IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Didn't want to open another thread for that but anybody here grabbed Korg Gadget on Switch? I'd love to collaborate with some WATMMers on tracks over the web!

I'm so close to spending $60 on god of war

Get it on Amazon Prime for 48.00

Boo bought me the God of War edition PS4 Pro for my bday, should be here next week, can't wait!

That's awesome!

hi Joyrex, do you have a link for that, I'm currently using a free month trial of Prime, but can't find the deal.

Should be available to Prime members 20 days prior and 20 after release (the preorder price, 20% off) - are you in the US or UK? Might not apply to UK residents.

Newegg I think currently has it for that price too

Didn't want to open another thread for that but anybody here grabbed Korg Gadget on Switch? I'd love to collaborate with some WATMMers on tracks over the web!

i saw it recently but the review seemed to gripe about the fact that there was no cloud backup/export feature. didn't realize you could do remote collabs. i'm interested in it if it's possible.

looked it up on the korg site and didn't see anything about any easy way to collab remotely. demo videos is all pretty vague. supposedly the only way to export audio is to record from the line out -_-

i saw it recently but the review seemed to gripe about the fact that there was no cloud backup/export feature. didn't realize you could do remote collabs. i'm interested in it if it's possible.

looked it up on the korg site and didn't see anything about any easy way to collab remotely. demo videos is all pretty vague. supposedly the only way to export audio is to record from the line out -_-

Yeah looks like I misread the info on their website. You can work on a song on a split-screen mode up to 4 players, and you can also send/receive song files from a Switch to another (which could be a way to collab on a track, although I don't know if you can really send tracks where you want or if it's just some local emission which would be rather shitty).

However I really like that software despite all its limitations. It's exactly what I wanted it to be : a self-contained virtual studio within my Switch. It doesn't sound that bad and it's quite fun imho !

EDIT : and yeah you can only record the line out audio, which sucks but I assume this is more Nintendo's fault and I don't expect it to be fixed !

Edited by StocKo

Ikaruga out on Switch 4 weeks today, aww yiss

https://youtu.be/V8b2N-ONlqQ

finally got s++ on lvl 1 and 2 earlier this year (a+ on final), something i kept procrastinating to seriosuly try for the last ~15 years... now i srsly need a break before tackling 3 and 4 which are even lotsa fucks harder... this fucking game man. so beautiful tho...

Ikaruga out on Switch 4 weeks today, aww yiss

https://youtu.be/V8b2N-ONlqQ

finally got s++ on lvl 1 and 2 earlier this year (a+ on final), something i kept procrastinating to seriosuly try for the last ~15 years... now i srsly need a break before tackling 3 and 4 which are even lotsa fucks harder... this fucking game man. so beautiful tho...

I mostly left it behind during the Dreamcast days, despite grabbing on PC. I'll gladly triple dip for some sweet portable TATE action. My problem is I never sit down and devote myself to a single shmup for scoring or 1CC action, too much of a scenster, gotta be into all the oldies at once, hah. Had plans to dig deep into Muchi Muchi Pork soon, but with portable Ikaruga around the corner, I might have to see what I can do there instead.

devotion is the right word... according to my steam hours it took me approx. 40 hours just to get lvl 2 down, the same fucking 4 minutes over and over. at first i thought if i got the order in which enemies appear memorized the rest would come naturally (which took quite a while in itself... those fucking jet fighters in the beginning...) ... it didn't. i think half of that time was for the final jumps from s to s+ and s++ alone. this game does not fuck around. cuphead was a breeze in comparison in which i got every achievement in like 20 hours (didn't try to s all bosses tho).

enjoy :)

edit: dreamcast <3.

Edited by jaderpansen

The EU release date I was concerned about.  No more it seems.

I'll dip into this provided it's not at a ridiculous eshop price.

$14.99 in America monies.

I guess the Switch came out during my time away from here, the passage of time is kinda sobering... anyways, I've loved it since launch day. Some great games and moments, and perfect for throwing on a quick game of Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, ARMS or MK8D... gives me that 'arcade at home feel' I fondly remember having with the Dreamcast. The fact that it's also steadily becoming a home for a bunch of classic shmups makes it even better!

Got me some of those sweet-ass red joy-cons out of Japan (I think you can only get them in Odyssey hardware bundles in US/EU, not available separately), makes Switchy look so classy I feel like I should address if formally whenever I play it... "Hello Mr. Switch, what a fine day we're having!"

jcdred026wunt.png

dsc00330xns3f.png

dsc00333ltsku.png

dsc003370isxd.png

I really want new color joycons because I bought the grey bundle (no choice) but I can't justify paying so much extra money and I can't see myself ever having 4 person multiplayer

yeah, the ending of bioshock infinite was incredible. are they making more bioshocks, any news on that? must have been over 5 years since infinite now. 

yeah, the ending of bioshock infinite was incredible. are they making more bioshocks, any news on that? must have been over 5 years since infinite now. 

There were some news... well, unofficial news not long ago. It's weird though, because with the way Infinite ends they kinda wrap the whole BioShock universe up nicely.

But here are some rumours...

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-bioshock-game-is-reportedly-in-the-works-at-a-top-secret-2k-studio/

there were rumours in April that one of the 2K Studios might be working on a new game in the series but Ken Levine definitely isn't attached as he's moved on. so, dunno, can't see how it'd have the real soul of the series or the depth of storytelling and ideas that Levine usually brings.

Infinite is such a big fuck-you to standard video game expectations. it really turned the tables on what the average player expected from a story-driven FPS, in multiple ways.

I just beat Tacoma on PS4. Cool, indie scifi walking sim. Story was way better than the dev's first game Gone Home. Out on most platforms.

Star_fox_2_Official_Snes_Box_Art-300x219

this is on the SNES classic - haven't tried it out yet though.

correct. i think it's the only place where you can play it legally since it was never released.

btw: in order to play it, you have to play and finish the first stage of the original star fox