IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Windjammers 2 coming to PC/Switch in 2019?!  :blink:

NANI!?!?

Played Knowledge is Power (PS4 trivia game akin to the old Buzz! games) that uses an Android/iOS app as the control. Fun stuff for families and get togethers!

I noticed a friend of mine had played over 2500 hours of Destiny, so I told him that it was the equivalent to 104 days of Destiny. He got furious and a couple of weeks later he decided not to talk to me again.

Lolz!

Haha, nicely done

Yeah. Plus, he was a Marvel fanboy so I couldn’t care less.

Reactivated my WoW account after about ten years like some sort of colossal dumbass

Have a good life, man. It was nice knowing you.

Edited by Braintree

Reactivated my WoW account after about ten years like some sort of colossal dumbass

Have a god life, man. It was nice knowing you.

So the way i get the WoW fix in without the life-wreckage is the occasional Free to Play 20-29 PVP bracket. 

Have a god life, man. It was nice knowing you.

just going to merge into my desk and computer like The Master in Fallout for the most efficient grinding

tbf they have trimmed a LOT of fat since I last played... you still gotta pay a ludicrous amount for fast flying mount skill though, don't really see the point

there's also a mount that costs 5mil gold to buy in the new expansion if you're looking to completely melt your brain (I remember feeling plush paying for a 20k mount back in WotLK)

Been playing more adventure games and just finished off Wadjeteye's series. I highly recommend The Blackwell Legacy series to anyone who likes point and clicks. They're the equivalent of those non-fiction books that you see at the grocery store in length and tone, but the guy who writes them is *very* good, if not one of the best adventure game writers currently developing. It involves a woman named Rosa who comes from a family lineage that can talk to the dead and send lost ghosts to the next world, and spans across roughly 40 years with the in-game mechanics and character development reflecting it. The characters, settings and plots are all strong (the second episode was probably the weakest but was still good), voice acting is on par and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty: not easy but they make sense in the game world. The last game in the series was full length, high budget and had the perfect ending that took me completely off guard.

There are references in the game to Wadgeteye's first game, The Shivah (game was so-so), but they are mostly constrained to easter eggs than anything related to the story. It is worth playing through the first four to play the 5th because of the past references, questions and stories all being neatly answered and tied up. Their other adventure games are good B to A- grade products with the weakest of the adventures series on there probably a toss between A Golden Wake and Gemini Rue. The former has very interesting settings and detail, but the character writing, poorly-responsive action sequences, puzzles are bad and non-nonsensical plot twists. Aside from that, the Blackwell series is probably the most successful and has the most effort put into it. It shows!

They just released a new Shadowrun-esque adventure game, Unavowed, that I'm going through now.

Yes, the wdjet eye games are all great

also playing unavowed atm, its nice

playing Witcher 3 on my PS4 as well atm. I;m late to this party, but goddamn it's to me one of the best games ever made

There is some good payoff in Unavowed if you've played through the Blackwell games first

I’ll be headed to Gamescom in a week to show off the game I’ve been working on for about a year. Pretty excited about this.

Good luck! By all accounts Gamescom is a bloodbath on the public-attending side of things, hope that doesn't spill over for yourself.

Gamescom is fucking killing me. So many bad BOs and farts and my bed is a like a god damn rock.

:sad:

Back from Gamescom... holy fucking shit, I'm tired. I worked between 11-14 hours every day and rarely had a chance to sit down. It was cool though. Everyone was awesome and kind - apart from maybe that one guy, but fuck him. Oh, and the 5-6 mean looking fuckers who were holding down some guy in the parking lot while threatening him didn't seem that cool either.

I also had the chance to experience the most tone deaf things ever. The German military had a booth there where they were trying to recruit people at Gamescom

Bundeswehr_Werbung.jpg

I also had the chance to experience the most tone deaf things ever. The German military had a booth there where they were trying to recruit people at Gamescom

Bundeswehr_Werbung.jpg

Those quotation marks are all kinds of wonky too ...