IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Still playing Prey, this time on New Game + mode. Still haven't installed a single Typhon ability, and since all my non-Typhon abilities and weapons are maxed out, I just toss every Neuromod and Weapon Repair Kit I accumulate into the Recycler. lol
TBH I wish we had this Recycler technology IRL. It would be nice to break down any trash in the world we come across into their base components on the fly and then make something new and useful out of them in an advanced 3D printer in seconds with the push of a button. Really, how cool would that be?

Also recently got into the mobile game Space Pioneer. Good graphics, good music, good gameplay. Really no complaints.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Nice mix of laid-back/slow paced exploration & role playing and fuck-off challenging combat if you're not paying close attention. Pretty nice change of pace from most modern RPGs.

way into Hollow Knight. i didn't expect to like it much, and for the first hour or two was right but then...whoah. it rules. incredibly characterful.. that world feels like a place. first obviously-Souls-and-Metroid inspired game i liked..feels like totally its own thing.

i am so lost somewhere down there and i love it

Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Nice mix of laid-back/slow paced exploration & role playing and fuck-off challenging combat if you're not paying close attention. Pretty nice change of pace from most modern RPGs.

Really, really like what I’ve seen of this. Heard it was buggy af though. Encountered much of that?

Really, really like what I’ve seen of this. Heard it was buggy af though. Encountered much of that?

I was worried about all the reported bugs too, but aside from some clipping and one CTD after leaving the game on while away for a few hours, it's been totally fine.

I was worried about all the reported bugs too, but aside from some clipping and one CTD after leaving the game on while away for a few hours, it's been totally fine.

Isn't the director a racist asshole?

No idea, I didn't hear about the "why are there no black people in 1403 Bohemia?" kerfuffle until days after I bought the game, and by that time, I was already having fun. It seems to me that bumfuck countryside Bohemia would be rather low on people of color in general, so that seems like a strange complaint, but w/e. I read a bit and discovered that one of the devs wears a burzum shirt and was somehow on the wrong side of gamergate or something. Haven't run into any superfluous racism in my playthrough, sooo....

https://kotaku.com/my-e3-meeting-with-a-pro-gamergate-developer-1715511964

he seems to be an angry idiot at least

Edited by triachus

Most recent ps vita firmware has been hacked, p easy to do. Well worth doing if you've got one hanging around in a drawer. Stuck on Medal Of Honor ps1 to test the emulation and was playing for ages. Nostalgia <3

https://kotaku.com/my-e3-meeting-with-a-pro-gamergate-developer-1715511964

he seems to be an angry idiot at least

Yeah, he seems like a total idiot.

Cheers man. Drama notwithstanding, I’ll be picking this up soon.

currently getting me anus reamed by enter the gungeon. i cannot seem to get past level 3.

finally got to level 4 last night and fuck me it does not let up in the slightest

So hype for Octopath Traveler this week, looking forward to getting back to my 3hr save from the second demo. Such a comfy game, I can see myself playing most if not all of it in handheld mode. Oh, and a pro-tip for those who don't know - in the settings, you can dial off the vignetting filter (the darkened corners). Roll on Friday!

pot_keyart_010yjwv.png

pot_keyart_02d2kbc.png

nswitch_octopathtravey3rcg.jpg

nswitch_octopathtravevdkfu.jpg

nswitch_octopathtravezykg6.jpg

nswitch_octopathtraveebolo.jpg

nswitch_octopathtrave7ejqa.jpg

Dev notes:

- Both are 33 years old and grew up during the golden era of SNES JRPGs with the gameplay and visual style of the time (pixel-art).
- When Takahashi entered Square-Enix, he wanted to do these kind of games but he was told that it was easier to develop more modern-looking games. After years of hard and successful work, he was finally able to do the kind of projects he initially wanted to work on.
- In terms of game mechanics, if Bravely was a spiritual successor of FFV, Octopath has been developed as a spiritual successor of FFVI

On the art style:

- He wanted to work on a new IP with a strong visual style that players would enjoy.
- When the development of Octopath began, they made a demo exclusively in pixel-art. They then realized that it was prettier in their memories and that's why they decided to include modern effects with the Unreal Engine, especially lightning effects. They feel that it is a good mix between both generations.

Music:

- Nishiki-san grew up with games like Final Fantasy and the SaGa series. Both franchises have influenced his work on Octopath
- He initially wondered whether he should try to adapt to the global audience or keep his own style. He asked himself what Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) would do in the same situation and therefore he finally decided to keep his own style.
- Octopath's OST is influenced by his love of classical music, he mentioned Bach, and movie musics.

Misc:

- The first demo has been downloaded 1.5 millions times.
- People's reactions to the demo were overwhelmingly positive, even more so in Europe than in Japan.
- their demo target was gamers in their 30s/40s who were seeking the same great sensations they had during the Golden Era of JRPGs.
- They felt that the Switch was the perfect platform for that with its ability to play 1hr in bed before sleeping.

Edited by jasondonervan

currently getting me anus reamed by enter the gungeon. i cannot seem to get past level 3.

finally got to level 4 last night and fuck me it does not let up in the slightest

Ohhh, you're in for a nasty surprise going forward...

So hype for Octopath Traveler this week, looking forward to getting back to my 3hr save from the second demo. Such a comfy game, I can see myself playing most if not all of it in handheld mode. Oh, and a pro-tip for those who don't know - in the settings, you can dial off the vignetting filter (the darkened corners). Roll on Friday!

pot_keyart_010yjwv.png

pot_keyart_02d2kbc.png

nswitch_octopathtravey3rcg.jpg

nswitch_octopathtravevdkfu.jpg

nswitch_octopathtravezykg6.jpg

nswitch_octopathtraveebolo.jpg

nswitch_octopathtrave7ejqa.jpg

Dev notes:

- Both are 33 years old and grew up during the golden era of SNES JRPGs with the gameplay and visual style of the time (pixel-art).

- When Takahashi entered Square-Enix, he wanted to do these kind of games but he was told that it was easier to develop more modern-looking games. After years of hard and successful work, he was finally able to do the kind of projects he initially wanted to work on.

- In terms of game mechanics, if Bravely was a spiritual successor of FFV, Octopath has been developed as a spiritual successor of FFVI

On the art style:

- He wanted to work on a new IP with a strong visual style that players would enjoy.

- When the development of Octopath began, they made a demo exclusively in pixel-art. They then realized that it was prettier in their memories and that's why they decided to include modern effects with the Unreal Engine, especially lightning effects. They feel that it is a good mix between both generations.

Music:

- Nishiki-san grew up with games like Final Fantasy and the SaGa series. Both franchises have influenced his work on Octopath

- He initially wondered whether he should try to adapt to the global audience or keep his own style. He asked himself what Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) would do in the same situation and therefore he finally decided to keep his own style.

- Octopath's OST is influenced by his love of classical music, he mentioned Bach, and movie musics.

Misc:

- The first demo has been downloaded 1.5 millions times.

- People's reactions to the demo were overwhelmingly positive, even more so in Europe than in Japan.

- their demo target was gamers in their 30s/40s who were seeking the same great sensations they had during the Golden Era of JRPGs.

- They felt that the Switch was the perfect platform for that with its ability to play 1hr in bed before sleeping.

The pixel art combined with the depth-of-field effects is interesting. Reminds me of an old PS3 game called 3D Dot Game Heroes

Most recent ps vita firmware has been hacked, p easy to do. Well worth doing if you've got one hanging around in a drawer. Stuck on Medal Of Honor ps1 to test the emulation and was playing for ages. Nostalgia <3

nice have they finally stopped updating vita fw? i didn't hack my psp until they had firmly given up on it 'cause i didn't want to bother keeping up w/updates

nice have they finally stopped updating vita fw? i didn't hack my psp until they had firmly given up on it 'cause i didn't want to bother keeping up w/updates

There definitely won't be anymore updates that add anything for users. They might try and patch out the vulnerability that allows this hack, if they can even be arsed doing that. Just turn off auto update - I missed out last time because this was on, frankly I'm chuffed some clever person found a new exploit, I really thought that was it now

Replaying fallout 3/new vegas before 76 comes out. Also just finished resident evil 7 (terrifying game), and been playing path of exile. 

Word. I might do the same after I finish my current Prey (2017) playthrough. Still feel weird about the Fallout franchise taking the multiplayer route, but I should probably keep an open mind about it. I have a feeling FO76 is gonna be similar to Fortnite's STW mode.

Would you recommend RE7? It looks somewhat intriguing, but I feel like I'd get super claustrophobic, judging from the gameplay footage I've seen.

Replaying fallout 3/new vegas before 76 comes out. Also just finished resident evil 7 (terrifying game), and been playing path of exile. 

Word. I might do the same after I finish my current Prey (2017) playthrough. Still feel weird about the Fallout franchise taking the multiplayer route, but I should probably keep an open mind about it. I have a feeling FO76 is gonna be similar to Fortnite's STW mode.

Would you recommend RE7? It looks somewhat intriguing, but I feel like I'd get super claustrophobic, judging from the gameplay footage I've seen.

It sounds like they're making sure that griefing isn't an issue, so I'm hopeful it's still a fun fallout game that I can play with a buddy.

as for RE7...if you like survival horror games then yes, I'd recommend. It's a lot different then the other RE games but the plot ties in with them. I got it on the steam summer sale. some parts were definitely stressful, but the story kept me engaged and wanting to finish it.