IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Word. We could always use more...so long as they're not Bandits or Monolith.

Anyway, as for Dark Souls (yes, Dark Souls), apparently the game actually helped someone thru a deep depression and prevented them from committing suicide, according to a YT vid I watched the other day.
I did try DS once (two years ago I think). I played for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before I lost interest. So while it isn't my cup of tea personally, perhaps I'm starting to see it in a new light. If it brings challenge an excitement to a vast array of players, and even save lives...who am I to complain?

Wasn't it a magic the gathering card game or something like that? I'm not excited.

Oh. Dota 2 card game I think is what it was.

I don't think anyone's surprised at this rate. But I do feel sorry for all the people who paid for Hunt Down The Refund Freeman, not knowing what to expect aside from a fan-made HL expansion.

I started Nier: Automata. Have never played a game quite like this.

Me too! Very weird game, but so far interesting.

I just downloaded this today. Even with the glowing reviews, gameplay vids made me believe I still wouldn't enjoy the game. 

I was very wrong

I bought Nier: Automata when it was finally on sale last week or so. haven't had time to dig into it yet. still futzing around with The Binding of Isaac.

I bought Nier: Automata when it was finally on sale last week or so. haven't had time to dig into it yet. still futzing around with The Binding of Isaac.

I'm only a few hours in, but it is really fuckin good so far

Just got done playing through the shareware version preview of Ion Maiden. And I must say I'm pretty impressed so far.

Runs on the same original Build engine that Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood did back in the day. But the amount of detail that went into this one might even surpass them. The tongue-in-cheek humor in the billboards posted around the second map are a nice touch too.

Moss_20180224103334.jpg

Just beat Moss, a VR 3rd person puzzler/combat game where you (the reader) manipulate the environment while simultaneously fighting off enemies with an adorable mouse named Quill. The levels look amazing, the combat became surprisingly fun, and some of the puzzles actually require some time to solve.  Also, it really just further cemented how much better VR gaming is than basic gaming is at this point. It's way better. 

Can't wait until we get a full-blown rpg or souls type game for VR

Yeah, I really liked it as well, I wish it was a bit longer though. There's always Skyrim VR, but I'm not sure if I want to go through all that again.

Edited by Gocab

There's always Skyrim VR, but I'm not sure if I want to go through that again.

Yeah, I'll pass. We need some fresh content from the bigger developers. What other games have you been playing in VR that you would recommend? 

Resident Evil 7, statik and super hot are probably my favourites. I really liked accounting+ as well, but it's super short and there's not really a lot to do or see once you've played it. If you're not into the humour it's probably worthless.

Rec Room is actually worth checking out (it's free) for shits and giggles, it's an online multiplayer thing with a bunch of minigames.

Edited by Gocab

gonna check out rec room. a wipeout collection is on sale and will have vr support patched in later. I'm considering buying that. Also, i heard knockout league and sprint vector are fun.

Ah, yes. I'll probably grab the Wipeout collection sooner or later. I'm hoping for some meatier games as well, a lot of VR stuff is rather clumsy and shallow at the moment, shame really. I can see why the big game studios aren't spending a fortune developing games for such a small install base, it's definitely a catch-22.

Guest Ovitus

Onward is great if you own a Vive. Definitely the future in terms of tactical realism and military simulation. If that's too slow, I'd jump into Pavlov, which is basically Counter-Strike VR.

Wish I had a vive too, but I only have PSVR. Wound up buying Statik on sale for $8 gonna  give that a try. I was going to buy the wipeout collection for like $15-20 but that sale just ended :(