IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

idgaf. streamers and stream culture are one of the worst things in existence atm.

I couldn't agree more.

I do find speed runs extremely fascinating though.

idgaf. streamers and stream culture are one of the worst things in existence atm.

I couldn't agree more.

speedruns bother me because its mostly finding ways to not play the game

I couldn't agree more.

speedruns bother me because its mostly finding ways to not play the game

Or perfecting playing the game.

But yeah, it's very much its own thing.

I have a Twitch, but only use it to upload pre-recorded gameplay. Tried streaming once thru OBS but it didn't work out.

And speedruns really only work with certain games like Super Mario IMO, that are already on a time limit. I think it's pointless with open-world games.

yeah i saw a witcher 3 one pop up the other day. completely and utterly pointless game to speedrun. 

lol

kind of like cheating at a "choose your own adventure" book? 

witcher 3 speed run? wouldn't approximately 25% of it consist of button mashing through dialogue?

Beat the first level on statik. It seems pretty interesting so far. Broke down and also bought Knockout League, super fun and a surprisingly decent workout believe it or not. It's been a while since I've been in the boxing gym but the padwork and training alley segments are way more intense and enjoyable than i thought they would be. It also has a calorie counter to give you an estimate on how you're performing. Been switching between orthodox and southpaw for more of a challenge and balanced exercise. Just won my first fight in the game and it felt great to beat some big punch out universe shannon the cannon briggs looking dude who would have landed me in ICU irl.

Hmmm... Sounds decent, I was under the impression it was a rather shallow game, but if there's actually a fun challenge there I might pick it up. Boxing with the headset on doesn't feel uncomfortable?

Edited by Gocab

Hmmm... Sounds decent, I was under the impression it was a rather shallow game, but if there's actually a fun challenge there I might pick it up. Boxing with the headset on doesn't feel uncomfortable?

If you're not big on boxing games I wouldn't outright recommend it because I'm probably biased here, especially especially when you consider its price point of $30. The tracking has been surprisingly good (i only play it standing up) and as far as the headset it's actually not that uncomfortable although you will work up a sweat and occasionally hit the headset with the moves when you return to your guard or throw a bad uppercut,etc. It's definitely a challenge though. Pad work will test your memory and reflex alley, as its name implies, will test exactly that (

)Thats my favorite part of the game so far. 

I bought Nier: Automata when it was finally on sale last week or so. haven't had time to dig into it yet. still futzing around with The Binding of Isaac.

I'm only a few hours in, but it is really fuckin good so far

I got a chance to play for a few hours more yesterday - I'm in the desert. Things are getting weirder in this game... I like it!

I bought Nier: Automata when it was finally on sale last week or so. haven't had time to dig into it yet. still futzing around with The Binding of Isaac.

I got a chance to play for a few hours more yesterday - I'm in the desert. Things are getting weirder in this game... I like it!

I'm a bit further ahead and it continues to get weirder than that. I don't really understand the weapons options, but I'm still slaying fools.

Got 25 percent off on my purchase of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Nightdive Studios remaster) on Steam because I own the first game. So that was a nice deal.

Old school shooters are still the best kind of FPS IMO. And I'm glad there's been a resurgence of that style lately with indie games this year, especially with Dusk and Ion Maiden. But that doesn't mean I'll stop playing games from other genres. In fact, I'm still tempted to try Into The Breach at some point.

As for Fortnite, I'm feeling burnt out already. But I still haven't touched Battle Royale, only STW. Seems like every mission it's just scavenge for crafting resources, build a fort around sensitive asset, ring the bell when you're ready for the zombie things to attack, barely repel the attack, rinse, repeat.

Fortnite was alright but I watched a couple of games to the end and the game becomes people hiding in towers trying to snipe each other. I definitely wouldn't have the patience even if I did make it that far.

downloaded fortnite, played a few games. 90 percent running inland, 10 percent missing people then getting killed, then waiting 8 minutes to get back in the game. its not for me. 

Yeah. I played a handful of games and at no point found myself enjoying it. At least it looks like it's doing something kinda different though.

is it? how's it different from other last-man-standing shooters?

Been working my way through the Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn, excellent add-on in an overall great and underrated game. It's been a while since I jumped back to this and I'd forgotten just how much fun the combat is in this game. Might have to do a NG+ run through

I'm just reliving my childhood of walking down country lanes on a Sunday afternoon with Sunday Afternoon Simulator 2015 (aka Everybody Has Gone To The Rapture)

C_urBHTXkAAn25Z.jpg

DBfz7zhXsAEg6eB.jpg

DBgEpNzWAAAkhzO.jpg

DYmLmHtX0AAve6e.jpg

DYmLoRtW0AAQxcV.jpg

DYmLnZgX4AAvGI0.jpg

I'm a bit further ahead and it continues to get weirder than that. I don't really understand the weapons options, but I'm still slaying fools.

Got to play quite a bit more... getting weirder (although a bit predictable now in terms of plot). Some beautiful environments.

The weapon options become clearer as you upgrade them - it's typical JRPG stuff.

Yeah. I played a handful of games and at no point found myself enjoying it. At least it looks like it's doing something kinda different though.

is it? how's it different from other last-man-standing shooters?

not that familiar with the genre but just the ability to rapidly build structures for cover/traps/vantage points. its my first time ever seeing that in a game.