IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just started a new Wolfenstein: The New Order playthrough. But I'm having technical issues with it not wanting to run in fullscreen, and when I do get it to, there's a big drop in framerate. I hear disabling DPI scaling fixes it, but it doesn't seem to for me. Oh well. I guess it's better to have optimal framerate in windowed mode than a slideshow on fullscreen. But I think the game was released prior to Windows 10, too.

Anyway, this is just to whet my appetite for the new one coming out in just over a week. Hopefully it won't have these same issues then.

regarding the framerate, silly/noob question but is it potentially a v-sync issue? Disable v-sync in game and force "v-sync" fast in your video card console?

something to do with triple buffering and reg v sync limiting FPS to your refresh rate, usually drops it down from 60+ to 30ish. In general I seem to run proper FPS with no screen tearing by forcing v sync fast and making sure triple buffering is on.

Enabled triple buffering, enabled vsync (tho I couldn't find any speed setting, just on/off toggle), and disabled my Intel display adapter so only the Nvidia one is enabled. Then set the game to fullscreen windowed mode in the menu screen. Now it's as optimized as it's going to get.

Thanks for the tip :)

Edited by ambermonk

on a whim (but mainly because I saw it had achievements added and had a sperg attack at the thought of not having this game of all games "perfect"), I reinstalled Half-Life 2 and played through it over the weekend. first time revisiting this after almost 10 years. I realised that the reason I played through this game so many times when it first came out - literally 30-40 times, I can still predict every single twist and turn - was not just the obsession with its universe and story but also because the combat was so good. proper difficult on Hard. such a great game still. fuck you, Valve.

gonna replay the Eps 1-2 next. then re-do Portal 1 & 2.

Are there any half life 2 updates to take advantage of modern graphics card?

You have to to a few tweaks with the built in character tool to de-'horny teenager'-ize a few characters but Cinematic Mod 2013 would be your best bet:

http://cinematicmod.com/cinematic_mod_2013.php

It seems like there's been progress to update the Cinematic Mod further but I've not tried this fork of the mod - http://www.moddb.com/mods/cinematic-mod-awakening

Nintendo to finally announce news about the Animal Crossing mobile game this Wednesday.

NeoGAF forum is down due to allegations of sexual assault against forum admin.

All of Cinematic Mods' character models are an absolute abomination

But otherwise yeah it's got some great graphical updates

Yeah, definitely switch all the main characters to the HD 'original' models, the replacement enemies etc. are all fine mind.

Are there any half life 2 updates to take advantage of modern graphics card?

You have to to a few tweaks with the built in character tool to de-'horny teenager'-ize a few characters but Cinematic Mod 2013 would be your best bet:

http://cinematicmod.com/cinematic_mod_2013.php

It seems like there's been progress to update the Cinematic Mod further but I've not tried this fork of the mod - http://www.moddb.com/mods/cinematic-mod-awakening

DISGOSTEN

Finally beat Shadowrun Returns on Android. Went thru a period this month where I shelved it for a while, but the last few days things were picking up and getting more interesting. Not unlike a mystery/suspense novel towards the end. And the game was literally two dollars. For a mobile game you can't ask for a better deal.

So have a game that plays like the original Fallout but with XCOM's (Firaxis) combat interface. And it's set in what Seattle would be like in a Deus Ex game (Invisible War doesn't count, that one was shit) with Elder Scrolls-like elements thrown in. That's what Shadowrun basically is.

Would play again. Just bought SR: Dragonfall on Google Play and SR: Hong Kong on Steam simultaneously. Reviews look promising for both, but will try Dragonfall next.

Edited by ambermonk

my sperg attack has now progressed to the point of trying to get 100% achievements for as many games in my library as I can, and also actually spending time and money on collecting trading cards and crafting badges on Steam :facepalm: fml.

my biannual playthrough of riven. the best game in all the land. cautiously excited by the starry expanse project but listening to them talk about it seriously hurts my brain because they are such insufferable dorks. in the bad way.

I seem to remember having a bit of a nightmare cracking Riven (the continual CD changes didn't help), but Exile (is that the third one?) I somehow managed to whizz through without any walkthrough hints.

my biannual playthrough of riven. the best game in all the land. cautiously excited by the starry expanse project but listening to them talk about it seriously hurts my brain because they are such insufferable dorks. in the bad way.

omg i forgot about the starry expanse project, really hope they see that through to the end

did anybody here play obduction? (it's 50% off on steam right now)

Nintendo to finally announce news about the Animal Crossing mobile game this Wednesday.

NeoGAF forum is down due to allegations of sexual assault against forum admin.

My AC playing days ended with the DS, but I'm sure it will sell shitloads on mobile.