IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Got my copy of Infinite Warfare and godddamit COD4 doesn't even come on a disc, it's a 56gb download. Thanks EA.

...pssssst, it's Activision ;)

Also, was it the latest COD that launched with a 20gb day one update?

Yeah it was. Activision also made some unhappy customers when an update gave everyone errors that prevented them from playing.. for days! ("ERROR CODE: POLOMA")

I really love Infinite Warfare in general, though. Some fantastic art, really tight mechanics, great maps and weapons. I just find COD in general unsatisfying to play for too long. I have to limit myself to short spurts or I get stuck in the "one more game" loop and next thing you know I haven't left the house in 3 days.

Been playing Invisible Inc. on iPad - pretty good, a wee bit cluttered (isometric games can be hard to read sometimes), but some great mechanics and fun bits for sure.  Anyone played it?

Nintendo is finally going to provide all the deets on the Switch on the 12th and 13th this week...

Also, someone's figured out how to add up to 90 games on a NES Mini Classic console...

beat the diablo 3 20 year anniversary darkening of tristram thing with my wife over the weekend. had never even bothered to try adventure mode but it was pretty fun starting a new character and clearing the dungeon/hearing the old tunes. 

Beat Titanfall 2 on Master over the weekend... that fucking battle against Viper was a real bitch, still loving the multiplayer. Fucking great game.
Also beat Ratchet & Clank over the weekend, fun game and the added nostalgia was nice.

Really looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn next month.

beat the diablo 3 20 year anniversary darkening of tristram thing with my wife over the weekend. had never even bothered to try adventure mode but it was pretty fun starting a new character and clearing the dungeon/hearing the old tunes. 

My son's been doing that as well with friends... the way the cow familiar walks just cracks me up...

so i'm thinking about pre-ordering the Switch. i've never pre-ordered before, do you pay the whole amount upfront> ? or half, ?

in North America usually just a deposit, unless it's online like Amazon , then they won't charge you til it ships. It sounds like supply will be extremely constrained, GameStop and Nintendo World are accepting in-store reservations only at this point, tomorrow morning at opening. I'll have to hope for an online pre-order myself.

even with the patch the framerate for the last guardian on og ps4 is really shitty when your in exterior environments. it's not that great when you're in interiors either. playable though but sometimes only barely.

shame too. hope this isn't indicative of how things will be going forward where you really get a much shittier experience on ogps4 over ps4pro.

bought a 2tb sshd to upgrade my ps4 w/for $99. looking forward to hours of dls/updates =\

even with the patch the framerate for the last guardian on og ps4 is really shitty when your in exterior environments. it's not that great when you're in interiors either. playable though but sometimes only barely.

shame too. hope this isn't indicative of how things will be going forward where you really get a much shittier experience on ogps4 over ps4pro.

bought a 2tb sshd to upgrade my ps4 w/for $99. looking forward to hours of dls/updates =\

Which drive, and where (link plz)?

it probably would've been an amazing ps2 game

is it not good? Looks quite fantastic to me. Haven't played. But certainly one of the few games which kinda make me want a PS4 (and a screen...)

Which drive, and where (link plz)?

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FireCuda-2-5-Inch-Notebooks-ST2000LX001/dp/B01M1NHCZT/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1484246651&sr=1-2&keywords=firecuda (was $99 a few days ago)

it probably would've been an amazing ps2 game

is it not good? Looks quite fantastic to me. Haven't played. But certainly one of the few games which kinda make me want a PS4 (and a screen...)

i think it's very good looking (even though it is quite dated and doesn't at all test the limits of the ps4). the feel of the camera and movement, some of the animation feels similarly dated but that's a given seeing as how it's been in the works for almost 10 years. supposedly the lame framerate is due to it mainly being programmed as a ps3 (unique architecture, notoriously hard to program for) and not being very well optimized for ps4. apparently ps4pro is able to brute force it a good bit and get a more consistent (although still underwhelming) framerate. 

Got my copy of Infinite Warfare and godddamit COD4 doesn't even come on a disc, it's a 56gb download. Thanks EA.

i'm tempted to get this as well for ~$40 for both games to play w/my bud who pretty much exclusively plays cod. the beta for iw was actually pretty fun and i've never played mw1

i upgraded my ps3 with a seagate sshd in march 2014 and haven't had any issues. def saw speed increases in loading too. thought back then it was $75 for 500 gigs...

but i don't think i ever filled it up either (i think it was upgrading a 250 gig slim?)

the new one was supposed to arrive tonite but looks like it'll be tomorrow instead...

re: nintendo switch presser... ooooooooooh man the guys doing the translating (god bless them) seem like college djs and sound like they just woke up.

but honestly this thing looks dope asf as far as i can see.

re: nintendo switch presser... ooooooooooh man the guys doing the translating (god bless them) seem like college djs and sound like they just woke up.

but honestly this thing looks dope asf as far as i can see.

that ARMS game with the joycon controls looks tight, lots of good games. zelda looks so badass. 

They actually had the balls to say 2 1/2 hour battery life minimum, looks like that 20,000 mAh battery I have will come in handy for travel. Hopefully, a plethora of battery packs will surface for Switch. And Zelda at launch sealed the deal for me.

definitely not gonna fight the crowds to get it at launch but i'll probably end up w/one in 2017. i definitely prefer the ergonomics of having completely separate rhand lhand controllers (assuming they fit the size of your hand) so you don't have to roll your shoulders all the way forward like you do doing every other fucking thing you do in modern life. the splitting of the controllers for multiplayer games is dope. and just bringing the screen+controller to a friend's house for a new kind of "local" multiplayer (wifi party?) seems pretty rad too.

they did a fantastic job with that last zelda trailer tho.

but i'm already reading people shitting on it. their launch lineup looks paper thin outside of zelda (but they know that's enough to sell them out). i imagine this'll end up as another first party only system for me. 3rd party stuff on ps4/pc

I'm betting that games like 1, 2 Switch and others will be download only titles, and several unannounced games will surface at launch, possible Mother 3, etc. (I'd love a Wii Sports repack) Mario Odyssey looks really cool, the hat mechanic could add a lot, and the trippy visuals are always welcome. The red / blue joy con package seems a little wonky to me, and will probly be the lower selling config at launch, the rumored orange / blue Splatoon controllers would have been more aesthetically pleasing IMO, and we still may get those when Splatoon 2 launches this Summer. Overall, a good presentation but yeah that translator was drunk.

Guest bitroast

definitely not gonna fight the crowds to get it at launch but i'll probably end up w/one in 2017. 

kind of agreeing with this. the games showed in this conference did nothing but dampen my enthusiasm for the system. 

but i'll probably still get one eventually to play my nintendo titles (the mario, zelda, etc.etc.etc).

it's funny them going from the first Switch reveal, which was marketed very specifically at adults and had no visible kids and seemed like a no direction for nintendo? to this conference which was largely BAU for nintendo, showing off whatever motion controlled style content i couldnt particularly care for and making the switch look like the Wii 3. 

still though. i think im happy to waste my money on this garbage.. for some reason. :^) !!

You can disable the console remotely from you cell phone with a new Parental Controls app, meant to keep watch on your kids, but will be wide open for abuse, i.e. keep others from playing your console while you're gone, or over writing your game save. Interested to see the full smart device integration for My Nintendo, social media, friends list functions, etc.