IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

World of Final Fantasy demo out on PS4 (dunno about Vita) - really good little game/demo, cute as hell characters and enemies. Feels like a FF game.

i was really underwhelmed with the demo actually. it doesn't do a good job of explaining how any of the systems work. (why change sizes? why stack or unstack? how do characters and monsters level up or get new abilities?) it also didn't seem to run consistently at 60fps which was pretty surprising to me. the battle timer is horrible. also kinda confusing that it's called dungeon demo and i kept waiting to go into a dungeon but you're just outside in a brightly lit field the entire time.

and the whole "the-the" shit is awful

probably will still buy it :cerious:

TOO KAWAII FOR U

I thought the battle timer was pretty neat - especially if there are items that can speed up your character's timers, etc.

Agreed on the lack of explanation though - I would have rather the demo been a big tutorial than just wandering around figuring things out.

Also agree on their definition of "dungeon". Felt like I was walking around in Minecraft

But yeah, I'm buying it too - with the 20% Amazon Prime discount, 47.99 isn't too bad for a game like this.

I bet you never used the bigger versions of the main characters, and always stayed in chibi mode, eh? I hope you can do the whole game like that.

i'm fine with the kawaii and i did change sizes a couple of times but didn't see the point. kinda jarring walking up to chibi cloud and hearing him talk in some drab adult tone and say one line of dialog over and over. shit should seriously not have voiceovers imo. 

I watched like an hour of the new Zelda stream yesterday, so this better deliver, taking that game on the go would be excellent.

i just hope it's powerful enough, and no gimmicks .i won't be too butthurt if t's not a hybird but, *shrug*

Guest bitroast

i know FPS isn't end of the world ... but i wonder if zelda running on nx vs zelda running on wii u will have any improvement on the framerate. probably not tho... >.>

hmmm... 

def cooler than wii or wiiu. i like the way the controllers seem to break away into two tiny wiimotes but they're probably god awful uncomfortable when played that way. looks like pro classic controllers probably won't work anymore as everyone was using those grubby looking switch controllers. 

Guest bitroast

trailer is weird in that .. maybe it's just purely using wii u games to sell the idea of what the console is ? 

BUT. 

reading the trailer on a more literal level, it almost seems like it's being marketed as a portable wii u. 

which .. my take on it would be .. wii u was initially a big massive flop and everyone was citing the confusing wii name as a big reason. so regardless of what the new console was going to be, they absolutely felt the need to rebrand and introduce something fresh. but it really just looks like a portable wii u to me ??

(seeing as buying a wii u, and that this is i'm guessing going to be the new nintendo console going forward, i have no ideas with this).

my big question i guess .. is .. will games continue to come out on wii u and nx after zelda, or is zelda a 1 off transition period exception ??

So the shrunken down Gamepad rumors were true, that was from like 2 years ago, crazy controller options as usual.  Another Pro Controller is welcome, as that was really the best way to play Mario Kart, the tiny split controller option I'm not too sure people with big hands will enjoy.  I'm also curious to see what multimedia and wireless functions it has, sharing, Streetpass, unlockables, and Amiibo / NFC capabilities.  Obviously, the first gen of games will be heavy on Wii U remasters, as they were great games, just on a dud of a console.  Now shut up an take my money! $$$

Guest bitroast

So the shrunken down Gamepad rumors were true, that was from like 2 years ago, crazy controller options as usual.  Another Pro Controller is welcome, as that was really the best way to play Mario Kart, the tiny split controller option I'm not too sure people with big hands will enjoy.  I'm also curious to see what multimedia and wireless functions it has, sharing, Streetpass, unlockables, and Amiibo / NFC capabilities.  Obviously, the first gen of games will be heavy on Wii U remasters, as they were great games, just on a dud of a console.  Now shut up an take my money! $$$

i don't even think remasters? they look like its just straight up playing wii u games man. 

Guest bitroast

actually wait, maybe you're right!

with it being cartridge based, maybe it won't have a disc drive? the portable unit for example definitely won't, i imagine. so how will you play your wii u games (assuming physical format and not digital) on the nintendo switch? 

def need more details here. 

PICS

GSBzjs6.jpg

IZHogGB.jpgEX8LMFZ.jpg

actually wait, maybe you're right!

with it being cartridge based, maybe it won't have a disc drive? the portable unit for example definitely won't, i imagine. so how will you play your wii u games (assuming physical format and not digital) on the nintendo switch? 

def need more details here. 

PICS

GSBzjs6.jpg

IZHogGB.jpgEX8LMFZ.jpg

Maybe via Wifi and 4G?

Not that I'm hoping that's the case, but...

i don't even think remasters? they look like its just straight up playing wii u games man. 

people have noted they actually appear to be updates. noticing unique hairstyles in splatoon and the fact that boo wasn't playable in mario kart. so they're not direct ports seemingly (or they'll just update the wiiu to match?)

Guest bitroast

omg. 

given that wii u didn't sell super well and userbase was made up of either BIG NINTENDO FANS, or simple people choosing to believe in the wii u and invest in it, expecting people to rebuy the wii u games is going to be a massive FUCK YOU to the nintendo fanbase lololol

on one hand, it seems like a rebranding and attempt at attacking a larger demographic than the measly tiny wii u userbase. but its still funny to see how this is going to play out. i, having not purchased a wii u, personally don't give a shit and will happily buy one and buy all the wii u games i been wanting to.. but yeah lol. hmm.. HMM.. 

the shitty major fuck up launch of the wii u continues to hurt them. (??)

Guest bitroast

yeah, there are playthrough demo vids of people playing Zelda on Wii u, at E3 and the like.. and that game makes the framerate DROP hard. so.. assuming the insides are similar to that of the wii u, i think it's fair to say you won't be getting a 60fps experience from zelda on the nx nintendo switch. 

so. never played an rdr game but are all of the characters awful and unlikable like almost every gta game? looks good but not sure i can stomach another 30-50 hours playing as a character i don't like at all

so. never played an rdr game but are all of the characters awful and unlikable like almost every gta game? looks good but not sure i can stomach another 30-50 hours playing as a character i don't like at all

personally I did not like RDR at all because of this. The environment was really nice, but the game was basically just: ride to some place, watch a cut scene with characters who seemed somehow one dimensional, ride some other place, shoot some guys on horses, ride some other place, be chased by guys on horses, shoot them, ride some other place, shoot some guys, ride some other place, etc etc..

The environment in the new trailer looks really nice,