IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Replaying XCOM 2013. Still haven't dialed in the priorities but I don't wanna google strategy.

2013? As in Enemy Within? If so that was a pretty dece expansion, especially having MEC units and playing the EXALT missions.

I wonder how the upcoming XCOM 2 expansion will be. (due out end of August)

anyone have any recommendations for vita games?

a mate is playing Persona 4 on his vita. put fucking hours into it.

vita exclusive? not really. but it was a great portable for playing indies that ended up on ps3/steam. both of the olli olli games were really fun. rogue legacy. shovel knight. it's a really great platform for old school 2d gaming. i'm sure there's tonnes i'm forgetting but i'd have to dig it out and boot it up to see what all i've got on there.

Hollow Knight: good, wonderful art

Everspace: dying in space endlessly, sort of kinda runs on my laptop

Tempted to buy NieR: Automata in the Steam Sale but have bought two games already. HMMM

Edited by Bechuga

Replaying XCOM 2013. Still haven't dialed in the priorities but I don't wanna google strategy.

2013? As in Enemy Within? If so that was a pretty dece expansion, especially having MEC units and playing the EXALT missions.

Hmm not the expansion. Don't know MEC or EXALT.

Made a new character in Bloodborne, I was stuck in Old Hunters DLC NG+.  It's such a joy to play-through again, and looking forward to the DLC on normal.

I have also been playing the Diablo 3 Necromancer DLC for a few days.  Necromancer is OP, and I'm thinking will get nerfed before the next season starts on July 20th.  For now it is extremely satisfying hack'n'slash madness.

Hmm not the expansion. Don't know MEC or EXALT.

Cuz I remember the first XCOM: Enemy Unknown by Firaxis came out Oct 9, 2012. And then Enemy Within came out Nov 12th the following year. If you're playing the former then there won't be any of that stuff I mentioned earlier.

Both are pretty solid tho.

Oh yeah I don't know which adjective is after Enemy. I just bought it on Steam and it says © Firaxis 2013.

There's some achievements about modified soldiers and shit so maybe I do have the expansion and I just haven't unlocked the goodies yet.

Oh yeah. It probably doesn't tell you right off the bat, but I think shortly after you start it introduces the Meld. That's the stuff you can snag on missions to spend either genetic or cybernetic (MEC) upgrades on your soldiers, if you're playing EW.

Also...not to give away too many spoilers, but you're gonna want at least two MECs before the Newfoundland mission, which I think pops up in the month of May or June in the game. And aliens aren't gonna be your only problem once EXALT shows up.

picked up BOTW again, with the first part of the DLC now out.. collected the things which are well... collectibles.. also now have completed all the shrines.. the master trial thing is basically like the VR missions in the original MGS, I like this.. gotta seriously improve my combat to get even close to winning this. Eventide Island was my fav+ thing in BOTW and it's more of that. But, tbh I feel super exhausted & empty inside after sinking another ten or so hours into the game. Would feel like this with any game tho..

Oh yeah. It probably doesn't tell you right off the bat, but I think shortly after you start it introduces the Meld. That's the stuff you can snag on missions to spend either genetic or cybernetic (MEC) upgrades on your soldiers, if you're playing EW.

Also...not to give away too many spoilers, but you're gonna want at least two MECs before the Newfoundland mission, which I think pops up in the month of May or June in the game. And aliens aren't gonna be your only problem once EXALT shows up.

Hm? When does it introduce the Meld? I dont' think I have this, lol.

picked up BOTW again, with the first part of the DLC now out.. collected the things which are well... collectibles.. also now have completed all the shrines.. the master trial thing is basically like the VR missions in the original MGS, I like this.. gotta seriously improve my combat to get even close to winning this. Eventide Island was my fav+ thing in BOTW and it's more of that. But, tbh I feel super exhausted & empty inside after sinking another ten or so hours into the game. Would feel like this with any game tho..

i've gotten too about 3/4 of the shrines. in fact it's been FOREVER since i've found one, and it sucks. any trick to finding them?

you probably done some shrine quests which reveal buried shrines? - there's quite a few of these and some of them are just incredibly obscure... some normal shrines are also pretty well hidden.. basically the DLC gives you this path thing where you can see your entire route through the world. Scanned some locations where I hadn't explored a lot earlier.. and then sat down with the guide book to find the last 10 or so.. would have never found these on my own.

Kakoriko village shrine quest:

been to the forest where the fairy is, near kakoriko village? There's an orange pedestal thing near there. I knew there was a shrine there but absolutely NEVER would have figured this one out... gotta do a trivial but somewhat hidden side quest in the village as a precondition..

in any case if you beat them all you can go so,e place and get a thing, which, yea guess what it's just another thing. And to upgrade it you have to get certain things which aren't very easy to get so it goes on and on and on.

Edited by Guest

Made a new character in Bloodborne, I was stuck in Old Hunters DLC NG+.  It's such a joy to play-through again, and looking forward to the DLC on normal.

I have also been playing the Diablo 3 Necromancer DLC for a few days.  Necromancer is OP, and I'm thinking will get nerfed before the next season starts on July 20th.  For now it is extremely satisfying hack'n'slash madness.

Old Hunters area was so difficult at first. I remember it easing up but I think it was only because I switched to a more powerful character after failing miserably on a low level guy. I need to go back through the game with a fresh character this year, I bet it's so much fun  :gamer:

you probably done some shrine quests which reveal buried shrines? - there's quite a few of these and some of them are just incredibly obscure... some normal shrines are also pretty well hidden.. basically the DLC gives you this path thing where you can see your entire route through the world. Scanned some locations where I hadn't explored a lot earlier.. and then sat down with the guide book to find the last 10 or so.. would have never found these on my own.

Kakoriko village shrine quest:

been to the forest where the fairy is, near kakoriko village? There's an orange pedestal thing near there. I knew there was a shrine there but absolutely NEVER would have figured this one out... gotta do a trivial but somewhat hidden side quest in the village as a precondition..

in any case if you beat them all you can go so,e place and get a thing, which, yea guess what it's just another thing. And to upgrade it you have to get certain things which aren't very easy to get so it goes on and on and on.

shit , i've never heard of buried shrines, enlighten me please 

oh rly?!

so e.g. you haven't been to Eventide Island...?

derpp derp. i dunno., i'll look into it  :beer:

EDIT; oh yeah, the shrines that come out of the ground, i found a few of those

Edited by yek

dang I thought I was better at crash than this....

apparently it's not you, someone figured the new rounded hitboxes makes the game a little trickier

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

oh rly?!

so e.g. you haven't been to Eventide Island...?

derpp derp. i dunno., i'll look into it  :beer:

EDIT; oh yeah, the shrines that come out of the ground, i found a few of those

def go to Eventide - best quest

Typically I really don't care about sales figures but this list of top selling games and consoles in Japan was surprising 

Top 10 best-selling games of first six months of 2017:
  1. Monster Hunter XX for 3DS (1,640,005 units sold)
  2. Pokémon Sun and Moon for 3DS (527,862)
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch (501, 614)
  4. Zelda Breath Of The Wild for Switch (464,480)
  5. Super Mario Maker for 3DS (397,656)
  6. Biohazard 7 for PS4 (324,066)
  7. NieR: Automata for PS4 (311,906)
  8. Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 Tachiagare Nippon!! for 3DS (263,790)
  9. Yokai Watch Sukiyaki for 3DS (215,297)
  10. 1-2 Switch for Switch (200,807)
Top five best-selling consoles of first six months of 2017:
  1. Nintendo Switch: 1,016,473 units sold
  2. Sony PS4: 877,630 (now at 4,799,246 total)
  3. Nintendo DS: 872,620 (22,784,033)
  4. Sony PS Vita: 260,296 (5,507,715)
  5. Microsoft Xbox One: 5,093 (78,041)

I finally finished Neir Automata and I think its easily GOTY for me, probably in the top 5 games I've ever played.

I finally finished Neir Automata and I think its easily GOTY for me, probably in the top 5 games I've ever played.

I've been trying to avoid looking at this game because from the little I saw right before it came out, I think it's up my alley. So y'all need to shut up with talking good about it, unless it's damned cheap suddenly or something  :wink: