IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I haven't posted in a shit-ton-ago...mostly recently:

Beat the story for Mortal Kombat XL

Moved on to Dead Rising 4.  When they give me games like Skyrim, GTA 5, Fallout...I explore everything and it takes me a while to progress through the storyline...so in Dead Rising 4 I was saving people, exploring all the stores, collecting things.  I got up to a "boss fight" and encountered a glitch.  I cannot progress anymore.  I'm suppose to kill all enemies in that area and once that happens a door becomes active for me to open.  Nothing...the "boss" music keeps playing as if someone is alive.  I look around in any possible areas for 10 minutes..i fire my weapons everywhere...nothing.  I reload my checkpoint same thing.  I've tried this many ways and spent a lot of time.  Someone told me I had to delete the save game and start all over...so i said fuck it...i'm shelving this and coming back later.

Current game...Just started The Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition.

Resident Evil 7 was a 10/10 for me. It was a blast. It may be my favorite one, up there with 1 and 4.

Well.. the first 2/3rds is a 10/10, The last third is like.. an 8.5/10. 

Edited by Brisbot

Resident Evil 7 was a 10/10 for me. It was a blast. It may be my favorite one, up there with 1 and 4.

My question to you...I don't have a VR yet..I wanna get it for this game.  Thus, I won't read/watch any reviews, or see gameplay beyond what they showed in 2016's E3.  Would you suggest playing RE7 with VR or is TV just good enough?

just started playing Dishonored for the first time after buying it last night for 10 bucks off Steam. I don't know why I left it so long, I remember being hyped for it when I first saw trailers and stuff back in 2012. it's pretty fucking tight so far.

Any big Fire Emblem fans on here? Of the 4 newly announced games, FE Warriors on Switch interests me most, although I'll probly try the free mobile game next week. Supposedly a 1gb download.

the 3ds remake looks decent but i don't think i'll pick it up. i'm not really interested in Warriors either and definitely not interested in any mobile shit. the other Switch game interests me but there's no info on it yet. hopefully it doesn't take as long to release as SMTxFE did!

Picked up metal gear solid definitive edition on psn a while ago dirt cheap, having great fun with it though, think I might have leveled up too quickly as the only missions left are either stealth or 'extreme' versions of missions I've already finished. From the side-ops only the shooting range type on the home-base are left....maybe story progression is time based? Dunno what's holding up triggering the next mission?     

Playing Gorillas on Android. The original 1990 QBASIC gfx updated with modern smartphone controls, but still has the optional classic numerical Angle & Velocity input. Nothing like two stationary King Kongs hurling explosive bananas at each another. The new taunts are kind of annoying tho, wish there was a way to disable them.

Otherwise I'm playing Doom 2016 on the big flat screen TV with the USB controller when I'm not too fatigued, now that I've figured out the HDMI link to the laptop. It's crazy how smooth the framerate is.

My question to you...I don't have a VR yet..I wanna get it for this game.  Thus, I won't read/watch any reviews, or see gameplay beyond what they showed in 2016's E3.  Would you suggest playing RE7 with VR or is TV just good enough?

Oh, I just played it on my pc. I also have an oculus rift, and VR won't be available for it for another year.... because sony bought the rights I guess. It sucks, but that's ok, since it was super enjoyable without VR, and I'll be able to get even more play time out of it when VR becomes available.

Btw, play it on normal first. Then play it on madhouse. The modes are pretty different. It's more than just a difficulty increase. There are story elements changed around.

I'm only about a third thru madhouse. It's taking a good bit longer. It's like the difficulty went from normal to very hard. I'm also playing it from nothing vs bringing over my stuff from a previous playthrough. Cuz that's how I roll. I'm constantly planning my routes to the next objective thru the house, and trying to be as efficient as possible. There's some of that in normal, but it's more frantic on Madhouse.

Edited by Brisbot

Developer units for Switch have jet black joy-cons to identify them. I think we'll see more colors later on.

F60E35B2-0BAD-4D65-81DD-4D5A26A20925_zps

Wow, the Switch screen has a HUGE bezel! I'm surprised at that much wasted space, but I suppose it gave them more space for the innards.

The Animal Crossing mobile game for iOS/Android has been delayed to fiscal year 2018 (April 2017 - March 2018) :cry:

I just got PS VR yesterday and I love it. It's a huge difference from just playing it on TV and I would definitely recommend it. It would be wise to at least try VR before you buy it for a good 15 minutes just to see how you react to it. I haven't gotten sick at all but some people are pretty sensitive to it apparently. I haven't had a game scare the shit out of me like this, ever. The only downside to VR is it's slightly blurry and has a bit of a screen door effect but once you start playing you really won't notice. I played the beginning hour demo on my tv just for comparison and now I'm playing it in VR and I would never go back. With the headphones on you really do get lost inside the game. Another thing you'll appreciate waaaaay more in VR is the level design. Now you'll be able to actually move your head and peer into a microwave to inspect the dead crow that was stuffed inside it, And when you hear footsteps coming from the floor above you as dust falls from the ceiling it really makes you feel like you're almost really there. 

I'm still trying to beat the demo but I managed to secure a copy of RE7 today. Can't speak for the game itself yet but if the demo is of any indication how good it actually is this is going to be insane. I was a bit skeptical of VR at first but not any longer, if this isn't a legit game changer then I have no idea what actually could be.

These commercials just get stupider, I guess jacking off virtual cocks is a major component of this console?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1r369yv2Uk

Fuck's sake, seriously what on earth are Ninty doing, are they trying to get their share prices to plummet for a bet - Trading Places style ?