IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Anyone else using Wolf Link in Zelda?  He's been a blessing early in my progression, especially hunting big game like water buffalo and deer who can outrun you or usually take multiple arrows to bring down.  It was really worth charging him up to 20 hearts in Twilight Princess HD, but you have to use him strategically, bc if you die, you can't summon him again for 24 hours, like the other Amiibo.

almost have completed the Ocarina of Time outfit, it looks really cool.

Waiting for Zelda to finish downloading...

you'll like it  :ok:

It's fucking amazing!

where is it hosted!?!?

What? I downloaded it from the Wii U Shop.

this weekend, best buy announced they had a last shipment of the nintendo mini nes. they were going on sale this morning. i went to my local best buy at 9am and there is a short line. i stand in line and the best buy guy comes outside and announces that only people with tickets will be getting one. 

tickets? "oh yes, we gave them out at 7am"

fuck you. i stand in line and of course, there's only like 25 and 25 or so people are in front of me are all waving their tickets in the air. 

anyone else tried to get one?

Bah, just spend the money on a Raspberry Pi 3 and have a mini NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo/Super Famicom, etc.

Nintendo is just creating more hype around their brand rather than giving gamers what they want - fuck 'em.

I don't think I will ever understand people getting mad at video game companies

Because gamers feel entitled to shit on everything because they know better.

Every now and then you wonder why a game company does something that seems weird, but what people fail to remember is that game companies are there to make money in every way possible. They are companies. Not joy factories that don't have to worry about revenue recognition and stuff like that.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo had a good reason to stop the production of the NES Classic. I hardly doubt that Reggie just woke up one morning and was like, "nah, fuck this money printing machine..."

It seemed like it was a stop-gap product to fill in an empty holiday 2016 season bc the Switch was still in development, I don't believe it was ever meant to be a big run item, more like a limited edition console.

Nintendo is just creating more hype around their brand rather than giving gamers what they want - fuck 'em.

yeah, although there is also a part of me that remembers a time you never always got what you wanted; eg you saw a toy in the argos catalogue or in a shop window and for whatever reason, they never had it for sale when you finally had the money (or convinced your parents) to purchase 

with that said, this seems to blatantly manufactured by nintendo considering they said they were releasing more to meet the demand 

yeah, although there is also a part of me that remembers a time you never always got what you wanted; eg you saw a toy in the argos catalogue or in a shop window and for whatever reason, they never had it for sale when you finally had the money (or convinced your parents) to purchase 

with that said, this seems to blatantly manufactured by nintendo considering they said they were releasing more to meet the demand 

Well, I think Nintendo's charm was greater the final 15 years of last millennium than it is now. I think these days they're just recycling old product just to stay afloat.

Regardless, 2017 is the year I've become primarily an Android gamer. War Robots just turned 3, I'm almost @ Gold league, and I might get my first Galahad robot in a couple of days, depending on how this imminent anniversary event goes.

Are we talkin' console developers, publishers, or game developers? Because with the last one bitchy gamers are so rampant it's like a pandemic.

It seemed like it was a stop-gap product to fill in an empty holiday 2016 season bc the Switch was still in development, I don't believe it was ever meant to be a big run item, more like a limited edition console.

Yes, that makes sense, but when it STARTED SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES, you'd think Nintendo would say, "hey, people like this - let's ramp up production to meet demand, and see how far this goes?". NOOOOOOOPE.

Same reason people get mad at artists and record labels for releasing exclusives, or items you can only buy if you go to a live show, etc. - it's the disregard for the willing customer.

Yes, that makes sense, but when it STARTED SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES, you'd think Nintendo would say, "hey, people like this - let's ramp up production to meet demand, and see how far this goes?". NOOOOOOOPE.

on YouTube people are saying that nintendo didn't ask enough money for the nes classic, maybe they weren't making enough profit??? word is a snes model is coming out and i'm sure it will cost more.

honestly they should just sell officially branded usb controllers modeled after classic controllers (nes, snes, 64, gc) and just let people use them on their pc. charge a premium for official nintendo branded ones instead of buffalos (although the buffalo is 100% aok in my book). make money on the hardware and leave all the licensing bullshit that goes into creating these stupid things out of it. i can't imagine why anyone would want a gimped ass emulator that is "official." after a couple of weeks it'll probably end up sitting on top of your real nes that you haven't played in 20 years -_-

Edited by juiceciuj

Guest bitroast

nintendo could do one of two things.

- ease down production on the switch to boost production on the nes mini and don't make as much profits.

- ease down production on the nes mini to boost switch production and make profits + establish user base for future.

this isn't too baffling. what's baffling is that people are going crazy over a cheap piece of plastic with what can already be done on a pc, nintendo wii, raspberry pi, 3ds, Switch as soon as virtual console is released, original NES console some 30 years ago, your android phone, etc. seriously, who cares if nintendo choose to stop production on their what is essentially equivalent to an amiibo that plays roms..

was a bit of 2016 holiday buzz / sales before switch was launched.

Edited by bitroast

NBA Playgrounds looking good for an arcade basketball fix.  Kind of a combination of NBA Street and old school NBA Jam super deformed players with over the top effects.  Will probly download for Switch, seems a good match for the multiplayer setups, like in that hipster trailer.

Currently enjoying Until Dawn. It's like a mix between the Friday the 13th films, The Thing and Heavy Rain. I'll definitely be replaying it with opposite decision-making to see how it unravels...

Also got Little Nightmares on pre-order, so that's my weekend sorted too!

on YouTube people are saying that nintendo didn't ask enough money for the nes classic, maybe they weren't making enough profit??? word is a snes model is coming out and i'm sure it will cost more.

Oh you bet your sweet patootie they will - "SNES Classic" will be easily 99.99.

These cases are on Amazon for $20 so not too difficult to build a Pi emulator that looks as good as Nintendo's

64E6253A-7906-4D36-9656-3662B8180A35_zps

E6EA7EB9-104F-4D7E-B3ED-441472ADC305_zps

I'd scratch off the "Old Skool" bit and it'd be fine.

Apparently the Switch is doing quite well, with almost 3 million units sold worldwide - it's on pace to outsell the Wii U's (not that hard) entire install base (13.2m units) in the first year.

If Nintendo can keep the quality software (both first- and third-party) flowing, they might just have a hit on their hands. Interesting how they can totally ignore Sony and Microsoft and do their own thing and be successful at it.

Still playing Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap - getting to the point I may need a guide to find all the hidden shit. Trying not to succumb.

Also picked up the Spectre Knight expansion for Shovel Knight - so damn good. Yacht Club knows how to make retro games.

Looking forward to Puyo Puyo Tetris as well - glad I didn't spring for the Japanese version when it came out last year.

Still playing Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap - getting to the point I may need a guide to find all the hidden shit. Trying not to succumb.

If it's like the game gear one (which it probably might not be) just hold 'diagonal up' in the direction you wanna go then it should find those hidden doors.

Oh you bet your sweet patootie they will - "SNES Classic" will be easily 99.99.

These cases are on Amazon for $20 so not too difficult to build a Pi emulator that looks as good as Nintendo's

64E6253A-7906-4D36-9656-3662B8180A35_zps

E6EA7EB9-104F-4D7E-B3ED-441472ADC305_zps

I'd scratch off the "Old Skool" bit and it'd be fine.

Apparently the Switch is doing quite well, with almost 3 million units sold worldwide - it's on pace to outsell the Wii U's (not that hard) entire install base (13.2m units) in the first year.

If Nintendo can keep the quality software (both first- and third-party) flowing, they might just have a hit on their hands. Interesting how they can totally ignore Sony and Microsoft and do their own thing and be successful at it.

Also picked up the Spectre Knight expansion for Shovel Knight - so damn good. Yacht Club knows how to make retro games.

Looking forward to Puyo Puyo Tetris as well - glad I didn't spring for the Japanese version when it came out last year.

the Switch is great so far, just the damn bending is a problem, and it IS more widespread than Nintendo and the gaming blogs have even caught onto yet. Just look at the Reddit forums and poll dedicated to the physical construction of Switch, not only are some units coming bent out of the box (both of my Switch consoles and docks were bent and warped, including the replacement straight from Nintendo, but some are bending more as players are using them).  the first culprit was the dock, but a lot of videos on Youtube theorize, and I concur, the battery is heating to the point of expansion, causing the thin plastic back to become softer and warp, and the seam above the battery compartment starts to separate pretty quickly.  There is also a problem of cracks forming in the plastic, and pieces even falling off above the power button on top.  I'm just gonna grin and bear it until after Xmas, as I bet the mainstream press will pick up on this after more units are in buyers' hands, and more complaints start, that is, unless Nintendo does a quiet hardware revision, like on the joy-con.  Then I'll file a warranty claim and send it in, they have pretty good luck so far transferring save data from unit to unit, so hopefully a cloud solution will be introduced before next Spring and I'll be sure I won't lose my Zelda progress.  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen132AGpOEyiMsK4bgqIeqCKHVIBv0LHIH6sFHwakRT8aekg/viewanalytics

*Just a friendly warning: units with serial numbers starting XAW1, XAW4, and XAW7 seems to be the biggest culprits in poor manufacturing quality.