IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

ok. the game actually shows hints of actually being fun if you change your goal from beating the level to actually getting all the coloured coins. 

don't hate it. still pretty boring tho. 

this super mario game doesn't feel like a mario game very much tbh.. dunno something is off, music isn't right and the graphics aren't very clean, it just looks/feels like a run of the mill mobile game. Played only the demo levels and not sure if worth unlocking the rest.

I have been playing the 3 free levels over and over again. Haven't purchased it yet (I've spent a ton of money this week and really can't justify paying $10 for a game like this right now). I think it's okay, but I really hate not being able to control Mario. Not being able to speed up or control your jumps in midair or TURN AROUND really throws me off because it's completely the opposite of what the Mario spirit is. That being said, it's the best mobile game I've ever played (I don't like mobile games at all).

The bubbles can be used to go back for a missed coin, but each one uses up an extra life.

Yeah, but I mean actually turning and running the other way..... The fact that you have zero control over which direction he moves in is probably the biggest problem I have with the game so far.

finished Alien: Isolation. 71 hrs on a single first playthrough! longest ever. great game, loved it in spite of the length and the kind of repetitive gameplay. the ending was a bit of a downer, but I guess that's Alien.

edit: one of my favourite moments was using a noisemaker to gather a group of 5 Seegson guards and then managing to take them all out with a single pipe bomb. I lol'd.

Edited by usagi

this super mario game doesn't feel like a mario game very much tbh.. dunno something is off, music isn't right and the graphics aren't very clean, it just looks/feels like a run of the mill mobile game. Played only the demo levels and not sure if worth unlocking the rest.

I have been playing the 3 free levels over and over again. Haven't purchased it yet (I've spent a ton of money this week and really can't justify paying $10 for a game like this right now). I think it's okay, but I really hate not being able to control Mario. Not being able to speed up or control your jumps in midair or TURN AROUND really throws me off because it's completely the opposite of what the Mario spirit is. That being said, it's the best mobile game I've ever played (I don't like mobile games at all).

Rayman Adventures is much better.

I played Rayman Jungle Run, and it was fun, but I got bored with it for the same reasons that I was frustrated with Mario Run. I just don't like mobile games.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Getting a playstation 4 for Christmas helped make up for getting a stomach bug and spending most of it on the can. What games are good? 

The Witness

Thanks, looks cool athough potentially like Myst, which I am ashamed to say I never had the patience to play. 

Getting a playstation 4 for Christmas helped make up for getting a stomach bug and spending most of it on the can. What games are good? 

Bloodborne

The Last of Us

The Witness

Thanks, looks cool athough potentially like Myst, which I am ashamed to say I never had the patience to play. 

So, I've never been a big fan of the Myst/Riven series because I get too frustrated not knowing exactly what causes what to happen. It's all a bunch of "pull this lever and see if you can figure out what happened because fuck if I know". There's no easy way to sell The Witness because you're basically solving the same puzzle 600-700 times. But the game is absolutely brilliant. It is so well thought out and must have been play tested to death because the way it slowly unravels the puzzles and explains the puzzles without ever saying a word is amazing. It is without a doubt on my Top 5 of 2016.

Guest bitroast

end of year is a good time to look at all the end of year lists and go 'oh fuck i totally wanna play this game thats appearing on everybodys end of year lists'. 

picked up Thumper and Uncharted 4 recently. 

Uncharted 4 is so good. was skeptical and bored at first during first couple chapters but once the momentum starts picking up and the foundations have been laid out for the story to get going ... ohhh boy this is some 10/10 shit so far. the graphics are probably the first thing worth mentioning. SO GOOD. + the pacing of action shooty moments versus slower moments is a lot better this time around. always loved Uncharted/The Last of Us but found the actual gameplay pretty boring, so i think they're doing some pretty clever things here improving the pacing pretty perfectly it seems (ignoring the slow introduction to the game). 

also, THUMPER. it's pretty much like someone was looking at the draft7.30 CD cardboard cards, or was playing alot of audiosurf with Autechre music playing and figured ' this should be a game '. bit bland imo in regards to the gameplay. it feels demanding but it's so super generous with the number of buttons you actually need to press + super generous checkpoints. but it's more about the visuals and the music and how the overall package creates this crazy psychedelic mood that just fees like some hardcore trippy nightmare. 

i've finally gotten into a bit of overwatch. it's kind of fun but i'm still not that great at it. other than that i'm like ~25 hours into ffxv. some things i like about it a good bit and others i really hate. at this point i'm too invested in it not to finish the main story but good lord the load times/travel distances make it such a slog

Been playing the reboot of Ratchet and Clank, picked it up for cheap over Black Friday... Great game, nothing too difficult just good fun, and a light sense of humor.