IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

gonna try thumper tonight. burned out on games after no mans sky was just such a fucking waste.

civ VI looks like cartoon shit too so not excited for that either. Civ V was fucking perfect in retrospect

looks like red dead revolver based on the 7 samurai story. probs be cool. the multiplayer in that game was bare bones and had so much potential. if they improve it and give it some real content then it would be great.

Guest bitroast

looks like red dead revolver based on the 7 samurai story. probs be cool. the multiplayer in that game was bare bones and had so much potential. if they improve it and give it some real content then it would be great.

with the success of GTA Online .. this is pretty much what i'm wondering ..

the pic is a reference to magnificiant 7/7 samurai for sure, but is it also suggesting that online will be the focus? i'm finding very little desire to ever revisit the GTA V campaign... tried replaying red dead redemption recently and dnjoyed it but got bored at stopped in Mexico .. but i still feed the need for the new red dead game to have a new single player campaign ....

curios to see what direction they go in ????

Guest bitroast
phew it's a single player !!

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Guest bitroast

yeah. those games being locked to the ps3 era consoles is pretty bad. not that graphics is everything, but the ps3 version is riddled with pop in and pretty low framerate. i imagine it wouldn't be that hard to port it over to current gen/pc, keep graphics relatively in tact but boost performance. 

After being addicted to a free psplus game nba2k16, I purchased a used copy of nba2k17.  One cool note about the game soundtrack, Grimes curated a playlist for the game, and made some new tunes for the game.  I watched an interview with Grimes in game during a loading screen and man she's cute.

World of Final Fantasy demo out on PS4 (dunno about Vita) - really good little game/demo, cute as hell characters and enemies. Feels like a FF game.

i was really underwhelmed with the demo actually. it doesn't do a good job of explaining how any of the systems work. (why change sizes? why stack or unstack? how do characters and monsters level up or get new abilities?) it also didn't seem to run consistently at 60fps which was pretty surprising to me. the battle timer is horrible. also kinda confusing that it's called dungeon demo and i kept waiting to go into a dungeon but you're just outside in a brightly lit field the entire time.

and the whole "the-the" shit is awful

probably will still buy it :cerious:

World of Final Fantasy demo out on PS4 (dunno about Vita) - really good little game/demo, cute as hell characters and enemies. Feels like a FF game.

i was really underwhelmed with the demo actually. it doesn't do a good job of explaining how any of the systems work. (why change sizes? why stack or unstack? how do characters and monsters level up or get new abilities?) it also didn't seem to run consistently at 60fps which was pretty surprising to me. the battle timer is horrible. also kinda confusing that it's called dungeon demo and i kept waiting to go into a dungeon but you're just outside in a brightly lit field the entire time.

and the whole "the-the" shit is awful

probably will still buy it :cerious:

TOO KAWAII FOR U

I thought the battle timer was pretty neat - especially if there are items that can speed up your character's timers, etc.

Agreed on the lack of explanation though - I would have rather the demo been a big tutorial than just wandering around figuring things out.

Also agree on their definition of "dungeon". Felt like I was walking around in Minecraft

But yeah, I'm buying it too - with the 20% Amazon Prime discount, 47.99 isn't too bad for a game like this.

I bet you never used the bigger versions of the main characters, and always stayed in chibi mode, eh? I hope you can do the whole game like that.