IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Acheivement/Trophy hunting is such a pointless way to play games, take your time, enjoy the game... I thought the story in HZD was rather well written. Good game.

I wish I had the time only trophy chasing for me at the moment. But yeh the story didn't grab me. Two way street with this one I guess.

Acheivement/Trophy hunting is such a pointless way to play games, take your time, enjoy the game... I thought the story in HZD was rather well written. Good game.

Also seeing that 100% is point enough for this guy Edited by sine nomine

Still soldiering on (slowly) through Deus Ex. Not that I've had to do too much shooting, but it seems very awkward and wooden, can't see me being able to take down too many people at once. Destiny 2 was one of the games on PS+ this month so I'm gonna give that a go.

Just get that automatic shotgun, upgrade the skills and headshot your way forward. Deus Ex Human Revolution did a lot of things right, just not the story, unfortunately, which is, for me in this case, of paramount importance.

Also, Steam has a beta Linux Wine related mode so I keep playing bits of Age of Empires 2, although as soon as I put the mode up one harder it's like 15 minutes before I get fucking wiped out. It's not possible to build armys that size and go through all the ages that quick. Cheating AI fuckers!

Invest in cavalry. You don't need a lot of units and they move fast, so they are some sort of a fire brigade. Otherwise, play the Black Forest map. Build stone walls on choke points once you reach Feudal Age. This will buy you time to grow your economy and army. My favorite are the Britons with their Elite Longbowman. An army of about 40 longbowmen, some cavalry to deal with siege weapons, and four trebuches is invincible even on hard modes. Get an AI ally, it helps.

Horizon Zero dawn

Almost level 40 now. Just want to get all the trophies really. I'm over the story line. Skipping through dialogue like a crazy hombre. I just lost interest in the story for some reason, maybe coz I want all those trophies?

But yeh, buying that map that locates all the collectables for me really made me happy and sad at the same time, I remember climbing up some random mountain and finding my first figure thingy and feeling good about that - but now I have this map ...really takes the discovery "ahh" moment out ...coz of the map ...

I reckon the design og the machines is really cool. Some beast wars shit right there (That show was rad)

But yeah hard mode is not hard, whistling and rock throwing my way through, couldrons are a bit of a standout (though repetative - kind of)

The world is really vast and ecologically diverse, some jungle would be cool though.

Has anyone got all them trophies for this?

Did you like the game, hate it?

Hugs and kisses to all.

Freaking love this game, and the story. The best on PS4 in my opinion. The story gets really strong as the game goes on. I got all the trophies except for a couple. There were four time trials I didn't do.

Frozen Wilds DLC is the best DLC I've ever bought by the way.

As for me, I'm still working on Spider-man. I am 89% complete.

02mnfn1.jpg

019sid8.jpg

20 games including Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms (remaining 15 to be announced). I understand the kind of crowd Sony is aiming at with this thing, especially releasing it during the holiday season, but... the original carpal tunnel-inducing PS controller design? You can't go and include something like RRT4 and not have a DualShock controller. If any of the Wipeouts also make it on to here, it's a certified mess.

*hugs PS One + LCD combo*

psone9ae3t.jpg

Edited by jasondonervan

I wonder what kind of connector those PSOne controllers use? Couldn't get a clear look at what they've revealed so far...

In other mini retro console news, the Mega Drive/Genesis Mini has been delayed to 2019 as SEGA wants to get it right and do a simultaneous worldwide release, plus they dropped the developer they were working with (who was responsible for the horrible Genesis Flashback console) and have teamed with a reputable Japanese developer.

Surprised to see Wild Arms on that list. I was under the impression I was the only kid that liked it when it came out. Still have my original copy.

I wonder what kind of connector those PSOne controllers use? Couldn't get a clear look at what they've revealed so far...

USB

L-lead-hand.jpg

Really? Those don't look like USB ports, but that would be pretty cool as it would mean you could potentially use them with PCs (although since you can use a DS4, why would you...?)

Wonder how long it will be until Nintendo has the Nintendo 64 Mini ready...

A mini PC Engine would be cool - it'd be hella tiny!

no dual shock controllers? (i know those came later but c'mon son!) and ac adaptor sold separately? (lol).

also, salute to PS TV

I think it's fairly likely this will be a pstv in a different case.

I really wish Sony would just add backwards compat to ps4 rather than sell us more plastic shite to go under the telly. I had a go on a mini snes at my mates...I thought it was shit. Shit idea, shit execution, pure trading off nostalgia..these things are destined for the landfill in like 5 years

no dual shock controllers? (i know those came later but c'mon son!) and ac adaptor sold separately? (lol).

also, salute to PS TV

I think it's fairly likely this will be a pstv in a different case.

I really wish Sony would just add backwards compat to ps4 rather than sell us more plastic shite to go under the telly. I had a go on a mini snes at my mates...I thought it was shit. Shit idea, shit execution, pure trading off nostalgia..these things are destined for the landfill in like 5 years

I think you're missing the point of these mini emulators/consoles - they are totally meant as pure nostalgia devices, hence why the hardware is recreated, etc. - if they just wanted to release an emulator, they would have done exactly what you've suggested (and Nintendo sort of did with Switch Online and the NES games you can play).

Speaking of which, Switch Online has already been 'hacked' so you can run any classic games via it.

Vita TV was the right idea at the wrong time - I wouldn't be surprised if the PS Mini is actually leftover Vita innards repurposed... But more likely the PS Mini is just the bog standard Raspberry Pi-style mini PC with an emulator on it. It'll be hacked within weeks of release and people will be running all the PS games that should have been on the console to begin with...

Vita TVs apparently go for mad cash now - wished I had picked up one when they were on bargain bin clearance for 20 USD...

i learnt today that dead cells is available as a physical edition. i bought the digital because i ASSUMED because it's an indie game that it would only be digital. fuck 

i don't know if i want to buy it again to add to my epic library. i'll think about it 

Especially if streaming games becomes a thing over the next 4-5 years. Nintendo’s streaming service in Japan offers varies degrees of how you can “buy” a game. When it comes to Assassins’s Creed Odyssey users can buy a daily or "lifetime" subscription - which means the buyer owns it for TWO years - yeah, cloud streaming is going to absolutely suck for anyone who actually likes having a collection of games.

Sooo another thing

Sonic ages just got released for switch. Its actually just the first sonic, with more sonic games to come I hope

The sega genesis collection is coming soon and it will include sonic 1 and 2

What to get eh?

The collection has other games im interested in like streets of rage and vectorman

Post a pic of you library

i learnt today that dead cells is available as a physical edition. i bought the digital because i ASSUMED because it's an indie game that it would only be digital. fuck

i don't know if i want to buy it again to add to my epic library. i'll think about it