IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

is Warframe worth trying?

It's free, so yeah, only costs your time and bandwidth for download. It's overwhelming as hell for a newbie though (even as someone who has put a couple hundred hours in I still get confused and have to look stuff up). The gameplay loop is very grindy but there's very little p2w and there are wikis full of useful information. I'd avoid story spoilers (there are some ace story missions later in the game) but for gameplay or on where to find a resource feel free to look anything up, it'll make your experience much more fun.

I've put about 75 hrs into it and I have no desire to go back to it. it's way too grindy, but if you want something like Destiny to play with frands then it's your deal.

I've put about 75 hrs into it and I have no desire to go back to it. it's way too grindy, but if you want something like Destiny to play with frands then it's your deal.

worst thing is you're mostly not even grinding towards something special, it's mostly just mindless accumulation of weapons / gear you'll never even use anyway because the META is so ridiculous (consisting 99,9% of braindead ability spam because energy economy is quasi nonexistant even mid-game) and the whole game balance broken beyond belief so there is no real endgame (as in: challenging content for vets) either. steam says i got over 3800 hours into it and i feel genuinely bad about it since it's mostly just sunken cost fallacy and pathologial completionism at this point (the game quite strongly capitalizes on the latter, it went platinum sales status in steam this year after all, as a free to play mind you...).

it starts out as a an OK 3rd person coop shooter but soon turns into diablo / cookie clicker gameplaywise. if you're not prone to addiction and manage to stay away from the META i'd recommend it for a while.

Finally beat Dad of War (aka God of War).

The ending... eh, I suppose it was alright. Very anticlimactic compared to other GoW games.

Honestly, there are so many other side quests and tasks to do, the main storyline is almost inconsequential compared to the rest.

Still a damn good game though.

The ending... eh, I suppose it was alright. Very anticlimactic compared to other GoW games.

Honestly, there are so many other side quests and tasks to do, the main storyline is almost inconsequential compared to the rest.

Did you go home and take a nap yet?

i just bought puyo puyo tetris and i like that i have the ability to turn off quick drop and hold in tetris matches but what bothers me is on the title screen you can choose to have a quick game of tetris but in that game you can't turn off quick drop and hold... pretty fucked up.

i prefer classic tetris

Aww yiss

dsc000271qjqq.png

Decided to start fresh instead of using the demo save. Game is so chill, and perfect for just grabbing the Switcheroo to play a stolen few minutes here and there.

Edited by jasondonervan

Aww yiss

dsc000271qjqq.png

Decided to start fresh instead of using the demo save. Game is so chill, and perfect for just grabbing the Switcheroo to play a stolen few minutes here and there.

I'm a few hours in and have met a couple more of the characters... the story (stories?) is incredibly braindead but it does work for a relaxed drop in and out kind of game.

SWITCH INNIT

I deleted the hell out of the octopath demo. Really pitifully derivative stuff.

I recommend Steamworld Dig 2. Metroid style but with a really engrossing and eerie exploration aspect where you just keep digging down and down. Best game I’ve played since BOTW.

Odyssey is great but you already knew that.

Switch is amazing. Such a great steam port box. Can’t wait to replay hyper light drifter. Also minit is coming out soon.

Dishonored 2 : Death of the Outsider

I am one armed Rosario Dawson conversing with rats and thieving your jellied eels.

Jellied eels? Those are also in Prey. No coincidence I'm sure, considering both games are by the same developer.

I am one armed Rosario Dawson conversing with rats and thieving your jellied eels.

Jellied eels? Those are also in Prey. No coincidence I'm sure, considering both games are by the same developer.

You're right - I didn't make the connection. That new Prey DLC is next on my list I think.

You're right - I didn't make the connection. That new Prey DLC is next on my list I think.

Mooncrash is pretty good. Probably the first time I've seen the "roguelike" concept put into practice by a AAA developer. The maps are a constant, but every sim run has different placement of enemies, weapons, and items.

Did you head back to your cabin yet?

EDIT: I just noticed acid1's post. And ya, go back home and take a nap in your super comfy looking bed.

I thought the game was fanastic, but ya, was looking for more of a grand climax at the end. I shall say no more than I think a grand climax will still come, just not on the version we have now.

I just have to beat the Valkyrie Queen and finish the last few ravens off and I'll have the platinum trophy. What a blast the game is. Really well done.

Edited by 747Music

Serene moment of clarity as I look to get back in to Natural Selection 2, a fully grown German man ranting at me down microphone because I went afk for a few seconds to open a beer. A+ playerbase.

Tempest4000 out today (PC/PS4/XO)

txk_by_shaneus2k2-d733p8q.gif

Might want to tread carefully on PC

"Tempest 4000 has clearly been built with consoles in mind, as its menus include zero customization options for PC players. You cannot reassign keyboard or gamepad functions. You cannot enable a d-pad on a controller (though using its arrow-key equivalent on a keyboard feels quite unoptimized, compared to the trackpad-like analog drag of an Xbox One joystick). And you cannot change a single visual option, including resolution, windowed/fullscreen/borderless modes, or v-sync.

When pressed on this lack of options, Zorzin points to custom wrappers that PC players can install for the sake of resolutions and button remapping, then adds, "I would never turn v-sync off." This might have something to do with the game's target lock for 60 frames per second, but that brings up another unfortunate issue at launch: there are issues with higher frame rate monitors. Attempts to test Tempest 4000 on a 144Hz monitor, both with variable refresh rate (VRR) enabled and disabled, led to the game clocking at a higher speed, as opposed to a higher frame rate with the same game timings.

Thus, everything in the game, from you to your enemies, moves way, way faster on a higher-refresh monitor. Think of this bug as a hidden "ultra-hard" mode, if you want, but I found it darn near unplayable. (In a follow-up email, Zorzin confirmed this issue "should not be too complex to fix.")

In better news, at least, when playing the game exactly as intended—on a 60Hz screen, with a gamepad in hand, utilizing 16:9 fullscreen mode—the whole thing runs beautifully, particularly at 4K. Zorzin points out how much work went into the game's "pure vector" typeface, for example, which he says he built because he hated every vector typeface he'd found while working on the current-gen port. This led him to the programmer's mentality of, as he puts it, "do it your own." The game flashes oddball words and phrases in the course of standard gameplay, and their letters all rotate and shatter in native resolution, so the effort is honestly easy to appreciate."

As for the music, from Minter himself:

"Due to space constraints several tunes intended for T2K never made it onto the cartridge. Remixed versions of these "lost" tunes appeared later on the CD soundtrack, but the older (and some would say more energetic-sounding) MOD versions were never used in any subsequent game. Until now! The "lost" MOD versions have been recovered and in T4K users can choose from the entire original MOD or later CD Remix versions of the music."
Edited by jasondonervan

Sonic Mania Encore DLC... adequate.

yeah, it's good. original game is best really but it's nice having a physical release with the art book  :ok: