IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I bought Dragons Dogma (pc) last week and feel quite meh about it. Inventory system sucks nuts in a bad way and I just don't feel involved in the game world or care about any of the characters at all (yet). It's pretty though, and the combat is interesting. Has anyone here played it? Tips for a noob?

Guest bitroast

Hideo Kojima presents Norman Reedus .. Guillermo del Toro .. Mads Mikkelsen .. starring in a Hideo Kojima .. directed by Hideo Kojima

/ Hideo Kojima

This game needs to get a release date already

That game needs more sound. Why does everything sound so empty? I know it's just a trailer but still.

Looks beautiful but man... I'm already kinda missing the robots from Mass Effect 2 and 3. I don't want to fight Avatar monsters.

Guest bitroast

This game needs to get a release date already

That game needs more sound. Why does everything sound so empty? I know it's just a trailer but still.

have watched gameplay footage from the wii u demos and it seemed pretty quiet during that as well. but it also made it feel very meditative and kind of relaxing. 

the music was pretty stripped back as well.. mostly music-less with little touches during moments i think ???

will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

so frikkin hyped for it !!! but cautious !!! but hopeful, cos 3DS Link Between Worlds was absolutely a step in the correct direction !!! but skyward sword was the worst entry in the series ever ever ever !!! who knows. 

also ya ya ya. ignore my smile comment. overall, i think mass effect looks great :D

Hideo Kojima presents Norman Reedus .. Guillermo del Toro .. Mads Mikkelsen .. starring in a Hideo Kojima .. directed by Hideo Kojima

/ Hideo Kojima

this trailer clears a lot up from the last teaser

I bought the first two Mass Effect games but just couldn't get past the slow running pace and wonky camera controls. I used to love KOTOR though, so I'm sad that series hasn't continued as a single player console game.

/ Hideo Kojima

Still wondering if this is what PT has now become in all but name. Wondering if the continued baby shots (and doll in this) are akin to the baby/foetus thing in the sink in PT

/ Hideo Kojima

Still wondering if this is what PT has now become in all but name. Wondering if the continued baby shots (and doll in this) are akin to the baby/foetus thing in the sink in PT

probably copying some motifs and ideas, PT relied on some (fairly) subtle horror. This game looks to have maybe some body horror elements but I can't see spooky corridors being involved.

also likely the game is going to carry a fairly obvious anti-oil message (just as MGS was fairly anti-nuke)

Edited by WeAreOceans

Guest bitroast

yaya

that tank definitely reminded me of Gyo again .. by Junji Ito .. who was on board working with Kojima for Silent Hills .. 

either he's still collaborating with them or the designs are carrying over .. or the influence ?? 

what i'm getting at .. this game definitely seems to be carrying over the work that started with Silent Hills in some form. 

c4de19ac336a8b050a5147e2b47fe790.jpg

I had completely forgotten Junji Ito was involved with PT... yeah, the parallels are kind of obvious with those weird vehicles and his obsession with body horror (and that weird walker thing in the picture).

Guest bitroast

Dear God, if you're listening.. please let Zelda Breath of the Wild run at a smooth constant 30fps while running on a docked Nintendo Switch while being displayed to a TV screen .. thank you ... 

6806148-young-boy-kneeling-before-his-be

supposedly marvel vs capcom 4 gonna be announced this weekend at psxperience o_O

death stranding looks interesting of course. can't wait to see what he does after mgs

and jesus christ i really hope that's bad capture of zelda because that looks like absolute ass

Guest bitroast

and jesus christ i really hope that's bad capture of zelda because that looks like absolute ass

it's absolutely 100% not bad capture. it's from official nintendo youtube @ 60fps. 

also, when wii u demo was doing the rounds at e3 and whatnot, everything was pretty framerates and journalists were commenting on it being pretty rough. also !! the nintendo switch console reveal video, with the snappy music and urban cool adults playing nba on their nintendo instead of playing basketball etcetcetc. showed bits of zelda, and even in that super manufactured promo video, the footage of zelda was running at a pretty dismal seemingly ~10fps. 

this games gonna have a low framerate it seems ... :^( 

it's also nintendo's first attempt at an open world game this scale. so it's not totally unfathomable. but it is gonna be disappointing to a lot of people i think :^( 

All of the Zelda demo footage shown so far is running on Wii U which is said to be struggling at its limits to run this game. The Switch version should be much smoother, plus hopefully no load times bc it uses flash cartridges.

Guest bitroast

!!! :^)

always loved the citadel

sci fi as fuck concept as well with the humens travelling around looking for new home 

This is the most cringeworthy shit I've ever watched. Nintendo was way ahead of the game when they decided to skip press conferences and simply release videos where they announce new stuff.