IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Side topic - I bought an Xbox One controller today, since trying to play Mother Russia Bleeds with keyboard is painful. Looking forward to trying it out tonight after work.

Due to my games predominantly being FPSs in the past (and hence keyboard+mouse), this will take some getting used to!

Side topic - I bought an Xbox One controller today, since trying to play Mother Russia Bleeds with keyboard is painful. Looking forward to trying it out tonight after work.

Due to my games predominantly being FPSs in the past (and hence keyboard+mouse), this will take some getting used to!

Oh yeah, I got halfway thru MRB but never finished it. A controller/game pad is definitely the way to go. I also recommend connecting your PC to your TV monitor via HDMI cable if you have one, so you get the full console-like experience.

Oh yeah, I got halfway thru MRB but never finished it. A controller/game pad is definitely the way to go. I also recommend connecting your PC to your TV monitor via HDMI cable if you have one, so you get the full console-like experience.

I don't have a TV (yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking...) but my main monitor is a 30" Dell, so not far off 

i bought binding of issac for the switch used from eb games (canada gamestop) and it didn't come with a manual

does this games usually have one because i've seen pictures online

but maybe only first editions have the manual

it makes me think i was ripped off but i want to be sure

i'm glad i pushed through with Yakuza 0. finished it today after around 40 hours or so. the story and characters are enough to make it worthwhile although everything else is janky as hell. might pick up the remake of the first game sometime.

next up i have Hitman. hope it's deec.

i'm glad i pushed through with Yakuza 0. finished it today after around 40 hours or so. the story and characters are enough to make it worthwhile although everything else is janky as hell. might pick up the remake of the first game sometime.

next up i have Hitman. hope it's deec.

I'm still playing Hitman. I beat the game and all the side missions, but the real value is finding all different the ways to assassinate the targets on each level. So much fun.

Have the updates to Overcooked on Switch improved the experience much?  Looking for a multiplayer game to play with a lady this weekend.

Put the Switch down and have sex - great multiplayer game if you're good at it.

Just make sure your TV has a "game" mode or that it can do 4:4:4 chroma; otherwise your on-screen text will look like garbage.

Grim Dawn: started a new playthrough (rolled Inquisitor/Demolitionist, fire heavy dual pistols) and just finished the original campaign on veteran, now on to the expansion acts. can't settle on what devotions to use though, at this point my dude gets all squishy with certain hero mobs cuz I don't have enough resist %s, but I don't wanna give up the gnarly DPS & near constant procs I've built up. think I've spent half my play time comparing gear affinity combos, but I always end up selling 99% of what I initially think are such great green drops off anywayo. haven't had to respec at all really but I'm hitting a wall with regens & I'm built up w/ farmed crafted perks to max aether & fire but idk what hordes I'm up against in the new acts so I might have screwed myself

*autism intensifies*

Edited by luke viia

Just started a new Wolfenstein: The New Order playthrough. But I'm having technical issues with it not wanting to run in fullscreen, and when I do get it to, there's a big drop in framerate. I hear disabling DPI scaling fixes it, but it doesn't seem to for me. Oh well. I guess it's better to have optimal framerate in windowed mode than a slideshow on fullscreen. But I think the game was released prior to Windows 10, too.

Anyway, this is just to whet my appetite for the new one coming out in just over a week. Hopefully it won't have these same issues then.

Edited by ambermonk

Just started a new Wolfenstein: The New Order playthrough. But I'm having technical issues with it not wanting to run in fullscreen, and when I do get it to, there's a big drop in framerate. I hear disabling DPI scaling fixes it, but it doesn't seem to for me. Oh well. I guess it's better to have optimal framerate in windowed mode than a slideshow on fullscreen. But I think the game was released prior to Windows 10, too.

Anyway, this is just to whet my appetite for the new one coming out in just over a week. Hopefully it won't have these same issues then.

regarding the framerate, silly/noob question but is it potentially a v-sync issue? Disable v-sync in game and force "v-sync" fast in your video card console?

something to do with triple buffering and reg v sync limiting FPS to your refresh rate, usually drops it down from 60+ to 30ish. In general I seem to run proper FPS with no screen tearing by forcing v sync fast and making sure triple buffering is on.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Helluva weekend for gaming in the Farr household:

Finally got my SNES Classic Mini

Switch firmware updated to use Bluetooth headsets

Fire Emblem Warriors out today

Super Mario Odyssey release next Friday

Great time to be a Nintendo fan.