IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

All of the Switch game footage from announcement was added in post production, they were all sitting there playing blank screens, lol

Of course - and I would wager it wasn't running on Switch hardware, either (probably development systems)

World of Final Fantasy comes out today (yay) and Dark Souls 3 DLC for PS4 (XBONE got it leaked early last week)

Game Center CX (superbly great show) co-host plays 20 minutes of the new Zelda game:

I was watching that at work today, funny he calls Aonuma when he gets stuck lol

It looks beautiful and hopefully I will be picking this up (first console I will have owned since Xbox), but the shiny, glossy graphics are slightly repulsive. I think some more earthiness in the style would go a long way.

Edited by Jdub

Guest bitroast

All of the Switch game footage from announcement was added in post production, they were all sitting there playing blank screens, lol

you thought it was all real and find it funny it was a produced video to demonstrate the product ? FLOL

Guest bitroast

Finished the Dark Souls 3 DLC. Kinda dissapointed with it. Oh well.

sad. read similar reviews. i'lol just wait for both DLCs to be out before digging in.

i imagine the bloodborne dlc would've been disappointing also had it've been split into 2 as originally planned. weird. oh well. still can't wait for DS3 to be wrapped up and to see new non dark souls products from them (i'm pretty sure miyazaki becoming president at fromsoft was still after ds3 was planned and in the works with bandainamco... we'll see what difference any of this makes...)

you thought it was all real and find it funny it was a produced video to demonstrate the product ? FLOL

I thought they were tech demos or just prerendered animated clips, maybe the screen backlight isn't that impressive and they didn't want to let on yet while trying to generate positive buzz.

Has anyone played The Tomorrow Children? Can't deny I'm fascinated by the concept, just wondering if there is more to it than possibly a half-baked satire of DLC/modern gaming

I played the beta briefly, I love the art style, but it was incredibly boring and frustrating to me. It's just endless grinding for no apparent reason at all. Not worth it. Edited by Gocab

Has anyone played The Tomorrow Children? Can't deny I'm fascinated by the concept, just wondering if there is more to it than possibly a half-baked satire of DLC/modern gaming

I played the beta briefly, I love the art style, but it was incredibly boring and frustrating to me. It's just endless grinding for no apparent reason at all. Not worth it.

yup. it was fun for a few hours, but it got tedious really fast

DS3 DLC was pretty good, but too short. arena 3v3 battles are fun though

I played the beta briefly, I love the art style, but it was incredibly boring and frustrating to me. It's just endless grinding for no apparent reason at all. Not worth it.

Yeah, The Tomorrow Children is visually and conceptually interesting, but agreed - endless grindfest with little payoff.

Yeah, The Tomorrow Children is visually and conceptually interesting, but agreed - endless grindfest with little payoff.

Gave it a shot today. LLooooove the art style, still have no idea what's going on

Nintendo Switch rumored to have a 720p multi-touch screen on portable unit, and Joy-Con R controller has pointer functionality, possibly making games like Mario Galaxy and Pikmin portable.

i haven't played the galaxy games yet :(  are they better than sunshine?

Nintendo Switch rumored to have a 720p multi-touch screen on portable unit, and Joy-Con R controller has pointer functionality, possibly making games like Mario Galaxy and Pikmin portable.

i haven't played the galaxy games yet :( are they better than sunshine?

I didn't play Sunshine but I watched people play it back in the day. Instead of the paint mechanic, SMG used microgravity as its core, jumping from one small moon to another, lots of sideways and upside down action, the pointer mostly used to collect stars and target game elements. Very unlike any Mario game before or since, recommended. Especially SMG 2.

Someone put a lot of time into this

It's a shame though that (as per the Metroid 2 remake) as soon as it gets to a remotely playable state that Nintendo will send a cease-and-desist arrow into the heart of the author

civ vi. promising!

yes, promising is the right word. i was a bit overhyped in my previous post about, because currently it's a mess. the ui is shit, hard to get useful information (no info about current trade deals for example), tons of exploits, idiotic ai..it needs some serious patching before it becomes really enjoyable.

Edited by eugene