IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Speaking of fallout, I finally finished New Vegas. Good game. I gave the NCR the boot, free Vegas all the way baby. Ending felt anticlimactic and it's a shame they don't let you keep playing when the main plot is done, but I'm pretty sure I hit most of the side quests. That Explorer perk really helps.

Also finished Life is Strange after ignoring it for over a year. So many feels.

ALSO! The Mad Max game is damn good fun. Repetitive, but I loved every minute of it. Recommended.

Edited by luke viia

Played & finished Kane & Lynch 2 with a buddy, was fun and enjoyably nihilistic / pointless plotwise. Now we're digging into Borderlands 2, this being my third time restarting from the beginning. But it's so fun I do not mind at all.

Also so many games bought in the Xmas sales on Steam. Now to find time to play the things.

^ Bech, BL2 is one of the only games (ever) that I can just play over and over again. It's a ton of fun, I think I've finished it 3 or 4 times.

I can't wait for BL3 someday =O

Played & finished Kane & Lynch 2 with a buddy, was fun and enjoyably nihilistic / pointless plotwise. Now we're digging into Borderlands 2, this being my third time restarting from the beginning. But it's so fun I do not mind at all.

Also so many games bought in the Xmas sales on Steam. Now to find time to play the things.

bah, nearing the end of my first playthrough of BL2, probably won't finish it, just feels like work imo

I've been really reasonable during those Steam sales, caved in yesterday and bought Axiom Verge, not found of the art direction from the screenshots/videos I've seen but maybe it will "click" when I will play.

Also nearing the 300 hours mark on BoI Afterbirth...Really hyped for the new DLC to come out, trying hard to unlock the Lost and Keeper achievements but god damn is it hard.

the Fallout series has some of the greatest lore ever devised for a game universe. I haven't gotten tired of it in all the years I've been playing the games.

edit: also it only just struck me how much this track off the FO1/2/NV soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I29bgJLxm8M

sounds like Grass from SAW1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBU3uAzRejs

it's practically a tweaked version of Grass.

Edited by usagi

Still bouncing back between Fallout 4 on PC and Fallout Shelter on Android. Underrail though seems to greatly resemble the first two Fallouts. Bought it over a year ago and still haven't played it yet. lol

Looks like for 2017 we'll finally get Routine in March. And Night Dive Studios' remaster of the first System Shock at the end of the year. And hopefully Star Citizen, which I hear has been in development since 2008.

new binding of isaac just dropped. first thing i did was take a pill called 'im excited'' which sped up enemies a shittonne and i got wiped out on the first floor. off to a good start.

The mrs got me a ps4 for krimbo, god bless her

Been playing Ratchet & Clank, always good fun. Gonna pick up TLOU and Uncharted 4 on my next trip into town. Any other PS exclusive recommendations?

You can find the Uncharted Collection for around $20 if you've never played the first three. 

Crosscode is a hidden gem I discovered browsing Steam. Lots of love and detail was put into it. It's a mix of Link to the Past and Chronotrigger but still very much it's own thing. It's early access, but doesn't feel incomplete other than they are still building the main story.

Picked up Doom in the Steam sale

How in the fuck did it take me so long to play this? Excellent game. Everything a modern Doom needs to be. It even tickles my grimdark lore guilty pleasure.

so yeah... while there's lots of stuff i didn't really like about ffxv i did beat the main story over the weekend... and then i went back to start doing the side quests... and i'm not really sure why. it's not a very good game by many measures and yet it beckons me to 100% it. 

pros:

• massive beautiful open world
  • lots of sidequests/content
  • good ost plus tons of hours of prior ff music you can listen to
  • english voice acting isn't actually that horrible (except cindy)

cons:

• really loooong load times
  • other things that take too long (getting in and out of the car, interactions w/npcs regarding quests, poorly designed environmental interactions)
  • combat sucks. bad
  • plot is very thin and all the "twists" in the second half are really poorly explained
  • frame rate sucks (on standard ps4)
  • combat is bad
  • the world is so big that really basic quests take forever to transport to or end up being several instances of "fast travel" which ends up being 3-4 minutes of loading screens
  • the combat sucks

so yeah. i dunno. i kinda just want to be done with it so i can start last guardian but on the other hand i keep going back to those goddamned sidequests... (there's so many sidequests...). luckily my wife is really into completing the most boring part of the game for me. the fishing side quests. apparently there are a couple of fish that take somewhere between 15-30 minutes to reel in. 

believe my completion time is actually far less but it runs the clock even when it's paused. still can't wait to get this bad boy framed.

tumblr_oj9hnmTBTe1sne56no1_1280.jpg

Been playing Ratchet & Clank, always good fun. Gonna pick up TLOU and Uncharted 4 on my next trip into town. Any other PS exclusive recommendations?

You can find the Uncharted Collection for around $20 if you've never played the first three. 

Still got the originals. Loved em, and I'm sure the remasters look great, but I think I'll pass

I just finished the main story of Dragon Quest 7 at about 75 hours, people weren't lying that this game is long. Now I have really hard bonus dungeons to do, let the grind fest begin! :catcry:

I just finished "Hyper Light Drifter" and i really adored it. Challenging but not overwhelming, and just stunning. The music and visuals all strike a deep chord with me. The story of it's production is interesting too. I couldn't recommend this game more!
Next up for me is the Last Guardian. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all time favorites. That fact, combined with general opinion and just finishing another game i hold in similar regard, i can't imagine i won't be underwhelmed.

bloodborne has got to be pretty cheap nowadays,best ps4 game 

It was available for 10 USD over the holidays

If you like shmups and a modern take on Defender, Resogun is probably one of the best on PS4. Still playing it constantly after 3+ years (was a PS4 launch title).

I just finished "Hyper Light Drifter" and i really adored it. Challenging but not overwhelming, and just stunning. The music and visuals all strike a deep chord with me. The story of it's production is interesting too. I couldn't recommend this game more!

Next up for me is the Last Guardian. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all time favorites. That fact, combined with general opinion and just finishing another game i hold in similar regard, i can't imagine i won't be underwhelmed.

I've wanted to pick up the Last Guardian but I have a huge backlog. You're lucky you waited because I read that they just released a patch that fixes the camera and framerate issues

I've wanted to pick up the Last Guardian but I have a huge backlog. You're lucky you waited because I read that they just released a patch that fixes the camera and framerate issues

oh shit i didn't know that. i had heard the framerate on standard ps4 was really bad.

If you like shmups and a modern take on Defender, Resogun is probably one of the best on PS4. Still playing it constantly after 3+ years (was a PS4 launch title).

Kinda reminds me of Super Stardust on the PS3. Looks great, cheers