IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Beat Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Seemed a lot shorter than Human Revolution even though I did most of the side quests. Also much less emphasis on bosses. The one boss they had I dispatched pretty quickly and stealthily without killing him, getting the Pacifist trophy. I still enjoyed the game a lot though.

I have Observer and Yakuza 0 in my queue next.

I didn't know you could do non-lethal takedown of the final boss in MD, because I went the non-lethal route with every enemy except him. Using EMP attacks is still garbage compared to HR though.

Decided to start a new Prey (2017) playthrough after completing the Mooncrash DLC the night before. Dunno why, but it's starting to grow on me. It really is the closest modern game out there to System Shock.

Witcher 2 was on sale so I started that. I like it so far, but the controls are kind of dodgy and the UI feels overly complicated. I just feel that there could have been a simpler way of using abilities and items. For instance, you can't use potions from your items menu, you have to go into the 'drink potion' screen in the meditation area. What the fuck. Just let me use it anywhere.

I'm also playing it on the hardest level setting, so I'm dying a lot. The 'game over' screen takes too long to propagate to get back in the game. Takes forever to beat bosses.

I finally finished Breath of the Wild. Damn, that was a good game. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment, and now I'm thinking about buying the DLC, something that I pretty much never do for any games. However, I also have a ton of other games to play, so I probably won't worry about Zelda's DLC for now.

I started on Nier: Automata the other night.... I found it fun and very interesting. Great music in the first area. I thought the camera was weird to control and there was barely any friction in the combat, but I figure it would take some getting used to, especially because of the constant perspective changes. I was having a pretty good time until I got to the first boss who proceeded to take me out with one hit..... and the next thing I knew, I was starting the entire game over again.... No save point in the first area? I will get back to it eventually, but I think I'm done with it for now.

I still need to go back and do the post-game stuff in Super Mario Odyssey. I finished the main game pretty quickly and then went back to Zelda, so I might go for it now.

Actually, I really think it's time for me to finally play Final Fantasy XV. I will probably start it this weekend.

Who else is looking forward to Mega Man 11? I think it looks pretty good so far!

Megaman 11 is looking excellent - I cannot wait for it to come out.

The Tetris Effect is another highly anticipated game:

Also, for Switch Ikaruga owners, there is a solution for playing the game on the go in Tate mode:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip

Hope they make their goal!

Beat Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Seemed a lot shorter than Human Revolution even though I did most of the side quests. Also much less emphasis on bosses. The one boss they had I dispatched pretty quickly and stealthily without killing him, getting the Pacifist trophy. I still enjoyed the game a lot though.

I have Observer and Yakuza 0 in my queue next.

I didn't know you could do non-lethal takedown of the final boss in MD, because I went the non-lethal route with every enemy except him. Using EMP attacks is still garbage compared to HR though.

Decided to start a new Prey (2017) playthrough after completing the Mooncrash DLC the night before. Dunno why, but it's starting to grow on me. It really is the closest modern game out there to System Shock.

I wasn't sure either, so I tried a few things. What basically worked was hitting him with a shot of the tranquilizer rifle while he wasn't aware, then doing a non-lethal takedown on him. Required a lot of sneaking to get behind him.

I loved Prey, but sold it before the DLC came out.

Also, for Switch Ikaruga owners, there is a solution for playing the game on the go in Tate mode:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip

Hope they make their goal!

Fangamer + cheapo nice price = win win. Deserves to do well, it's a great solution.

I use one of these for 'on the desk/coffee table' action:

41mtqkcbOuL.jpg

Gets the job done in horizontal and vertical, plus you have a few notches for setting it at varying angles. No good for handheld, but I'll wait and see how others get on with the Flip Grip before I consider nabbing one.

Side-note: Danmaku Unlimited 3 (another great shmup) has a 33% discount as of today, at least on the UK eshop - definitely recommended if you're after some more vertical shmupping funsies.

new tetris is always good!  :music:

also:

Preorders (Amazon JP) are open now, ships July 24. Price is around 112.00 USD - curious what the US dollar amount will be (I'm thinking 99.00 USD)

Finally got around to getting a Switch, picked up Breath of the Wild with it. Really great so far, but who thought this weapon durability system was in any way fun?

yaeh god it sucks. it is a fun game good gameplay but honestly it's like 99% filler.

reminds me very much of mgsv in that way

Anyone playing the new DLC campaign for Splatoon? Pretty cool so far.

Also trying my hand at Fortnight on Switch.

I'll be picking up the dlc as soon as I have the time

Finally got around to getting a Switch, picked up Breath of the Wild with it. Really great so far, but who thought this weapon durability system was in any way fun?

As I stated earlier in the week, I just finished BOTW and loved almost every minute of it. The easily-broken weapon thing did piss me off at first, as it makes it where none of your weapons are "special." You might get something really cool, but once you use it in one battle, it's either going to be greatly damaged or broken. Later on, you get the option to stash a few weapons and shields away, but even that is limited and kinda pointless because, again, your special weapons you're saving for a special occasion will still be broken very easily. There's at least one weapon that breaks simply by you swinging it a few times and hitting nothing at all (and you can only get it from a somewhat difficult enemy and you have to beat him without getting hit in order for him to drop it).

However, there's a wide variety of weapons and they're everywhere, so that great sword that you used that broke will probably be picked up again in the next few minutes with better stats and you'll eventually get to the point where you can't even carry them all. This is why I didn't care about the fragility of your gear as I got further in the game. It's really not as bad as it seems.

yaeh god it sucks. it is a fun game good gameplay but honestly it's like 99% filler.

reminds me very much of mgsv in that way

I didn't think it was "filler." One of my favorite things about the game is the fact that the world was so large but there wasn't always something to discover or gawk at everywhere you went. I honestly believe I walked the entire world (on foot, rarely used horses) I thoroughly enjoyed the majority of it. The game doesn't constantly dole out rewards or spectacle like many other games do, so when you finally find something cool, it makes it all the more special. I found it very realistic, to be honest, because that's how the real world actually is. I spent a lot of time climbing mountains just to see if there was something on top or over on the other side of it. Most of the time, all I found was a korok or some ore, but even that was worth it to me.

Seriously, I think BOTW was the best game I've played in years. Totally loved it.

Yeah the exploration so far is fab, stuff like Korok seeds and ore is still scarce enough that it feels rewarding to find. I also really like the diversity between in biomes for plants and animals for cooking/elixirs.

But man, the weapon system, I see where you're coming from flim but it just makes chests feel a little bit disappointing. Getting a sweet weapon means I know it's still going to break after a few fights. As weak points go though I can live with it, rest of the game is a blast so far.

wjhisb9.png

Spotted Windjammers on sale on Euro PSN, crossbuy PS4/Vita, appropriate summery game for this hot weather, sure why not?

The Vita is/was such a nice handheld...

Windjammers was a great NEO·GEO game - glad to see it has a second life on modern consoles

The Vita is/was such a nice handheld...

If only Sony hadn't done a nonsense with the massively expensive proprietary memory cards, it could have been a fine home for portable indie gaming, long before the Switch arrived to steal its thunder. There are plenty of hidden gems for Vita (Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta) that I'm certain will start being dug up in ten years time and revered, when people realise it wasn't just a system for half-assed attempts at AAA titles.

Windjammers was a great NEO·GEO game - glad to see it has a second life on modern consoles

There has been a consistent competitive scene in France for it, talk about gameplay standing the test of time! Was way out of my league back when it released due to mega pricey Neo Geo import shenanigans, but it's sweet to have on the Vita/PS4 to quickly fire it up for a few rounds. The nostalgic summery vibes are great, hits the exact same spot as original Out Run in that regard.

windjammers-bg3jsir.jpg

Great casting, I managed to find some behind the scenes footage.