IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I just beat Titanfall 2. Pretty awesome single player campaign. I like the gameplay mechanics a lot. Definitely enjoyed playing as the player more than the Titan though.

I postponed Hitman because my internet connection was out. Going to get back into that now.

Destiny 2 has me hooked, there's a LOT of improvements over the first game.

ye i'm hooked as well, i wasn't gonna buy it but my gamemates convinced me and it's worth the purchase for sure!

i like crucible a lot more, i'm so glad they got rid of that shotgun/sniperwhore shitfest, i'm already 274 light right now wooowie

i hope to be able to complete the raid someday

Destiny 2 has me hooked, there's a LOT of improvements over the first game.

yeah there's a review somewhere titled "It's Destiny, without the bullshit", which is really apt. No fat, just straight to the chase.

There's some annoying issues here and there, and I'm not sure how I feel about it for casual pvp, but otherwise a vast improvement.

I'm waiting for the PC port. Any idea why the shit they didn't come out at the same time? =/

Yeah, idk I wish they didn't just come out at the same time... Boo ordered for PC and I've been stuck playing with the headphones on until October as to not spoil anything for her before it comes out.

It really is a huge improvement gameplay-wise. The main campaign and additional "adventures" are REALLY well done this time.  With a ton of end-game missions and content the first game lacked. There's still a need to grind a bit, but it's done in a much more streamlined and less tedious way, just play and do the normal stuff and you'll be rewarded basically rather than having to spend hours and hours gathering a stupid mineral.

The public events and in-game clan systems work well to get people playing together, I've already found a decent clan to play with.

Also the sound design and scoring is really well done, the contextual music is implemented really well and the guns and aliens sound great!

Bought a steam link on sale a while ago and just got around to hooking it up (wired on cat6). Works better than I thought, only noticable frame loss is on games my PC kinda struggles with anyway, otherwise does great at 1080p. Good deal.

Ordered Wolfenstein and Doom for console and I am now looking forward to playing them both on console with a controller in my hands.

idiot

Wolfenstein, Doom was okay but has like zero replay value.

Well yeah despite perfectly knowing that FPS with controllers isn't really the best thing, I'm really excited about the Doom port coming on Switch ! It looks like it will be pretty close to the PS4 graphic quality too which is just great.

Doom on ultra in 144hz is eyemelting.

Dishonored 2 is a really nice potpourri of stealth elements and high budget world building a là bioshock infinite. Shooting guards in the butt with sleeping darts has never been funnier. I even knocked a guard out from a distance, not knowing that he had been priming a grenade which blew him and his buddy to smithereens. Priceless!

just started divinity original sin 2, which comes out of early access tommorow. so far seems as fun and challenging as the first one.

this looks so tempting! Edited by chim

Still keep losing all of my saves in XCOM 2: WotC every time I exit to the desktop. Makes the campaign basically unplayable. Firaxis need to hurry up and patch this shit.

But I did pick up Shadowrun Returns for Android. Pretty cool so far. It's like one of the original Fallout games in a hybrid cyberpunk/fantasy setting, but with movement and cover interface nearly identical to the new XCOMs. I think the original Shadowrun came out in 1994 for SNES but I've never actually played it.

EDIT: Finally fixed the problem above. My antivirus was blocking the application that creates the saves, so I switched it to Allow. Ended up having to uninstall and reinstall the game first though before I started getting the actual message.

Edited by ambermonk

Made an attempt at the raid with my clan last night in Destiny 2...

Fun attempt but fuck me, the garden area is tough as hell, those fucking dogs are ridiculous! We ran out of time for the night before we were able to finish unfortunately but I'm all the more determined to beat it eventually... Maybe this next weekend.

Edited by ghOsty

Still keep losing all of my saves in XCOM 2: WotC every time I exit to the desktop. Makes the campaign basically unplayable. Firaxis need to hurry up and patch this shit.

But I did pick up Shadowrun Returns for Android. Pretty cool so far. It's like one of the original Fallout games in a hybrid cyberpunk/fantasy setting, but with movement and cover interface nearly identical to the new XCOMs. I think the original Shadowrun came out in 1994 for SNES but I've never actually played it.

Didn't know Shadowrun was on mobile, that's cool. Returns & Dragonfall are both great (still haven't played Hong Kong).

snuggled up in retro heaven sandwich between mega man collection 2 and sonic mania these days. bit disappointed the original challenges of mm 9 and 10 aren't tied to steam achievements, which are rather l-/tame... i want dat e-peen and people to knoe godammit! other than that there's not much to say except i still feel 10 is underrated!

concerning the latter: it's effing amazing. before release i was kinda sceptical towards the old school level remixes (re-hashy cash-grabby?) but NO WAY those are actually the best thing about it! like your misty-eyed memories coming alive, going through childhood family pictures and on one everything is familiar and on the next it still kinda is but your mom got teresa orlowski boobs or somethign I LOVE IT! that's not to say the design of the new ones isn't spot-on, too, particularly digging the western and film studio ones. if there's any gripe at all it'd maybe be that compared to 3&knuckles the last few stages don't quite convey the same level of epicness, like doomsday zone in space n shit. titanic monarch can't quite hang with that, still cool tho. sure there's one or another legacy level i'd have switched like i could do without flying battery, rather do want ice cap but that's just a matter of taste really, selection is well rounded.

really makes me hope for mania pt. 2.

on another note i'm pretty much in the mode with shenzhen i/o by now, only missing one puzzle of the main campaign but it's really doing my head in (fucking color changing shoes ugh... after spending hours on a terrible solution i figured i had written the instruction incorrectly so had to more or less start all over, now i'm either missing exactly ONE effing line or board space square... :( ) so in my desperation i went back to TIS-100 and my progress with i/o immediatly showed: got loads of puzzles down i had bashed my brain against before, the graphic onces actually all proved to be not too hard as all and were fun as hell, now i'm down to the last row sans signal divider. also finally started optimzing early puzzles in both titles and doin the alternate-solution achievements of TIS, surprisingly for myself i got em all rather quickly except NO_MEMORY... when in doubt: jro!

Edited by jaderpansen

oh, also awaiting my szi/o-solitaire DOS version floppy, because hey why the hell not :3 actually still got a drive.

quite an interesting article about it: https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ZachBarth/20170828/304568/How_and_why_we_ported_SHENZHEN_SOLITAIRE_to_MSDOS.php

(and in the post above i meant to write "... read the instruction incorrectly", oops)

Edited by jaderpansen

thought id finally finished MGSV after around 70ish hours of play... then Chapter II started

great fuckin' game.

want to replay it on pc when i find the time and get it really cheap

the new zelda really scratches that itch pretty well but jesus fucking christ i'd enjoy it so much more on pc with like a half stable framerate and at least a near modern resolution

Metroid Samus Returns for 3DS. I'm overall positive 2 hours in.

This is the first Nintendo-related post that's piqued my interest in ages. Metroid is by far my favorite Nintendo series.

i started playing Skyrim again... whoops

thought about taking another crack at Oblivion because the quests in general are more fun and interesting but then I remembered that the combat was like watching your character swing a sword through a sea of molasses

anyway doing Conjuration / One Handed / Heavy Armor and desperately trying to avoid become a stealth archer like I always end up as in Elder Scrolls games