IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

While Gato Roboto is obviously a direct tribute to the Metroid series, I found it clever that its version of Samus' morph ball is Kiki the cat simply hopping out of the battle suit and traversing narrow spaces like felines IRL are adept at doing.

Like I said, 2019 looks to be a promising year for new games. Even if that means being more of a recluse, although it wouldn't be much different from now.

Nintendo direct starts in 20 minutes

60 minutes of them going through each Smash character.

we'll see. it's going to be a big thing, with nintendo online service and all

Switch Online seems very underwhelming at launch, but you know I'll give em my $20 to keep playing Splatoon 2 and MK8 online. Seeing nine Final Fantasy games ported was surprising, as is new official wireless NES controllers coming, that dock to the Switch to charge like the joy cons.

image.jpg

Still soldiering on (slowly) through Deus Ex. Not that I've had to do too much shooting, but it seems very awkward and wooden, can't see me being able to take down too many people at once. Destiny 2 was one of the games on PS+ this month so I'm gonna give that a go. 

Also, Steam has a beta Linux Wine related mode so I keep playing bits of Age of Empires 2, although as soon as I put the mode up one harder it's like 15 minutes before I get fucking wiped out. It's not possible to build armys that size and go through all the ages that quick. Cheating AI fuckers!

animal-crossing-2019zwi0j.jpg

:yeah:

Finally! Now, do I wait to get an AC-themed Switch, or get the Smash or Pikachu bundles?

AC Switch is the correct answer here. I fired up New Leaf on my 3DS earlier, having not played it for about 2 years - I had accrued so much interest at the post office, my bank account sat at 1,499,999 bells... so I paid off Tom Crook Nook and ordered a new room be built on my house  :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah so i finished the MMII demo at a friend's today.

The slo-mo/power-up mechanics are fun to play around with... kinda trivializing (mini-)bosses and some platforming even on "normal" (which was the highest one could pick) but yeah. Still takes some meter management at least. The physics n everything pretty much felt at home, just the choppy ladder climbing animation is somewhat irritating (it's not actually slower than usual but it still somehow feels like it just from the looks).

The only real letdown would be the music, it was kinda just there, no catchiness whatsoever, also no rock. Anyway, looking forward to 2nd of october!

Still soldiering on (slowly) through Deus Ex. Not that I've had to do too much shooting, but it seems very awkward and wooden, can't see me being able to take down too many people at once.

Which one, the original? While being the most dated technologically, it's also the best written story-wise...if not one of the best written games in history.

I succumbed to getting sucked back into Fallout 4, about 7 months later. The fact that there's a vast array of mods is key to its replay value. Not to mention it sounds like the New Vegas remaster (F4NV) mega-mod for Fallout 4 is supposedly nearing completion. I'm more excited about that than Fallout 76 TBH...as are most fans these days.

Still soldiering on (slowly) through Deus Ex. Not that I've had to do too much shooting, but it seems very awkward and wooden, can't see me being able to take down too many people at once.

Which one, the original? While being the most dated technologically, it's also the best written story-wise...if not one of the best written games in history.

I succumbed to getting sucked back into Fallout 4, about 7 months later. The fact that there's a vast array of mods is key to its replay value. Not to mention it sounds like the New Vegas remaster (F4NV) mega-mod for Fallout 4 is supposedly nearing completion. I'm more excited about that than Fallout 76 TBH...as are most fans these days.

Mankind Divided, I've only played human revolution before and that story and game play I think I prefer. Speaking of FO4 I didn't actually make it right to the end, should do really. Feels like there was so much I missed out on. But yeah, 76 I'm gonna have to get into.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Mankind Divided, I've only played human revolution before and that story and game play I think I prefer. Speaking of FO4 I didn't actually make it right to the end, should do really. Feels like there was so much I missed out on. But yeah, 76 I'm gonna have to get into.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Mankind Divided was one I only managed a single playthrough on, whereas Human Revolution I probably ran about ten. So I feel the same way. HR had a better weapon selection too I think. Plus it was a story of personal vengeance, so you had more reason to go in guns blazing against the bad guys. Not to mention EMPs did what they were actually supposed to.

As for Fallout 76, I won't be hasty once it's released. But if the ratings and reviews end up being promising enough, then I'll bite.

Edited by ambermonk

I think the thing destiny 2 really gets right is the feel of the shooting 

don't care about the story or the costumery which mostly looks silly to me

I hope titanfall 3 is as good as the first 2

trying to play elder scrolls online, but i cant get it to work. there are missing or corrupt .dll files, but even after an hour on google, i cannot for the life of me get my pc to allow me access to system files so i can replace them. 

animal-crossing-2019zwi0j.jpg

:yeah:

Finally! Now, do I wait to get an AC-themed Switch, or get the Smash or Pikachu bundles?

AC Switch is the correct answer here. I fired up New Leaf on my 3DS earlier, having not played it for about 2 years - I had accrued so much interest at the post office, my bank account sat at 1,499,999 bells... so I paid off Tom Crook Nook and ordered a new room be built on my house  :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah, New Leaf is great, especially with the expansion and camping stuff.

Thing is, if I wait for an AC Switch, it might be late 2019 and I'll be missing out on all the great Switch games out currently and then some...

Might go for the Pokemon Switch if I can blag one.

Horizon Zero dawn

Almost level 40 now. Just want to get all the trophies really. I'm over the story line. Skipping through dialogue like a crazy hombre. I just lost interest in the story for some reason, maybe coz I want all those trophies?

But yeh, buying that map that locates all the collectables for me really made me happy and sad at the same time, I remember climbing up some random mountain and finding my first figure thingy and feeling good about that - but now I have this map ...really takes the discovery "ahh" moment out ...coz of the map ...

I reckon the design og the machines is really cool. Some beast wars shit right there (That show was rad)

But yeah hard mode is not hard, whistling and rock throwing my way through, couldrons are a bit of a standout (though repetative - kind of)

The world is really vast and ecologically diverse, some jungle would be cool though.

Has anyone got all them trophies for this?

Did you like the game, hate it?

Hugs and kisses to all.