IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

The majority of the time I play mobile games is on the underground - So if no offline play then it's not an option for me ...

it sounds like it eats up a lot of data as well:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/270089-rumor-super-mario-run-will-require-75-megabytes-of-data-per-ho

It sounds like Super Mario Run needs a constant internet connection to function, wtf is the point of a single player mobile game you can't play while flying and traveling? I'm hoping there's a slim chance it will still work.

That was their typical backwards Nintendo way to combat piracy.... smh

It sounds like Super Mario Run needs a constant internet connection to function, wtf is the point of a single player mobile game you can't play while flying and traveling? I'm hoping there's a slim chance it will still work.

But, isn't piracy bad?

So the last guardian came out and didnt even realise? Anyone played it?

been on the fence, apparently it's quite the time capsule - dodgy graphics and awful controls (much like Ico and SotC) mar it. I'll probably wait for a sale or summit.

Guest bitroast

i'm just kind of disenfranchised at the whole situation .. being a big fan of the ps2 games when they came out .. of the third game being in development for however many years, during the entire ps3 generation it seems ?? buying a ps4 when it came out and being a good little sony faithful :^) and having last guardian come out and run at ~10-30 unstable FPS apparently ??? but run at stable 30 FPS on the newly released PS4 Pro ???

it's like ??? faark. ??? wtf. that's so crazy and wild to me ???

i'm definitely waiting for the price to drop. i wanna get behind the game and check it out .. support it :^) ... but man. that shit's holding me back for now. hopefully it'll get patched and improved or something in the mean time. 

i had it preordered for about $40 w/some coupons. but i was gifted a copy of xv right before it came out so i'm gonna finish that first. hopefully a patch will come out for ps4pleb that will make the frame rate not suck ass in the meantime. i'll probably put mario run boy on my wife's ipad and play it over wifi. not gonna bother junking my phone up with it

But, isn't piracy bad?

Yes, piracy is bad - but restrictive, crippling DRM that hurts legitimate buyers more than the pirates is worse IMO.

But, isn't piracy bad?

Yes, piracy is bad - but restrictive, crippling DRM that hurts legitimate buyers more than the pirates is worse IMO.

DRM is either

1. Unobtrusive to legitimate customers but, by proxy of this, useless at being effective.

or

2. Incredibly restrictive and crippling, and by proxy of this is more successful at its purpose.

Can't really have it both ways.

Guest bitroast

trying super mario run on iphone. got a unable to connect message while on toilet cos wifi connection dropped.

later tried to purchase the full game (more out of curious obligation over actually enjoying and wanting more). got a message saying couldn't connect so i hit Next, got another error message but in different wording, hit Next, got a confirmation message saying purchase successful, hit Next. returned back to game and didn't have the purchase stuff unlocked, so that obviously didn't go through.

but i'm kind of glad? playing it some more and i'm just finding it boring? it's like the simplest little thing of removing control from the player but under a mario guise, makes it boring? also it seems slow? maybe it's just a psychological thing of.. in traditional mario games, you walk if you press left or right but actively have to press and hold a button to make the little dude run. and the contrast makes running seem fast? mario run in comparision just seems slow and unfulfilling.

i wasn't exactly expecting anything special beyond checking it out out of curiosity (probably how i'll approach seeing Rogue one when i finally do) but eh?? don't think this game is for me.

back to desert golf as go-to wanting to kill ~2 minutes with phone in hand nothing gaming :^)

Guest bitroast

for people who have been nerding out and keeping up to date with mario titles, + already own handheld consoles like the 3ds (case in point, me and rubin farr^ up here). super mario run provides v little but mid-paced borderline slow distraction. 

Mario 3D land is wicked. need to get my copy back from friend lent it to. need to get a good handful of games back come think of it. frikkin leeches i tell you what. :^)

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

trying super mario run on iphone. got a unable to connect message while on toilet cos wifi connection dropped.

later tried to purchase the full game (more out of curious obligation over actually enjoying and wanting more). got a message saying couldn't connect so i hit Next, got another error message but in different wording, hit Next, got a confirmation message saying purchase successful, hit Next. returned back to game and didn't have the purchase stuff unlocked, so that obviously didn't go through.

but i'm kind of glad? playing it some more and i'm just finding it boring? it's like the simplest little thing of removing control from the player but under a mario guise, makes it boring? also it seems slow? maybe it's just a psychological thing of.. in traditional mario games, you walk if you press left or right but actively have to press and hold a button to make the little dude run. and the contrast makes running seem fast? mario run in comparision just seems slow and unfulfilling.

i wasn't exactly expecting anything special beyond checking it out out of curiosity (probably how i'll approach seeing Rogue one when i finally do) but eh?? don't think this game is for me.

back to desert golf as go-to wanting to kill ~2 minutes with phone in hand nothing gaming :^)

lol.

got email receipt from apple for the purchase. went back to mario run and went to purchase page again. gave me message saying the action didn't complete first time round and it will take me back to previous screen? and boom ! all the levels unlocked. 

ok. cool. back on track. 

new Switch patents have surfaced, showing the unit may support VR in some way, or they at least considered it. No stylus slot suggests multi-touch screen. USB-C charging and Micro SD support confirmed, the joy-con controller can be used in yet another configuration not previously shown, and contains an IR blaster.

445592D6-6D96-45C1-9880-5CF7F1550063_zps

ADF7BE08-4958-4E33-91DC-77AF630567B4_zps

3C88DB05-48EF-41E3-8FB5-B3CE80C69CCF_zps

this super mario game doesn't feel like a mario game very much tbh.. dunno something is off, music isn't right and the graphics aren't very clean, it just looks/feels like a run of the mill mobile game. Played only the demo levels and not sure if worth unlocking the rest.

Edited by Guest