IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

The only game there of moderate excitement to me is the No More Heroes title. Can't exactly say I'm excited at the thought of buying a console for one game.

One more round of an unsuccessful console and Nintendo will be forced to start selling its software via other means. If you all band together, you can do this. You'll be able to play the new Zelda on a PS4 one day, if you all just choose not to support their ridiculous consoles. I believe in you, Nintendo fans. Make this the day you put your foot down and cancel your preorder. You hold the keys to the future.

This, Nintendo has been rubbish for ages. 

Thing is, I don't really want a PS4 either. Why not just make the Nintendo shop stretch onto the ole interweb and let me play it on my PC? I'll gladly buy it for the PC if they did!

Eventually, I'm sure it will. But Nintendo has for years been very worried about piracy, so I doubt they'd jump to an 'open' ecosystem like PC any time soon. They're just now dipping their toes in the waters with Mario Go on iOS (I'm sure Apple touted how secure their gaming platform was, and you did hear about how the game has to always be connected online, because of piracy concerns? yeah.), and eventually Android, they'll try and stay in 'secure' ecosystems where they can charge ridiculous amounts of money for their aging/near-worthless IPs. The whole thing about their incoming online service being paid, and to seem competitive they're giving subscribers a free game to play each month...but only to play during that month, unlike of course PS and XBox. We're talking Nintendo games, 30 years old. They're all about making every last cent off of every ounce of nostalgia and return on their marketing dollars spent on the new generation. And its working, cause tons of Zelda fans are gonna spend around $400 ($300, +$60 game, + various accessories just to make the console not a fucking hassle to use as its intended) just to play that one game.

I ain't knocking you if you do, though. If it's worth it to you and you've got the cash to spend, go for it. Maybe it'll turn out to be a great console, who knows. Original Wii looked ridiculous at first, but it turned out to be decent. I sure bought a PS4 when Bloodborne came out, played nothing but it for months. Each to their own, I just want to be able to play Super Mario 3 on my Playstation god damn it.

The only game there of moderate excitement to me is the No More Heroes title. Can't exactly say I'm excited at the thought of buying a console for one game.

One more round of an unsuccessful console and Nintendo will be forced to start selling its software via other means. If you all band together, you can do this. You'll be able to play the new Zelda on a PS4 one day, if you all just choose not to support their ridiculous consoles. I believe in you, Nintendo fans. Make this the day you put your foot down and cancel your preorder. You hold the keys to the future.

This, Nintendo has been rubbish for ages. 

Thing is, I don't really want a PS4 either. Why not just make the Nintendo shop stretch onto the ole interweb and let me play it on my PC? I'll gladly buy it for the PC if they did!

Eventually, I'm sure it will. But Nintendo has for years been very worried about piracy, so I doubt they'd jump to an 'open' ecosystem like PC any time soon. They're just now dipping their toes in the waters with Mario Go on iOS (I'm sure Apple touted how secure their gaming platform was, and you did hear about how the game has to always be connected online, because of piracy concerns? yeah.), and eventually Android, they'll try and stay in 'secure' ecosystems where they can charge ridiculous amounts of money for their aging/near-worthless IPs. The whole thing about their incoming online service being paid, and to seem competitive they're giving subscribers a free game to play each month...but only to play during that month, unlike of course PS and XBox. We're talking Nintendo games, 30 years old. They're all about making every last cent off of every ounce of nostalgia and return on their marketing dollars spent on the new generation. And its working, cause tons of Zelda fans are gonna spend around $400 ($300, +$60 game, + various accessories just to make the console not a fucking hassle to use as its intended) just to play that one game.

I ain't knocking you if you do, though. If it's worth it to you and you've got the cash to spend, go for it. Maybe it'll turn out to be a great console, who knows. Original Wii looked ridiculous at first, but it turned out to be decent. I sure bought a PS4 when Bloodborne came out, played nothing but it for months. Each to their own, I just want to be able to play Super Mario 3 on my Playstation god damn it.

I don't want a Switch either was my point, esp. if for just one game and likely not many more down the line. By which I mean if there's only one game I want, I doubt I will buy it. For the PS4, would really like to play Ratchet & Clank + Let it Die but I ain't buying a console for two games.

I don't want a Switch either was my point, esp. if for just one game and likely not many more down the line. By which I mean if there's only one game I want, I doubt I will buy it. For the PS4, would really like to play Ratchet & Clank + Let it Die but I ain't buying a console for two games.

Sorry was mostly just rambling, not directing specifically at you. Screw Nintendo until they get with the times is all I'm saying.

This looks like it will melt your brain

Weird, it looks like a mid 00s Newsground game that's been stuck onto a unnecessarily over rendered 3D world. Don't get me wrong, the premise actually looks real fun, but there seems to be a huge disparity between the two elements - Unless there's some sort of interaction between the worlds I'm not quite sure why they went into the effort of having the simple/clean looking 2d flash game in that animated 3d universe!

Nintendo was great back in the day, but now they're just recycling shit. DS Lite was the last Nintendo platform I bought, which was over a decade ago.

Time to diversify this thread again if you ask me.

Edited by ambermonk

Really looking forward to Farming Simulator (working title).

nintendo pls.

Edited by Gocab

thoroughly enjoying dishonoured 2, sometimes a great sequel is just making the same game again with completely new envirments and levels. the clockwork mansion was great fun, found so many weird throughroutes behind the mechanisms of the house.

I said to myself that if the reviews for Resident Evil 7 were positive I would buy PSVR. According to those who have played through the campaign both ways it's a night and day difference in terms of experience.

I said to myself that if the reviews for Resident Evil 7 were positive I would buy PSVR. According to those who have played through the campaign both ways it's a night and day difference in terms of experience.

I've checked the Steam user reviews and they look promising. Sounds like Capcom have gone back to the franchise's roots, but in the first-person perspective.

Don't think I've bought a new game in five months. But now I'm considering this one.

First footage of Switch's touch screen being used. Why they are not publicizing that is anyone's guess.

Because it's Nintendo and Nintendo have no idea what they're doing.

Hoping for a few more Wii U sales before saying 'btw, you can play Wii U games on the switch'

And by 'few' I do mean 'few', as in 'not many'