just being a steam code, or a small install off disc and then download the rest off internet. 

agreed that 80 bucks on steam is bit rich .. always good to look around, ebay etc :^) 

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-217086-DOOM-PC

Doesn't look like anything special but it sounds pretty great

^made by the 140 people .. 'and the lead puzzle designer of Limbo and Inside', 'accompanied by a brutal soundtrack by electronic music pioneers Cristian Vogel & SØS Gunver Ryberg'. 

if it wasn't for the people involved and their previous work, i sort of agree that it probably doesnt look like anything special ... but ... i'm curious to give it a chance and see what it's about. 

Edited by bitroast

the audio's still weirding me out. i get that it's supposed to sound oldschool and tinny but the way everything is mixed and certain sound effects really pop out and just sound like static isolated samples playing really loudly just sounds kind of cheap to me ?? it reminds me of fucking around with klik and play and using the default sound effects. 

i feel obliged to bring up some actual 30s cartoons and doing a side by side comparison to see how the two compare but i can't be bothered and im just pretty sure it sounds bad. i think ..

Yeah I totally know what you mean - There needs to be some sort of global compression over all the audio so everything feels like it's all part of the same audio track rather than a variety of samples mixed at all sorts of levels! Maybe it'll be fixed by release ...

It's a real shame, I've actually been locking forward to that game for a while but that gameplay footage demo seemed kinda disappointing solely on the gameplay itself - it seemed to get boring real quickly. For some reason I was thinking it was gonna be more platform and maybe even RPG focused rather than a run&gun/shmup game. Even the lovely chromatic aberration made me feel slightly nauseous after a while (all that flashing probably didn't help).

Damnit the design, art and sound team really should be congratulated on the hard work they put into it, but the game mechanics itself seem to be quite the bottleneck for what could've been an incredible experience.

Guest bitroast

yeah. it REALLY needs a fat heavy super mutated compression over the whole thing to match the heavy visual filter. the audio jumps out like crazy. maybe you're meant to play it like a brian eno ambient album and keep it at a near inaudable volume. 

Edited by bitroast