IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

prey is pretty good if anyone was wondering, i'm halfway through

system shock 2 vibes but less scary and interesting new stuff as well

and it has the most important thing a game like this needs: atmosphere

Breath of the Wild keeps being awesome, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't figure out if I'm actually making any process or simply solving shrines. I don't even think I've been a proper shrine/temple yet?

Finished Beyond: Two Souls. Ellen Page cries a lot/10.

That game was terrible, it's boring as hell, nothing you do or don't do matters (you can still win the game not pressing a single button during the QTE's) and Page's character just annoyed me all game. I even enjoyed Heavy Rain, but man Beyond: Two Souls is one of the worst games I've ever played.

About to dive into Injustice 2, traded in Mass Effect: Andromeda after realizing I wasn't gonna finish it (sorry Foil )

Yep. Interesting at first, but quickly repetitive and boring. Not an interesting story either. Heavy Rain was way better.

Finished Persona 5 earlier this week, so going thru on NG+ now to get the rest of the trophys. Man this game. I loved it so much. Was easily one of the best games I've ever played. Would wholeheartidly reccomend it to anyone interested in these types of games. It is a long game, but IMO more than worth the time investment. Likely would be my game of the year. For refrence, I've never played any Persona or any SMT games for that matter. Long time fan of the Souls series and love Bloodborne. This game I enjoyed more than Dark Souls III, tho they're not really comparable at all. It was a very welcome break from those types of games for me.

Tempted to get PUBG but wary of early access games...

I usually avoid Early Access games, but I gave this to a friend and it's fucking tense and amazing. Some of the early access jank is actually making the game more fun.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/11/square-enix-selling-hitman-studio/

Publisher Square Enix is selling IO Interactive who's in the middle of making Hitman season 2. Could be a good thing (less bullshit tactics like the always online demand), could be bad - most publishers are nasty for dollaz these days, and if noone picks it up in time, there would be no season 2.

Personally, i didn't like the episodic release, bought it in full only after all episodes were out. Yet despite the non-story sandbox style i enjoyed the story - minimalistic gangster thriller with stone faces is OK with me, especially after the soapy Absolution. The gameplay is Hitman at its best, definitely could be polished further.

if there's no season 2 of hitman nothing else will matter this year and beyond. just cancel everything. it's only fair.

According to the rumors season 2 is still happening

if there's no season 2 of hitman nothing else will matter this year and beyond. just cancel everything. it's only fair.

According to the rumors season 2 is still happening

true. it better be real. otherwise...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"GoldenEye X". Think of it as "GoldenEye 007" on steroids: they're taking the engine used to make "Perfect Dark" and they're rebuilding "GoldenEye 007" within this engine. So this means they have some really neat touches: reloading animations, new weapons, dynamic lighting, et cetera. The mod started out as a revamped multiplayer, but the modders working on the project recently added three new playable campaign missions in the latest patch.

Here's some loser nerd explaining it through video, though this probably makes it much less appealing than how I described it.

which means i won't have anybody to play multiplayer that's on here :(

Edited by Raktorn

Perfect Dark was amazing. 

I just finished Bioshock 2. It was pretty cool, if lacking the story punch of the first and Infinite. I didn't quite understand the timeline with Lamb, Ryan, and Fontaine.

Now going to start Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

any recommendations for something fun i can play on my macbook with just the keyboard? not too graphically intense, not needing a mouse. love binding of isaac and ftl.