IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

finally killed Mom in Rebirth.

Great moment :)

it was so cathartic. it took me 15 hours of time investment to really get the hang of this game (yes, I am a responsible grown man). finally started to get it.

now I've killed Mom's Heart about 5-6 times and killed the Devil twice. Azazel is the business, he's my preferred character now. one time I got this ridiculous combination with him where his attack was this giant ever-present circle that could move around the room and wipe everything in it out in 2-3 seconds.

I read someone itt say ages ago that the game is a bit too random though and I actually agree. some runs you just know are going to be wasted because you just haven't lucked into the right combo.

skillors have proven that you can beat any run with the right amount of skill, patience, and game sense though. i think the record is around 900 runs for playing on hard mode with random character selection, not including the lost or the keeper.

Edited by messiaen

me neither. i have a depressing 4700 hours logged on that game. i stopped playing when my laptop broke 6 months ago, and that includes all the times i left it running while not playing it, but still. 

new tenchu? man i hope it's a new tenchu

and yeah death stranding looks like some kojima shit for sure

Now thats a hell of a tease...

Yeah either gonna be Tenchu (Based off the Japanese looking writiing and drum sound) or some sort of reboot of their Shadow Tower game.

The device is interesting though, some sort of prosthetic for a bare skeleton?

me neither. i have a depressing 4700 hours logged on that game. i stopped playing when my laptop broke 6 months ago, and that includes all the times i left it running while not playing it, but still. 

holy shit. that's over 4 times as much as my most-played game (TF2, with 980 hours).

finally killed Mom in Rebirth.

Great moment :)

it was so cathartic. it took me 15 hours of time investment to really get the hang of this game (yes, I am a responsible grown man). finally started to get it.

now I've killed Mom's Heart about 5-6 times and killed the Devil twice. Azazel is the business, he's my preferred character now. one time I got this ridiculous combination with him where his attack was this giant ever-present circle that could move around the room and wipe everything in it out in 2-3 seconds.

I read someone itt say ages ago that the game is a bit too random though and I actually agree. some runs you just know are going to be wasted because you just haven't lucked into the right combo.

That's the part where you start holding "R" to reroll your run if your starting item feels too weak (which quickly turns into "if your starting item isn't OP") !

you playin' on xbox? the pc test server's been live with the new map for a few days. it feels like a totally different game. sucks that the lobbies seem to glitch out all the fuckin' time right now though. i can't seem to get into a lobby with my buddy more than once per day. hope that shit's sorted by the time 1.0 hits on the 20th. even just adding vaulting to the first map adds a whole new dimension to it. 

How the hell has anyone beaten Bloodborne? I've been working on this game for like 5 months.

By gittin' gud. ;)

It does take some effort to play how they force you to play, that's for sure. Still need to do another playthrough, if I could quit writing music.

you playin' on xbox? the pc test server's been live with the new map for a few days. it feels like a totally different game. sucks that the lobbies seem to glitch out all the fuckin' time right now though. i can't seem to get into a lobby with my buddy more than once per day. hope that shit's sorted by the time 1.0 hits on the 20th. even just adding vaulting to the first map adds a whole new dimension to it. 

Yup, Xbox... it's janky as shit, but it's part of the charm.

How the hell has anyone beaten Bloodborne? I've been working on this game for like 5 months.

By gittin' gud. ;)

It does take some effort to play how they force you to play, that's for sure. Still need to do another playthrough, if I could quit writing music.

How the hell has anyone beaten Bloodborne?  I've been working on this game for like 5 months.

Where you stuck at?

I made it all the way to the Nightmare of Mensis and couldn't make it past that first lantern stretch where you have to run past Frenzy Tower, boulder chucking guys, and beasts that spawn a bunch of worms when you kill them.  I think the issue was that I very poorly invested levelling up weapons that were too slow and didn't suit my playstyle (Boomhammer & Ludwig Sword), so by the time I got to this part it was just pure frustration.

I started a new character to upgrade/level up more wisely now that I understand the systems of the game.  This time I'm fully upgrading the saw spear & starting axe.  I actually did the exact same thing in Dark Souls 2 my first time through... made it 75% of the way through the game and realized that, in my ignorance, I invested all my resources horribly, then started over doing it more wisely and having way more fun.

On character #2 I'm already up to the second half of the forbidden woods again and finding that snake bros are going down in half as many hits, and bosses I already beat are going down first or second try now (as is normal for a souls game once you 'learn' it).  From the videos I've seen I'm probably going to have some real trouble with the DLC bosses.

Edited by autopilot

The saw spear, and in particular the axe, are very decent weapons, no reason they can't take you to the end of the game.

The Nightmare of Mensis is tough, don't feel down! Protip for the weird beasts that burst out worms - if the killing blow involves fire in some way, they won't spawn worms.

I have actually been playing through BB recently with a bloodtinge build - weak as hell to start but you become a damage dealing monster as your BT stat gets to 50. Though currently getting my ass kicked by Ludwig, forgot how tough the DLC is.

For bloodtinge, C H I K A G E, hands down. Just keep high VIT as BT scaling only works when it's transformed and draining your HP.

Simon's Bowblade and the Bloodletter are good too but they're not available until way into the DLC.

Arcane can use a lot of stuff effectively depending on the build. I had an arcaney character that did most of the game with the Tonitrus. Like the Chikage though, keep in mind your buff scaling only comes into play when you 'activate' it. I think the Boom Hammer, Wheel, and Moonlight Sword are good arcane choices as well.