IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I made it all the way back to the part in Bloodborne I was stuck at.  This time with more knowledge of the systems, put everything into STR + SKL and levelled up the saw cleaver & axe to +9 each.  I'm stuck at the exact same fucking place again.  1st boss of the DLC (Ludwig) and the 1st lantern stretch of Nightmare Of Mensis.  I only have 2 insight left so I can't summon for Ludwig (is there any way to 'farm' insight??), and the hunter on the bridge in Mensis after the room full of spiders killed me like 10 times in a row last night.

Fuck this game.

will totally try again tonight

:D

Have you put any gems into the weapons? Are you using consumables? Are you parrying? (you may've answered some of this on the last page, I'm lazy sorry) These are all keys to success: you don't need to do all (or any) of those things, but they're often ignored in Souls games, and any one or combo of them can really start to tip the scale in your direction.

Farming insight: PvP and/or dungeons. Have you done the dungeons at all?

That hunter past the spider room in Mensis is a bastard, but you can and will take him down. IIRC, his tells are pretty telegraphed and so you should be able to avoid many of his attacks (I know that sort of advice can be frustrating, sorry), but that's really the easiest way to avoid dying. Some of the hunters you have to play back and forth with them, not TOO aggressive or too timid. It's a little different when most other enemies in the game have you trained to be super aggressive at all times, but with hunters, as with bosses, you need to assess and watch and play chess with them.

Are you referencing the wikis? I'd say don't do it until you're stuck in a spot, but that's where you seem to be in some regards. Don't look at more than you NEED to know though, that spoils the fun :)

I made it all the way back to the part in Bloodborne I was stuck at.  This time with more knowledge of the systems, put everything into STR + SKL and levelled up the saw cleaver & axe to +9 each.  I'm stuck at the exact same fucking place again.  1st boss of the DLC (Ludwig) and the 1st lantern stretch of Nightmare Of Mensis.  I only have 2 insight left so I can't summon for Ludwig (is there any way to 'farm' insight??), and the hunter on the bridge in Mensis after the room full of spiders killed me like 10 times in a row last night.

Fuck this game.

will totally try again tonight

:D

Have you put any gems into the weapons? Are you using consumables? Are you parrying? (you may've answered some of this on the last page, I'm lazy sorry) These are all keys to success: you don't need to do all (or any) of those things, but they're often ignored in Souls games, and any one or combo of them can really start to tip the scale in your direction.

Farming insight: PvP and/or dungeons. Have you done the dungeons at all?

That hunter past the spider room in Mensis is a bastard, but you can and will take him down. IIRC, his tells are pretty telegraphed and so you should be able to avoid many of his attacks (I know that sort of advice can be frustrating, sorry), but that's really the easiest way to avoid dying. Some of the hunters you have to play back and forth with them, not TOO aggressive or too timid. It's a little different when most other enemies in the game have you trained to be super aggressive at all times, but with hunters, as with bosses, you need to assess and watch and play chess with them.

Are you referencing the wikis? I'd say don't do it until you're stuck in a spot, but that's where you seem to be in some regards. Don't look at more than you NEED to know though, that spoils the fun :)

I actually got pretty decent at parrying in this 2nd run though the game I've been much better at parrying, and used it heavily with viscerals to defeat Gascoigne, Henryk, Logarius, and almost all the hunter fights.  I've min-maxed the fuck out of the weapons with gems too so that they pmuch 1 or 2-hit any enemy that's not in the nightmare realms.  I'm not stuck like "don't know what to do/where to go" stuck, I'm stuck like "within 3 seconds of approaching this dude he uses some type of spray cloud right-hand weapon that stunlocks & kills me".  

I completely forgot chalice dungeons were even a thing.  I only played like 10 seconds of one.  Thanks for the heads up!  Do you have to consume insight to invade someone?

I just consulted the internet and it looks like the first shortcut is immediately after him, so I think tonight I'll try running past him, unlocking it, then fighting him so it's quicker to retrieve souls/try again.

The Souls games are some kind of amazing because I can't think of anything else besides Ninja Gaiden Black/NG2 that I was ok with them frustrating & punishing me to this level and kept coming back for more.  They actually got me heavily back into games after a multi-year absence, but only Souls games.  Nothing else I've tried recently has held my interest, with it's big glowing "go here to win" arrows and "press X to not die" gameplay.  Here's hoping Shadows Die Twice keeps up the quality. 

Edited by autopilot

Okay, parrying and gems are good, you're good, just double checking basically :) I totally forgot about his spray mist shit, some consumables/magic that you can launch from a distance might be a good idea. Wiki mentions his close attacks are relatively easy to parry so if you can rush him when he's not using the spray you should be able to get some damage in, hang back, fire off some bombs or whatever, head back in, repeat. It's been a bit, but I seem to remember being able to dodge around the spray cloud relatively easy and just attacking him from behind when he started doing that and wasn't just spraying wildly.

Unlocking the shortcut then taking him down is totally a good strat though, nothing wrong with that. You do have to consume insight to PvP, so it's not necessarily a great way to farm unless you're good at it...however helping other players beat bosses can be. Spend one insight to get summoned, beat a boss and get 3 or so, repeat. Beating bosses in dungeons is easy too, get insight there.

Curious to see what Shadows Die Twice refers to. Should be interesting whatever it is, Tenchu, BB2, new souls-like IP, whatever, if it keeps us coming back to the games for the challenge and the fun, then I'm glad with whatever it is.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is currently ruining my life

I've been meaning to get this on PS4 - I'm currently playing Arkanoid vs Space Invaders on iOS - really fun mashup of the two games, and some really cool gameplay concepts in it. I also like the unlockable characters that can give you boosts at certain times.

i tried the demo and i don't like how you have to hit a button for the block to fall faster. i guess a lot of the newer tetris' have been like that. do you get used to it? i mostly play tetris on gameboy and the snes(dr mario and tetris)

i tried the demo and i don't like how you have to hit a button for the block to fall faster. i guess a lot of the newer tetris' have been like that. do you get used to it? i mostly play tetris on gameboy and the snes(dr mario and tetris)

If you press "up" it falls immediately. I don't know if that solves your issue, but i find that it works great!

Also, you can turn off the "ghost" blocks that show you where your piece is going to land if you want that true oldschool vibe

Edited by Auditor

If you press "up" it falls immediately. I don't know if that solves your issue, but i find that it works great!

Also, you can turn off the "ghost" blocks that show you where your piece is going to land if you want that true oldschool vibe

thanks auditor, maybe i'll grab that demo again if it's still available.

Edited by yek

Wolfenstein 2- just a couple hours in. Didn’t play the first, have no idea what’s happening, it’s comically bad but I’m having a blast

I recommend playing The New Order first so you can better understand what's going on. But as long as you're having fun that's all that matters.

I was playing Mega Man X for the first time in ages a couple of days ago on my brother's SNES Classic and already defeated four bosses. But I ran out of time before I could continue. Good thing I saved the 12-digit pass code tho. Might have to get my own SNES Classic after New Year's.

Finally beat Horizon Zero Dawn. I got close to 100%, but not all the way. Took me 80 hours. Really great game. Best I have played in a while.

I'm going to try Prey next.

Cuphead is great.

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is somewhat playable now, and seems to be nearing completion. My money wasn't wasted! If you bought it and forgot about it, give it a try, it's come a long way since it was launched.

Platinum'ed Drakengard 3. It's the first game I've ever Plat'ed. Not the best Yoko Taro game, but I had my fun.

Bought the DLC for NieR:Automata, after months of back-and-forthing on it. At this point, I'll take any extra Taro story I can.

Prey was great, enjoy. 

I'd recommend playing it on the hardest setting. The challenge made it so much better.

I just got back into gaming last year, and have avoided notoriously hard games. Only game I played on hard so far was Bioshock: Infinite (felt right until last big battle, which took forever to beat). So, is this a recommendation because the game is too easy, or because you're the type that enjoys really hard games?

^ that was one of the things I just bought, but I'm waiting til next winter (in Aus) to get into that cos... that's how I've always done it. I like playing it when I'm rugged up.

^^ I also have the Fire Fades edition of DS3 but have been waiting to dive in until I beat Bloodborne.  Can only handle 1 souls game at a time.

Finally made it past the difficulty wall in Bloodborne I was stuck at.  I'm 3 shortcuts into the Nightmare of Mensis and beat Ludwig in the Old Hunter's DLC.  Now I'm getting my ass handed to me by a group of 4 shadows-of-Yharnam in the upper levels of Mergo's loft.

I was stuck on Ludwig in ng+ for about 6 months and finally gave up.  Had to reroll a new character to enjoy the DLC at normal difficulty.  Also recently a friend & I made fresh characters on Bloodborne and are co-op'ng as much of the game together as is possible.  I'm trying out a bloodtinge build for the first time.  So far it's very fun playing through with someone, plus my friend is way more into the lore than I am so I'm learning tons.

Also, GT Sport just released an offline career mode similar to the old Gran Turismo.  And they've been patching in new cars a lot lately.  Bought a 21-window VW bus, and a 67 Chevy Nova last night and spent about 2 hours painting & tuning them up.  As far as racing games go, gt sport has surpassed the original as my favorite racing game.

My friend that gave me The Last Of Us for Christmas last year surprised me with Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades edition yesterday and my quest has begun.

attachicon.gifLothric3.jpg

Just throw your last firebomb at that Tower. Shortcut to the credits.

RE7 in vr. Shit is almost too intense. If I stop posting here, I gave myself a heart attack.

RE7 in vr. Shit is almost too intense. If I stop posting here, I gave myself a heart attack.

nothing in videogaming compares to how incredible this is.

speaking of which, I need to download the not a hero dlc and fire up the psvr again