IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

nah. they announced ahead of time it wouldn't make the show. also surprised at no ffvii remake news but i guess it's probably another 10 years off anyways.

but wipeout collection + mvc3 + mvc4(infinite) look fun

will probably play last of us at some point ;O

Edited by juiceciuj

Guest bitroast

bit sad on wipeout.

it's 2048 + hd + fury. hd + fury already existed on ps3 and are well worth checking.

i thought 2048 on vita is a bit shitty though. there's something about the visual language and high visual clutter that makes that game hard to play, plus the steering felt 'wrong', plus the way the main game paces itself back and forth between races and special challenges was boring (just give me bog standard racing!!).

hoping some of my nitpicks are addressed and ironed out in ps4 version. will probably buy it anyway lol

the worst part about 2048 was the shit frame rate and absurd load times. i actually enjoyed the "campaign" elements of hd->2048. zone was always so beautiful. hopefully they never go back to including dr pepper ads during load screens -_-

Guest bitroast

bit sad on wipeout.

just to further iterate. worth remembering that wipeout hd in itself was a collection of tracks between wipeout pure and pulse on the psp. wipeout pure was 2005.. so this collection dates back to 2005, through to the vita game which was released 2012. i've played all these games and i'm half guessing alot of the target demographic behind a new wipeout game is people who have already played these games before ?? i dunno. whatever. as i said, i'll definitely be buying it anyway out of interest (the vita game on big screen tv could really help with the visual clutter complaint). 

anyhow. while companies that own the wipeout franchise aren't putting out new wipeout content, it's also worth remembering that original wipeout devs kickstarted and and still doing own new thing, formula fusion, which is still coming out 2017 for ps4 and pc and xbox. 

mmm. ps4 with wipeout omega + formula fusion on it. pretty nice thing to think about :^)

Guest bitroast

the worst part about 2048 was the shit frame rate and absurd load times. i actually enjoyed the "campaign" elements of hd->2048. zone was always so beautiful. hopefully they never go back to including dr pepper ads during load screens -_-

i really wish the new wipeout games dropped the mixed content campaign in favour of a more traditional tournament mode campaigns. all i want out of wipeout games is a tournament of 4 tracks, and to try and get first place in the tournament, and progressively unlock more tracks and more tournaments and just slowly chisel away and get gold on everything. and maybe play some Zone on the side cos Zone is indeed fucking cool.

but i hate the way there's no set tournament mode, and its instead this mixed bag Campaign of needing to play a couple single races, a tournament, a zone, an eliminator mode ?? some other bullshit here and there, before being able to unlock more tracks and tournaments. just give me racing !!! gahhh

i guess some people enjoy the mixed bag. but i don't !! is annoying. cos i love wipeout otherwise. 

Edited by bitroast

anyone half good at Civ 6 yet? wishing the massive amount of information available in cities was more user-friendly. it feels like work to look at the policy cards too, scanning 35 cards for that one you kinda remember that maybe could be useful is one of the few backwards steps. otherwise fun stuff.

Guest bitroast

touche. was 3 your fave? expanding and filling that grid with gold was pretty fucking satisfying.

...and insanely difficult...

i like 3. i think 2097 is just my favourite on account of having played it more but having some inexplicable preference to it (familiarity?), but i like 3. 

i also really like HD and fury. those original psp games were great but the way it all comes together and looks and feels and plays as a complete package in HD is just too good. i guess realistically, if i wanna play just normal racing in HD/Fury, i can just fire it up and make my own tournament and play that. but my save file is still unfinished with gold medals missing across the board and thats where my mixed bag campaign complaint comes into play. i just can't be bothered finishing it off despite really wanting to finish the game and clear off  the gold medals. 

oh well. play what u enjoy i guess :^)

Edited by bitroast

Loved Wipeout Fusion on the PS2, loved how the vehicles were genuinely different.

I kinda want to get Redout, because that's meant to be very similar to Wipeout (although not quite as good). But I need my hovercar racing fix!

gonna give Let It Die a go tonight... sounds like it has some interesting Dark Souls esque mechanics... I haven't played any Grasshopper games before so I don't have any reference to the type of combat they have

I'm still totally confused about the f2p thing though, I haven't heard anything about how they monetise it. I'm just hoping there's no pay2win nonsense.

8hrs into ff15 and can honestly say it's great so far.

My biggest peeve right now is that treasure spots regenerate so the OCD in me doesn't know if I've collected that treasure or not... so that's not too bad.

Battle mechanics are solid, difficulty is just right. Lots to do (side quests, hunts, etc).

i don't like the combat in 15 at all. about 11 hours in. it's just not clicking for me. my "finesse" score is always a d (guess that says more about me than the game?). alot of the stuff just feels really cumbersome. the magic system, the leveling system, ascension, etc. etc. 

but more than that it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere/do anything. crazy long load times. 

it's tolerable though. i plan on sticking it out. i did my first "dungeon" i think and it was actually pretty cool.

anyways totally forgot i preordered last guardian and it'll be here tomorrow ;O

gonna give Let It Die a go tonight... sounds like it has some interesting Dark Souls esque mechanics... I haven't played any Grasshopper games before so I don't have any reference to the type of combat they have

I'm still totally confused about the f2p thing though, I haven't heard anything about how they monetise it. I'm just hoping there's no pay2win nonsense.

Oh poop, another reason to get a PS4. Come back and let me know how good it is, please? Big Suda fan, I am.

i don't like the combat in 15 at all. about 11 hours in. it's just not clicking for me. my "finesse" score is always a d (guess that says more about me than the game?). alot of the stuff just feels really cumbersome. the magic system, the leveling system, ascension, etc. etc. 

but more than that it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere/do anything. crazy long load times. 

it's tolerable though. i plan on sticking it out. i did my first "dungeon" i think and it was actually pretty cool.

Finesse is based on your dodging/parrying and link/break attacks. For higher finesse try and get behind the enemy and use your techniques (the ones that use the green bar) as much as possible. If you didn't know that anyways.

The leveling/ascension is nothing new really. Isn't it more or less the same thing they had in FF10 with "the grid"?

Anyway, different strokes/different folks. I can really tell the battle director for Kingdom Hearts was involved. Overall the battle is kinda a hybrid between FF12 and Kingdom Hearts.

Finesse is based on your dodging/parrying and link/break attacks. For higher finesse try and get behind the enemy and use your techniques (the ones that use the green bar) as much as possible. If you didn't know that anyways.

The leveling/ascension is nothing new really. Isn't it more or less the same thing they had in FF10 with "the grid"?

Anyway, different strokes/different folks. I can really tell the battle director for Kingdom Hearts was involved. Overall the battle is kinda a hybrid between FF12 and Kingdom Hearts.

never played xii (i mean i played for like 20 minutes and was like "nah" or kh so i guess this is all new to me.

re: leveling i just mean having to sleep to get your levels. i had pooled a bunch of xp and was waiting to get to a nice bed to get an xp bonus but instead i completed the chapter and it just gave me the standard 1x exp -_-

i ended up having to turn the english dub on because there was so much ambient dialog that you couldn't possibly keep up with the action and subtitles (or i couldn't but i dropped out of highschool)

i'm enjoying it enough though. wish you could could toggle indicators for all the side quests to show up. didn't realize how often. 

^ yeah actually I don't really like the sleep thing for your levels either. Not sure what they were attempting to accomplish there compared to just giving you experience immediately after the battle or quest (sans multiplier). RE the sidequests, you can toggle an indicator for them but only one at a time. I guess you're right it would be nice to be able to turn them all active on your map. Hmm...

12 was really good IMO! I think you missed out. :catsuicide: 

but yeah not a perfect game, far from the disappointment it could have been though. :rolleyes: 

Hideo Kojima presents Norman Reedus .. Guillermo del Toro .. Mads Mikkelsen .. starring in a Hideo Kojima .. directed by Hideo Kojima

/ Hideo Kojima

I still don't get exactly what this game is after watching both trailers... However with all those names involved (and Junji Ito perhaps still having an influence on creature design), I'm fucking sold, whatever it is. It would appear some elements of what would have been Silent Hills will carry over, but I'm guessing this will be a bit more action-oriented than pure survival-horror. 

I REALLY want Mass Effect: Andromeda to be good, I loved the first 3,  and so far from what we've been shown this one looks to be good as well. However, I can't help but be a little hesitant about it with how much I hated Dragon Age: Inquisition which is BioWare's most recent game. I was skipping sidequests by the end just to get through it and be done playing it, the ending wasn't even worth it either.

Edited by ghOsty

Alien: Isolation is fucking great. the A E S T H E T I C S.

I ran facefirst into a xeno at 3am this morning because I stumbled into a box on the far side of a big empty lobby away from it. first real scare I've had in a game in a long time.

Guest bitroast

Hideo Kojima presents Norman Reedus .. Guillermo del Toro .. Mads Mikkelsen .. starring in a Hideo Kojima .. directed by Hideo Kojima

/ Hideo Kojima

I still don't get exactly what this game is after watching both trailers... However with all those names involved (and Junji Ito perhaps still having an influence on creature design), I'm fucking sold, whatever it is. It would appear some elements of what would have been Silent Hills will carry over, but I'm guessing this will be a bit more action-oriented than pure survival-horror. 

there's absolutely no way at this point to know what the game will be. the trailers are all hype building and smokes+n+mirrors. 

there has been the bit of news recently that the game is being developed on the Guerrilla Games' Decima engine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decima_(game_engine)

not much to gauge from that. i am starting to think it's likely this will be a ps4 exclusive at this point .. maybe.