IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

i've currently been playing Inside.

i feel like i have a mild case of anhedonia mixed with my A.D.D.. it's hard for me to get into games at the moment because i end up feeling unproductive when i could be doing something more beneficial.

it's made by the same devs that made the game Limbo

i play it pretty much every other 3 days for about a half hour at a time, i'm glad i'm able to enjoy this gnarly game when i can.

Just finished Axiom Verge after a first run of ~10h and I can't recommend it enough for Metroidvania enthusiasts. Was hard to get into it at first but after an hour of gameplay it gets really, really cool. Will probably try to 100% it one of these days but it looks quite hard !

Anyone play through the Witcher 3? Recommended?

I never made it all the way through but the +150 hours I threw after that game were worth it! I'm not even sure what happened since I never finished it because it is without a doubt the best RPG I've ever played.

Highly recommended (best game i've played in years despite some idiotic fantasy plot points within a wannabe dark & realistic world), but it's 100+ hours type of game and that's without two DLCs which are much more focused and varied narratively, could be separate games themselves.

I realised how deep it was only after i finished it the first time not givin a fuck, then it sucked in and i played Witcher 2 (the first one is too old and PC-centric for me, well it's PC-only clicking through shit) which i thought was garbage initially. After that i replayed Witcher 3 on a harder level using most of the tools, looking for slick gear from the start and that was a blast.

It just has these little details, like protagonist phlegmatically reacting to the weather - "wind's howling" - or first time walking to the city of Oxenfurt (small in fact) through long-ass bridge at sundown after many hours of forests and swamps and it felt like, shit's deep.

Just finished Axiom Verge after a first run of ~10h and I can't recommend it enough for Metroidvania enthusiasts. Was hard to get into it at first but after an hour of gameplay it gets really, really cool. Will probably try to 100% it one of these days but it looks quite hard !

I did enjoy it - Like had whacked around 20+ hours to try and find as much hidden stuff as possible. But it didn't really grab me as much as other Metroidvania's - Some of the areas (like the overground mountain like area) were kind of a chore to play though, and the weapons really didn't add much to the game: Once you were comfortable with one weapon there seemed little need to switch to another one. I felt the glitching aspect could've been developed a bit further too - Aside from using it to get through glitched blocks (so essentially just locked doors styled differently), or turning some enemies into platforms there wasn't too much to the glitch aspect.

I'd would of loved to see you able to full on glitch certain areas, like blasting walls and ending up in wacky out of bounds areas (not just those hidden areas) but places that looked like:

hqdefault.jpg

Shooting blocks in this OOB area then manipulating bits of the game as if you were directly manipulating the game's memory locations

The game's been frequently praised for the music, but I felt a few of the tracks were really quite nasty, especially as you would spend considerable time with each track when exploring areas. This in particular I had to always turn down when visiting the area: https://axiomverge.bandcamp.com/track/inexorable

The above probably makes me sound like I disliked the game but I really didn't, just as this kind of game is my favourite genre I tend to be really critical over certain aspects of them.

I love the witcher 3, I only recently completed it but steam reckons I've put 175 hours into it. Its the attention to detail and the writing that really makes it for me. I enjoyed some of the writing in the side quests more than the main thing

the voice acting is mostly ok,  and sometimes even quite good (I think geralt's is probably the weakest unfortunately)

the fighting is mostly pretty fun

if you play it on the harder difficulty levels, it forces you to actually behave like the expert monster slayer that you're supposed to be

I can't think of a game i'm more excited for than cyberpunk 2077, because if you look at how much better (not just in terms of gfx) witcher 3 is than witcher 2, and witcher 2 is over the original....

Edited by Sally Vingoe

Finally made some more progress in Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. Again, probably one of the best retro remakes I've played in recent memory.

I never made it all the way through but the +150 hours I threw after that game were worth it! I'm not even sure what happened since I never finished it because it is without a doubt the best RPG I've ever played.

Highly recommended (best game i've played in years despite some idiotic fantasy plot points within a wannabe dark & realistic world), but it's 100+ hours type of game and that's without two DLCs which are much more focused and varied narratively, could be separate games themselves.

I realised how deep it was only after i finished it the first time not givin a fuck, then it sucked in and i played Witcher 2 (the first one is too old and PC-centric for me, well it's PC-only clicking through shit) which i thought was garbage initially. After that i replayed Witcher 3 on a harder level using most of the tools, looking for slick gear from the start and that was a blast.

It just has these little details, like protagonist phlegmatically reacting to the weather - "wind's howling" - or first time walking to the city of Oxenfurt (small in fact) through long-ass bridge at sundown after many hours of forests and swamps and it felt like, shit's deep.

I love the witcher 3, I only recently completed it but steam reckons I've put 175 hours into it. Its the attention to detail and the writing that really makes it for me. I enjoyed some of the writing in the side quests more than the main thing

the voice acting is mostly ok,  and sometimes even quite good (I think geralt's is probably the weakest unfortunately)

the fighting is mostly pretty fun

if you play it on the harder difficulty levels, it forces you to actually behave like the expert monster slayer that you're supposed to be

I can't think of a game i'm more excited for than cyberpunk 2077, because if you look at how much better (not just in terms of gfx) witcher 3 is than witcher 2, and witcher 2 is over the original....

Sounds like I'm playing Witcher 3 next!!! Thanks guys

I've wondered about that one. I wonder if it's easier to play on USB game controller?

Speaking of indie games, turns out a sequel for Risk of Rain is in the works: http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/160452455554/devblog-1-our-next-project-weve-been-working

So...going from 2D to 3D.

Deciding to skip Prey after trying the demo... Gameplay just feels off, more than just the input lag. Setting looks cool and all, but the aliens felt more annoying than scary, seems like a lot of fetching keycards and unlocking doors too, meh. 

Deciding to skip Prey after trying the demo... Gameplay just feels off, more than just the input lag. Setting looks cool and all, but the aliens felt more annoying than scary, seems like a lot of fetching keycards and unlocking doors too, meh. 

I heard the -Shock series had partly influenced it, but wasn't sure how the reviews are. I reckon we as consumers in general have become more wary of abundant hype surrounding the latest movies and games in recent years, because it often merely serves as marketing bait.

Nintendo Switch e-Shop now allows you to save your credit card info. What innovations will they think of next?

I can't wait for them to innovate on new ways for credit card info to be stolen from their systems!

Nintendo Switch e-Shop now allows you to save your credit card info. What innovations will they think of next?

VST support?

only 2.4 though

VST support?

only 2.4 though

lel

Guest bitroast

does it play any good ?

it *looks* like a kind of not as good version of that ps3 nba jam: on fire edition .. which i thought was gooooood ! played it a lot multiplayer. and a new version even shitty looking version of that would be pretty rad on the switch. but this kind of has this look to it that looks like a shitty ipad game?

i played Rocket League at a friend's a couple of times recently and i fuckin love it. playing this was the 1st time i've wanted a PS4, but getting one is a hell of an expensive way to play 1 game.