IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Really disliked The Witcher 3, so switched to Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Trying to go all stealth on hard. Some of the contracts seem impossible to do stealth.

How's Watmm enjoying the new God Of War? 

dbc7p7gu8aajzno3iu5q.jpg

Only a few hours in so far, but it already looks and feels a bit special. I haven't played anything God of War since II on PS2, and even then I had no particular affection towards the series, yet I'm enjoying it a lot. There is more drama and intensity in the first 15 minutes than I was anticipating (the benefits of adopting a complete media blackout for the game prior to release). Will get some more played soon.

Edited by jasondonervan

I may or may not have have reserved a PS4 Pro including God of War

Good for you - hope you have a HDR 4K TV to leverage it - supposedly the best way to play Dad of War on PS4 Pro is to play it at 1080 with higher frame rate and better antialiasing.

I may or may not have have reserved a PS4 Pro including God of War

Good for you - hope you have a HDR 4K TV to leverage it - supposedly the best way to play Dad of War on PS4 Pro is to play it at 1080 with higher frame rate and better antialiasing.

I do. I saw some 1080p vs 4k framerate comparisons and I'm definitely gonna go for 1080p

=D

Imbroglio just got a new expansion... so I've been obsessing over that for the last week or so... 

=P

Templar Battleforce, Heroes of Steel and Death Road to Canada also all got some great updates over this last week... I've only briefly checked out DRtC though... 

Too many games... not enough free time...

=X

I'm so close to spending $60 on god of war

Get it on Amazon Prime for 48.00

Boo bought me the God of War edition PS4 Pro for my bday, should be here next week, can't wait!

That's awesome!

https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-remastered-is-half-price-for-owners-of-the-original-pc-game-after-all/

In January, despite some confusion, Bandai Namco assured us existing owners of the original Dark Souls would not receive money off its incoming Remastered edition. Now, the publisher has confirmed that they will. 

Billed as a "loyalty discount", owners of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition can pick up Dark Souls: Remastered at half-price when it hits Steam on May 25, 2018. 

Moreover, the Prepare to Die Edition—which costs £20/$20 at present and comes with the base game's DLC—will be removed from Valve's digital storefront entirely as of May 9. It will however remain playable for existing owners.

I'm so close to spending $60 on god of war

Get it on Amazon Prime for 48.00

Boo bought me the God of War edition PS4 Pro for my bday, should be here next week, can't wait!

That's awesome!

hi Joyrex, do you have a link for that, I'm currently using a free month trial of Prime, but can't find the deal.

After a month and about 50 hours, I finally beat Far Cry 5. The ending was

Anticlimactic as fuck. If you go with the Resist option in dealing with Joseph Seed, he still wins in the end. And all your friends die in nuclear fire, yet you somehow survive. I thought it was bullshit overall TBH. Haven't gone with the Walk Away option yet though. Think I'll do a second playthrough and do it then at the end.

But as the saying goes, the journey beats the destination.

Regardless, it's still a genuinely fun game. Also looking forward to the DLCs and more Far Cry Arcade maps. Might even consider building my own.

Not checking that spoiler but I am very much enjoying Far Cry 5.  I've been consistently impressed with the series since Ubi took it over, especially the balls to go as heady & provocative as they do with their plotlines.

Counting down the days to Dark Souls Remastered.  Still haven't beaten 3... getting my ass handed to me in Irithyll.

Counting down the days to Dark Souls Remastered.  Still haven't beaten 3... getting my ass handed to me in Irithyll.

Looking forward to playing the remaster at some point too...just may wait til it's on sale in a few months though. Everyone's saying good things about the remaster's quality so that's great.

Irithyll wasn't too bad, but definitely has a few stretches that are treacherous. What kind of build are you playing?

hmm...

an actual cool forum feature would be to give you a warning when you're responding to the last post on a page

--------------------warning: page break--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to playing the remaster at some point too...just may wait til it's on sale in a few months though. Everyone's saying good things about the remaster's quality so that's great.

Irithyll wasn't too bad, but definitely has a few stretches that are treacherous. What kind of build are you playing?

I have a few builds but the one I got the furthest in (to Irithyll) is a dex sword & shield build.  I have an "easy mode" pyromancer build that I play on when I just want to have fun and not cry, but only made it to the Cathedral of the Deep with that one.

So I've received my PS4... I've hooked it up... I've bought Shadows of the Colossus... and I have no fucking desire to play anything.

Yup. Every time.

Ah, damn, dex should do you well enough there. Not sure what's tripping you up but of course the old method of run past everything until you make it to the next bonfire then backtrack is an option :) Ranged weapons helped me there, just a decent bow to trigger individuals or wear them down from far away at some of the mob areas. A fun area all around though imo. PVP was pretty hype there, could always get a friendly to help you through if you're just sick of it :P

played some frostpunk. very moody and atmospheric, nice artwork, writing and design. but gameplay wise, in the shadow of rimworld it seems very shallow and lacking replayability, it's all very linear and doesn't allow the player to entertain different play styles. the interface is also pretty bad and was probably the main reason i ditched it, you simply have a hard time getting the information you need to manage shit efficiently.

I’d say ….. it depends! I can definitely see people finding the whole thing a soulless slog, but for me the atmosphere of it that has kept me going for the 8+ hours (still have a chapter or two to go).

It’s *very* English, tonally it feels like if Threads crossed over with The Archers, but as a child of the 80s growing up and wandering around the same quaint village/towns for much of my life it had an instant emotional connection. It’s a huge step up from The Chinese Room’s previous Dear Ester, but definitely similar in tone – So if you played that and it did little for you then you may find this title lacking as well.

Just chiming in to say I finally got around to finishing this (Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) last night and absolutely loved it. Beautiful game too, I could explore those environments forever.

Was initially a bit fucked off to discover the lack of manual save (I lost 2hrs of gameplay early on) but then worked out significant events triggered the autosave, so I accommodated my sessions around that.