IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm playing No Man's Sky. still. one year later

Really? What are you getting out of it at this point?
It's fun. Saving up for a freighter and the updates have been good.

I bet it's a good podcast game.

Anyone looking for a proper, hard as nails twin stick shooter challenge should look no further than Nex Machina.

I've been playing since launch, and fuck me, this game forces you to be the best you can otherwise you get nowhere. Really enjoy building back up my skills and reflexes after all this time. Music and visuals are also great too.

That too. Very! And music listening. Edited by Friendly Foil

With NieR ranking as one of my favourite gaming experiences in a while, I am playing Yoko Taro's other games in order. This means I'm playing Drakengard on PS2. Oh boy, this is a step-down gameplay wise from Automata!

He's scouring the universe for the gameplay

j/k, play what you like foil

That too. Very! And music listening.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-08-no-mans-sky-screenshot-teases-stargate-style-portals

@bechuga - have you played the original Nier? it's a wonderful and weird experience. just be prepared to encounter one of the worst quests in modern gaming (the fishing one. absolute nightmare).

Yikes, start saving your $$ Joyrex.

IMG_6127.jpg

Though if it's anything like the first NiNoKuni it'd be a good investment given how much that special edition leapt in price

Is Studio Ghibli still involved in the sequel as they were in the first game?

Picked up Megaman Legacy Collection 2 and Sine Mora EX yesterday - I forgot how sluggish MM 7-8 felt compared to the 8-bit versions. Still, MM8 on PS1 is one of my favourite MM games (cringeworthy voice acting aside).

Sine Mora EX is one of my favourite shmups - tough as nails, and an interesting time manipulation mechanic, which makes the whole affair very intense. Visuals on PS4 are even more beautiful than the PS3 version, and owners of the Steam version of Sine Mora get EX for FREE.

Anyone looking for a proper, hard as nails twin stick shooter challenge should look no further than Nex Machina.

I've been playing since launch, and fuck me, this game forces you to be the best you can otherwise you get nowhere. Really enjoy building back up my skills and reflexes after all this time. Music and visuals are also great too.

Maybe once I finally beat Enter the Gungeon. I've only got to the 3rd boss after 30 hours of play. :P Bullet hell games aren't my strong point, but I keep playing it.

That too. Very! And music listening.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-08-no-mans-sky-screenshot-teases-stargate-style-portals

So excited for this. Especially the portals. There's a part of the galaxy where a ton of players have settled down, set up community farms, etc. and now I can finally visit it! It was so so far away before.

There's a part of the galaxy where a ton of players have settled down, set up community farms, etc. and now I can finally visit it! It was so so far away before.

I thought there was that whole kerfuffle last year where it turns out you can't actually interact with other folks even if you visit the same place -

There's a part of the galaxy where a ton of players have settled down, set up community farms, etc. and now I can finally visit it! It was so so far away before.

I thought there was that whole kerfuffle last year where it turns out you can't actually interact with other folks even if you visit the same place -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pDiqXWHFDc

Yeah that's not in there. But you can visit other players' bases and leave messages like in Dark Souls now and that hub place is supposedly pretty populated (with buildings).

@bechuga - have you played the original Nier? it's a wonderful and weird experience. just be prepared to encounter one of the worst quests in modern gaming (the fishing one. absolute nightmare).

On my list to get and play. Might get someone to buy it for me for a b'day present. I have heard about that quest, should be fun :)

I just ordered Dark Souls 3.. (for $17, pays to wait!) Recently finished Bloodborne. What an absolutely incredible game. I finally "get" From Software. I didn't understand before.. I just saw crappy frame-rates and seemingly repetitious gameplay. Both are kinda true but an obsession takes hold that I haven't felt in a game for a very very long time. The setting, the mystery, the addictive gameplay.. and sense of accomplishment is unreal. Couldn't put it down. 

Edited by Vaaler9

I just ordered Dark Souls 3.. (for $17, pays to wait!) Recently finished Bloodborne. What an absolutely incredible game. I finally "get" From Software. I didn't understand before.. I just saw crappy frame-rates and seemingly repetitious gameplay. Both are kinda true but an obsession takes hold that I haven't felt in a game for a very very long time. The setting, the mystery, the addictive gameplay.. and sense of accomplishment is unreal. Couldn't put it down. 

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Bloodborne is great, it really really is. You may or may not have the same sort of experience with DS3, but it's certainly on par with BB gameplay-wise. The story isn't quite as interesting and 'focused' (lol at using that word for any From soulslike game) as BB, but it's still a great game, definitely allows for more diverse gameplay styles and such, which can give you some change from BB. How long did you spend on it? I've got at least 150 hours logged for BB which included like 3+ playthroughs and 2 or 3 characters. I also did more than a few hours of PVP back in the initial 6 months of its release. Is the PVP stuff still active? Did you do much in the dungeons? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS

sorry I've been itching to do a new run through of DS3 or maybe a new BB run  :gamer:

Yeah just saw the trailer, I'm impressed! They finally added actual multiplayer and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I know a lot of blowhards won't bother because "it should have been in the final game!" but whatever, it's gotten nothing but free updates since launch. Taken a little over a year but the game is looking to be in a good state. Might hop back in!

Where did you read about the "player commune" Foil?