IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

dunno if you've seen this (probably have), but as a fan of sf3 you owe it to yourself to watch it (if you haven't):

lol, yeah i've seen that   :biggrin:

Guest bitroast

ARMS seems entirely competent and fun. playing with motion controls was fun but playing with with standard controls was also totally viable and totally fine. (for whatever reason the pause screen control screen only shows you half of what buttons do what, but you can play that game with L2 being left punch, R2 being right punch, etc, and that seemed pretty comfortable and felt right). still though, you naturally get into it a little more when flailing your arms about with motion controls so even if that's a little janky and unresponsive it's still the more fun way to play it i think. seems fine!

the price point versus what's on offer is the main niggling concern i have at this point (the v-ball sports stuff seemed fine but mostly there to break up the action a bit, which is probably welcome i guess). it's a wii u esque nintendo as fuck fighting game. feels polished and fun.

I was hoping they would have basketball available during the first beta, maybe they'll rotate it in on the following weekend trials.

that's how they get ya by the balls.

always keep you wanting more.

ARMS seems entirely competent and fun. playing with motion controls was fun but playing with with standard controls was also totally viable and totally fine. (for whatever reason the pause screen control screen only shows you half of what buttons do what, but you can play that game with L2 being left punch, R2 being right punch, etc, and that seemed pretty comfortable and felt right). still though, you naturally get into it a little more when flailing your arms about with motion controls so even if that's a little janky and unresponsive it's still the more fun way to play it i think. seems fine!

the price point versus what's on offer is the main niggling concern i have at this point (the v-ball sports stuff seemed fine but mostly there to break up the action a bit, which is probably welcome i guess). it's a wii u esque nintendo as fuck fighting game. feels polished and fun.

I was hoping they would have basketball available during the first beta, maybe they'll rotate it in on the following weekend trials.
that's how they get ya by the balls.

always keep you wanting more.

Lol they are rotating basketball in next week. I think I've had my fill with another round of the beta. $60 for that game is ridiculous.

Got Ikaruga on Steam - forgot how frikkin' hard this game was. Got to the third stage mini-boss and fell over in my chair.

Don't think I've barely scratched stage 2 ... Need to get back into it sometime

Wolfenstein New Order, it's pretty fun, dunno which one is more funnier DOOM ir this,

this has Nazi dystopian future, in DOOM you can visit HELL, choose which one is more crazy

Both are pretty solid shooters. I reinstalled Wolf: TNO nearly a month ago but haven't gotten around to it yet this year. Though I did play thru both the Fergus and the Wyatt timelines two years ago.

I'm playing Prey at the moment on PC, which I think echos System Shock quite a bit. More so the second than the first though.

And War Robots is still my top game on Android.

Wolfenstein New Order, it's pretty fun, dunno which one is more funnier DOOM ir this,

this has Nazi dystopian future, in DOOM you can visit HELL, choose which one is more crazy

Both are pretty solid shooters. I reinstalled Wolf: TNO nearly a month ago but haven't gotten around to it yet this year. Though I did play thru both the Fergus and the Wyatt timelines two years ago.

I'm playing Prey at the moment on PC, which I think echos System Shock quite a bit. More so the second than the first though.

How's Prey working out? Are the graphics as good as they look in trailers etc?

Worth playing? I'm on the last level of DOOM and need a shooter replace it. 

Got Ikaruga on Steam - forgot how frikkin' hard this game was. Got to the third stage mini-boss and fell over in my chair.

apart from being hard it's also a completely unique masterpiece in game design. <3 :gamer:

from my experience the hardest part is finding another maso to join you in 2 player mode tho... so much potential there!

Yeah I'd say so, especially considering the game's less than 20 G in size.

I have to warn you however that the same bravado tactic that gets you thru DOOM, splattering monsters left and right, won't quite work the same way in Prey. Since it's more of a survival horror, you'd have to tread lightly wherever you go, since even one enemy at a time can post a serious threat. Not unlike the first Resident Evil.

Yeah I'd say so, especially considering the game's less than 20 G in size.

I have to warn you however that the same bravado tactic that gets you thru DOOM, splattering monsters left and right, won't quite work the same way in Prey. Since it's more of a survival horror, you'd have to tread lightly wherever you go, since even one enemy at a time can post a serious threat. Not unlike the first Resident Evil.

Hmm! I may check it out then. =)

i am probably 1/4 done with Persona 5, taking a break from it rn, probably going to take me several months with multiple breaks to get through it, which was the same way i played P4G, although it really suffers from not being portable imo.

wanting to try out dead cells, but I currently I have been sucked into PlayerUnknown Battleground

I also am playing tale of tales "the Path" 

Ikaruga is a masterpiece but I'm not fond of the memorization shmups, even if of the highest quality. I prefer the more random ones. That said, I hope and pray for Crow / Karous to come to Steam. Please, Milestone?

Gave Rising Storm 2: Vietnam a solid go, absolutely loved it. Been waiting a long, long time for a proper 'Nam shooter. Game is rough around the edges and needs more maps but it's incredibly immersive and the sound is excellent. Artillery strikes almost make you shit your pants. The realistic gun handling is right up my alley. GO HOME GI!

Man, Persona 5 is a long game..

I've started to play Doom to take breaks from it.

Friday the 13th

F13thGame-axing.gif

My first step into an asymmetrical multiplayer survival horror game. Having a lot of fun so far. There are quite a few bugs and the price point is pretty steep at this point ($40) for a game with only 3 maps and multiplayer (there all be a single player campaign sometime in the summer). Despite all that there's awesome potential here for F13 and future games of a similar ilk. Now, if only they could get this for VR...

There are quite a few bugs and the price point is pretty steep at this point ($40) for a game with only 3 maps and multiplayer (there all be a single player campaign sometime in the summer). 

lol what the fuck, I've been seeing a lot about the server issues and bugs, and had automatically assumed it was an Early Access title.

With your description, it even sounds like an Early Access title.

But it's not. They're actually asking full price for this. lol.

There are quite a few bugs and the price point is pretty steep at this point ($40) for a game with only 3 maps and multiplayer (there all be a single player campaign sometime in the summer). 

lol what the fuck, I've been seeing a lot about the server issues and bugs, and had automatically assumed it was an Early Access title.

With your description, it even sounds like an Early Access title.

But it's not. They're actually asking full price for this. lol.

There are still a lot of kinks they got to work out, and yeah, $40 is asking a lot for some people especially considering it's also light on content. Even with all those faults, which are undeniably big, I'm still enjoying the shit out of it. I would take this over a AAA fps any day at this point. Still though, steer clear especially if you were considering playing on xbox, as apparently there are STILL people that haven't even played a full game yet and this shit was released on the 26th.