IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I got the Platinum on Spider-Man, my first, and all the secret photo ops. Not sure what to play next because no games are on sale. I'll probably tackle The Talos Principle, which has been in my backlog for a while.

Nier: Automata is half off on Steam right now if you're looking for a good one.

I got all the endings on that one already :)

I want to get Detroit: Become Human and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but they probably won't go on sale until Black Friday.

Went to EGX over the weekend and had an ace time. Only complaint was extremely lone queues for demos but I guess that's pretty normal (wanted to play the new Metro but gave up after 20m and not moving). A bit of sensory overload with just so much shit going on in so little time, tempted to do two days if I ever go again.

One highlight I think other WATMMers would enjoy is a little indie title called PUSS! that has this glitched out/VHS vaporwave aesthetic, and Satanic imagery when you're near death.

Dragon Quest XI orchestral soundtrack mod is go

Amazing how dedicated some folks are with this sort of thing, and how quickly they've pulled it together. The default soundtrack really does start to grate after a while so I'm eager to see the difference.

Having set it up (8GB download, woof) I can confirm that playing DQXI with anything other than the orchestral soundtrack in this mod is doing a wrong one. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Especially if streaming games becomes a thing over the next 4-5 years. Nintendo’s streaming service in Japan offers varies degrees of how you can “buy” a game. When it comes to Assassins’s Creed Odyssey users can buy a daily or "lifetime" subscription - which means the buyer owns it for TWO years - yeah, cloud streaming is going to absolutely suck for anyone who actually likes having a collection of games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft and Sony's next consoles focuses on streaming games as part of a monthly subscription vs buying the games outright (physically or digitally).

Wife and I knocked out some Super Mario Bros 3 on the Switch this weekend. Extreme nostalgia triggers all over the place, coupled with the oddity of having it all displayed on a gargantuan (comparative to youth at least) tv. It's crazy how much we both remember about the levels. . . also such respect for the programming of these early games. They did so much with so little, and these games also demand a certain type of precision that a lot of modern games don't demand. 

Especially if streaming games becomes a thing over the next 4-5 years. Nintendo’s streaming service in Japan offers varies degrees of how you can “buy” a game. When it comes to Assassins’s Creed Odyssey users can buy a daily or "lifetime" subscription - which means the buyer owns it for TWO years - yeah, cloud streaming is going to absolutely suck for anyone who actually likes having a collection of games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft and Sony's next consoles focuses on streaming games as part of a monthly subscription vs buying the games outright (physically or digitally).
Rumors currently that XBox is considering two consoles, one for streaming, one more traditional/‘pro’ console. Rumors tho.

Personally don’t see the streaming thing as viable for the near future. I haven’t tried it so my opinion is without experience, but my internet is shit, and where I live (and millions of other players live) it won’t be getting significantly better in the next five to ten years. I don’t even like downloading games, as much as I would prefer it, as the internet services are capping data usage per month these days (whole other serious bullshit there)

Amazing how dedicated some folks are with this sort of thing, and how quickly they've pulled it together. The default soundtrack really does start to grate after a while so I'm eager to see the difference.

Having set it up (8GB download, woof) I can confirm that playing DQXI with anything other than the orchestral soundtrack in this mod is doing a wrong one. I can't recommend it highly enough.

i had to research what this was all about since this is the first i've heard of it. basically seals the deal on whether or not i'll buy on pc/ps4. curious though where the orchestral audio was sourced from?

i had to research what this was all about since this is the first i've heard of it. basically seals the deal on whether or not i'll buy on pc/ps4. curious though where the orchestral audio was sourced from?

The credits say "Preta - Adapting the Symphonic Suites for use within the game and creating loop points." so I guess they took the soundtrack and adapted it for the game

Wot span said. Also mentioned:

- normalizing volume of the Symphonic Suites
- encoding the music and FMV files
- injecting music into the game's custom files

I tend to pick up multi-platform stuff on PC for reasons other than mod support, but things like this really are the icing on the cake. All it took me in terms of effort was waiting for 8GB to download, a few minutes spent copying files into the relevant folders, and hitting play in Steam. I would have paid a nominal fee to have the orchestral version as DLC, but if the massive bigot that is Koichi Sugiyama wants to gatekeep his precious works behind concerts and CDs then I'm more than happy to use a workaround. As for the mod team wanting reimbursement? Forget it:

"The team REFUSES and will NOT accept any form of donation for this project, everyone on the team loves these games as much as you and believe that this is the absolute best way to experience one of the best entries in the series."

Good work, clever bods :beer:

I actually still buy physical games (on sale or used) because you can sell them when you're done, and recoup a nice % of the cost. I only buy digital if there's an insane sale, or there is no physical edition.

^^^ anyone know the full list of games? everyone i've checked, they only list 5 but say there are 20 included

turns out the playstation classic will have different games based on region (although supposedly this is only between japan and the west)  but still no full list of the games  :cerious:

^^^ anyone know the full list of games? everyone i've checked, they only list 5 but say there are 20 included

turns out the playstation classic will have different games based on region (although supposedly this is only between japan and the west)  but still no full list of the games  :cerious:

That makes sense, but Nintendo was willing to announce each region's games on announcement day... I wonder why Sony's holding off?

Maybe it's a "26 Mixes for Cash" situation where they haven't secured the licensing for all the games...

That makes sense, but Nintendo was willing to announce each region's games on announcement day... I wonder why Sony's holding off?

Maybe it's a "26 Mixes for Cash" situation where they haven't secured the licensing for all the games...

i've been wondering the same thing too- though i think at this point it's obvious the list might be a deal breaker for some considering the price and limiting the system to 20 games. 

So sonic sega ages...

Experiencing lots of frame rate drops and just sketchy control...

I've played sonic 1 on genesis and emulators hundreds of times and this version, it's just not that good it's unfortunate. There's not many reviews out right now and they are all positive. Will be interesting to see if anyone else shares my view

Looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch this week. Also picked up a barely used copy of Wolfenstein 2 for a great price, and a 256gb micro SD, as I'm heading back out overseas for work, and my 128gb is almost full. Great time to be a portable gamer.