IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Why brand it "Hitman:2"?

Hitman 2 came out 15 or 16 years ago.

Why brand the new Doom game "Doom"? Why call it Battlefield 1? It doesn't matter.

I bet the average age of today's gamer is 15-18-years-old so they weren't even around when these games originally came out.

I'm kinda sad the new Hitman isn't episodic though. There was something extremely exciting about downloading your new "target" after having spent hours and hours and hours playing the previous levels.

if you liked rez infinite people involved in that are behind the new Tetris game coming to psvr

I'm sure it will feel magical

Also non-VR for the sheeple that didn't jump on that bandwagon - this might be the best version of Tetris yet (at least visually) since the ARIKA Tetris: The Grandmaster series of arcade games.

Why brand the new Doom game "Doom"? Why call it Battlefield 1? It doesn't matter.

I bet the average age of today's gamer is 15-18-years-old so they weren't even around when these games originally came out.

Fair enough, yeah. 

if you liked rez infinite people involved in that are behind the new Tetris game coming to psvr

I'm sure it will feel magical

Also non-VR for the sheeple that didn't jump on that bandwagon - this might be the best version of Tetris yet (at least visually) since the ARIKA Tetris: The Grandmaster series of arcade games.

Until I reread the 'at least visually' caveat, I was all  :catrage:

Reminds me I need to grab a copy of TGM Ace on 360 (Japan only)

Fair enough, yeah. 

yeah, i can completely understand how naming something hitman 9 is not that engaging for younger gamers, and i imagine 15-24 is the most profitable gamer market. 

Fair enough, yeah. 

yeah, i can completely understand how naming something hitman 9 is not that engaging for younger gamers, and i imagine 15-24 is the most profitable gamer market. 

It totally makes sense, especially given your comment here Mess. 

Finished the main story of GoW tonight, fucking great game. Now, to do all the side-quests and kill all the Valkyries...

Also dove back into the Dark Souls Remaster, hadn't played the first game in ages so it's fun to revisit with the new polished looks. 

Finished the main story of GoW tonight, fucking great game. Now, to do all the side-quests and kill all the Valkyries...

I was so bored near the end that I ended up changing the difficulty to "Easy" just to get it over with. Once the credit rolled across the screen I had absolutely zero interest in returning to the game and finish all the side quests.

What?! The story was great, and that seems to be common consensus. If you mixed in some of the sidequests on the way they added a lot to the lore, plus additional boss fights. Dumbing down the combat to easy takes away like the whole challenge and point of playing... If anything I'd bump it up! "Gimme God of War" mode is said to be a decent challenge, that rewards with gear you can only get in that mode. I'll probably try tackling that after my run-through of Dark Souls...

Maybe it's just not your type of game, or you're just getting old Squee  :biggrin:...

Edited by ghOsty

What?! The story was great, and that seems to be common consensus. If you mixed in some of the sidequests on the way they added a lot to the lore, plus additional boss fights. Dumbing down the combat to easy takes away like the whole challenge and point of playing... If anything I'd bump it up! "Gimme God of War" mode is said to be a decent challenge, that rewards with gear you can only get in that mode. I'll probably try tackling that after my run-through of Dark Souls...

Maybe it's just not your type of game, or you're just getting old Squee  :biggrin:...

Maybe - but I got really tired of the action near the end. I just wanted the fights to be over, because a lot of the enemies were the same design but with different colors and different skills. Switching between the blades, fists, and axe to kill the various kinds of enemies gets fairly boring. Also, all the fancy kill sequences where Kratos rips someone in half or stomps on their face is the same over and over and over. Doom got this so right by adding a ton of different kill sequences that kept me entertained. Plus, I was really expecting these kills in GoW to be way more gory.

The storyline starts out great. It's fairly similar to The Last of Us which is cool. But then it goes ahead and checks off all the things you've come to expect from these kinds of stories. The kid runs off. The kid gets feisty. Kratos becomes a real softy. There's a twist about the kids background and so on.

I didn't think it was a bad game, but at one point I really felt like it was overstaying its welcome. 

Gonna give Elser Scrolls Online a go, I always fall back on this series when I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time on my own.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Maybe - but I got really tired of the action near the end. I just wanted the fights to be over, because a lot of the enemies were the same design but with different colors and different skills. Switching between the blades, fists, and axe to kill the various kinds of enemies gets fairly boring. Also, all the fancy kill sequences where Kratos rips someone in half or stomps on their face is the same over and over and over. Doom got this so right by adding a ton of different kill sequences that kept me entertained. Plus, I was really expecting these kills in GoW to be way more gory.

The storyline starts out great. It's fairly similar to The Last of Us which is cool. But then it goes ahead and checks off all the things you've come to expect from these kinds of stories. The kid runs off. The kid gets feisty. Kratos becomes a real softy. There's a twist about the kids background and so on.

I didn't think it was a bad game, but at one point I really felt like it was overstaying its welcome. 

I also was thinking that it could be something simillar to the Last of Us, which is good. But common, the Last of Us was a culmination of everything Naughty Dog made with Uncharted and even something more. It is hyped, it's almost annoying, but it is very good game.

Sold my ps4 some time before, playing my old ps3 now (Persona5), and still not sure if I need it back.

I know, I know "Fuck EA" and all, but I daresay Anthem looks kinda fun like a Destiny meets Titanfall meets Mass Effect kinda thing... I'll remain cautiously optimistic and wait for reviews:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-anthem-5-things-we-learned-release-date-ga/1100-6459553/

Edited by ghOsty

I know, I know "Fuck EA" and all, but I daresay Anthem looks kinda fun like a Destiny meets Titanfall meets Mass Effect kinda thing... I'll remain cautiously optimistic and wait for reviews:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-anthem-5-things-we-learned-release-date-ga/1100-6459553/

I don't hate EA. As a matter of fact, they've published some of my favorite games (KOTOR and Mass Effect 1-2), but holy moly Anthem looks immensely boring. I'm a rational sceptic and I am not liking what I'm seeing when it comes to Anthen. It looks like a Destiny-ass-game and I have no intention on playing games that force you to grind through the same shit over and over and over. I'm also not a fan of the generic military mech look they've got going. Oh, and the voice acting... god dayum!

Gonna give Elser Scrolls Online a go, I always fall back on this series when I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time on my own.

I'm the same, especially when I moved to a new place. Weirdly I usually up starting a new game of Oblivion. I love it, despite all the flaws. And potato faces.