IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

thumper is 60% off on steam... tempted. worth it?

i got that email too... i'll probably jump on it. seems harmless enough and only $7. steam refunds are great too. play it less than 2 hrs and you can refund it if you don't like it.

BmykxUU.jpg

The funny thing is, they already have this (called a Genesis HD Flashback) and SEGA has already said the innards of this Mini MD will be the same crappy android emulator software that powers the Genesis HD Flashback.

i got that email too... i'll probably jump on it. seems harmless enough and only $7. steam refunds are great too. play it less than 2 hrs and you can refund it if you don't like it.

Yeah definitely worth the $7 - Kinda a hybrid of Rez, Audiosurf and BitTrip Runner. Definitely the prettiest game my aging laptop can handle

The funny thing is, they already have this (called a Genesis HD Flashback) and SEGA has already said the innards of this Mini MD will be the same crappy android emulator software that powers the Genesis HD Flashback.

And am I right in thinking the FM synth emulation on that is real bad ?

And am I right in thinking the FM synth emulation on that is real bad ?

No gaming platform can surpass PC in the way of FM synthesis, especially with DOS games running Sound Blaster 16

No gaming platform can surpass PC in the way of FM synthesis

OPL2 (Soundblaster) vs OPN2 (Megadrive/Genesis) is a very close thing, don't think I could make the call of which is 'better' ...

yeah, i think for me it's the same excitement as the minines and minisnes: i could've just build a raspberry-pi or i could just get the mini that looks like the classic gaming system. i wonder if they'll release a 32x mini that clips onto the megadrive/genesis mini and forces you to build a small tower of retro emulation heaven

there's a CookieClicker update.

fuck.

Don't I fucking know it .... Been completely eating up my productivity for the last couple of months, totally thought I'd escaped its grasp a couple of years ago.

Yeah definitely worth the $7 - Kinda a hybrid of Rez, Audiosurf and BitTrip Runner. Definitely the prettiest game my aging laptop can handle

cheers, sold.

there's a CookieClicker update.

fuck.

Don't I fucking know it .... Been completely eating up my productivity for the last couple of months, totally thought I'd escaped its grasp a couple of years ago.

ohno lol

I have clicker heroes running in the background already, how many browser exponential games can I play at once?

The keyboard doesn't work on it  :wang:

yeah saw that. disappointing. also, there's supposedly a lag between using the joystick and response on screen (supposedly its very minor but still not perfect emulation)

i'm just a sucker for retrogaming

Superhot. Fun as fuck but probably the most annoying tracking issues I've had in VR.

Accounting+. This cost like $9 with the pan sale and was completely worth the price of admission. Just a really fucked up, ridiculous experience with a lot of hidden things to explore and mess around with. Played through it like 4 times already and happened upon some different shit and secret areas every time.

Finally finished Dark Souls 3 for the first time (still have to beat the DLCs !). Awesome game really, deserves all the praise it got... I hadn't been that excited about a game since my Diablo 2 days lol.

The Remaster Switch edition has been delayed so I still have some time to explore a bit deeper or even start a NG+ before discovering DS1 !

The keyboard doesn't work on it  :wang:

yeah saw that. disappointing. also, there's supposedly a lag between using the joystick and response on screen (supposedly its very minor but still not perfect emulation)

i'm just a sucker for retrogaming

Apparently also it's currently a right pain to add new games to it - you have to stick one game at a time on a USB stick, name it something specific, import it, then rinse-repeat. Could get sorted with a firmware update though.

So many of these micro-consoles (excluding the Nintendo ones .. I think) are just custom Linux/Android OSs anyway so I don't see the point in getting them rather than just buying a RasperryPi and dumping an EmulationStation image on it

o f f i c i a l l y

l i c e n s e d

T M

it definitely goes for the nintendo ones as well for sure. absolutely no reason not to just get a pi3 and have all these fucking mini consoles and more for much less (but this gets said every time mini consoles are brought up)

^^ lol yeah that too- although tbh i don't even think i'd add games. i remember when i played c64 back in the day i was too young to figure out how to play the games, not to mention i remember the games not being very "non-programmer-friendly" i.e. you had to type stuff in etc. 

i always had this sinking feeling that i was missing out on some really amazing games- but i could never figure out how to play them

Funnily enough when I was a '64-er I actually spent most of my time (would've been aged around 7-9) mainly 'typing stuff in' as you could either buy a game for £3+ or get a book full of games for the same price. Was too young to realise the type-in games were actually rubbish!

finished my first campaign of This War of Mine, an indie sims-alike that puts the player in the shoes of a group of civilians struggling to survive during a conflict. I barely managed to survive the war with only 1 out my 4 characters alive. two were shot during night-time scavenging, one died of the winter cold, and the last one nearly "broke" (a depression game mechanic which can cause characters to become completely apathetic).

I've never really played a game that had me on the edge every turn quite like this, it was really something. I couldn't play it for too long at a time. had to make difficult choices and take risks on a daily basis just to survive, and there were often consequences. this game was inspired by the Sarajevo siege in the 90s and imo it really hits the mark with what it tries to do, props to the studio (these Polish indie studios have made something of a name for themselves, innit?)

really recommend it.

finished my first campaign of This War of Mine, an indie sims-alike that puts the player in the shoes of a group of civilians struggling to survive during a conflict. I barely managed to survive the war with only 1 out my 4 characters alive. two were shot during night-time scavenging, one died of the winter cold, and the last one nearly "broke" (a depression game mechanic which can cause characters to become completely apathetic).

I've never really played a game that had me on the edge every turn quite like this, it was really something. I couldn't play it for too long at a time. had to make difficult choices and take risks on a daily basis just to survive, and there were often consequences. this game was inspired by the Sarajevo siege in the 90s and imo it really hits the mark with what it tries to do, props to the studio (these Polish indie studios have made something of a name for themselves, innit?)

really recommend it.

Got it for free with a PSN update some time ago, but got frustrated with loss of progress due to a game save bug. 

^^ lol yeah that too- although tbh i don't even think i'd add games. i remember when i played c64 back in the day i was too young to figure out how to play the games, not to mention i remember the games not being very "non-programmer-friendly" i.e. you had to type stuff in etc. 

i always had this sinking feeling that i was missing out on some really amazing games- but i could never figure out how to play them

C64 was my first ever experience with a PC. As far as starting up the games, all I remember is that you had to type in the command "LOAD" in order to run them. And of course you had to insert the floppy disk first. (the actual floppy ones, not the hard case)

I think Impossible Mission was my favorite game for it back then. There were also Space Taxi, Frogger, Scramble, Rambo, Loom...even a Bionic Commando C64 port.