IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

About the Sonic movie... Look up DJ2Entertainment, who are co-producing the movie, to see what else they’ve helped produce... for instance, that Wild West MMORPG game which was secretly made by Sergey Titov who also made Big Rigs and a bunch of other crappy games.

Anyway, DJ2Entertainment contacted one of the companies I work for and because they were interested in turning one of our games into a tv show. It didn’t take more than a couple of hours to dig up a bunch of shit on them. So yeah, that Sonic movie...

Very interesting dirt there, thanks for the tip off!

I’m on a train so I’ll get sick if I stare at my phone for too long so I can’t go into details without throwing up. Anyway, just look them up online or see if you can still access the WWO forum and see what people have to say

Oh wow, they've got their hooks into Ruiner too :(

About the Sonic movie... Look up DJ2Entertainment, who are co-producing the movie, to see what else they’ve helped produce... for instance, that Wild West MMORPG game which was secretly made by Sergey Titov who also made Big Rigs and a bunch of other crappy games.

Anyway, DJ2Entertainment contacted one of the companies I work for and because they were interested in turning one of our games into a tv show. It didn’t take more than a couple of hours to dig up a bunch of shit on them. So yeah, that Sonic movie...

I’m on a train so I’ll get sick if I stare at my phone for too long so I can’t go into details without throwing up. Anyway, just look them up online or see if you can still access the WWO forum and see what people have to say

Well, if you go ahead and search for "DJ2Entertainment" and ALL the IPs they've got listed on their site you'll only get the announcements on a bunch of movie sites, but there's no substance to any of those news. And no follow-up news either. We were trying to figure out their business plan at one of the game companies but we aren't sure what they're up to. Maybe they're more interested in getting hold of IPs and then selling them to other production companies?

Well, if you go ahead and search for "DJ2Entertainment" and ALL the IPs they've got listed on their site you'll only get the announcements on a bunch of movie sites, but there's no substance to any of those news. And no follow-up news either. We were trying to figure out their business plan at one of the game companies but we aren't sure what they're up to. Maybe they're more interested in getting hold of IPs and then selling them to other production companies?

Classic fake-it-till-you-make-it mantra

Who is this Sonic The Hedgehog film for?

Like, seriously — what demographic is it for?

Has Sonic become trendy with the kids again? If so, that would explain why the sudden film. But I think most kids are interested in Fortnite and stupid fucking dances.

It can't be for the people who first played Sonic, since most of those people are in their 30s. So who is this film for?

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/chris-chan-cwc-christian-weston-chandler

That guy, and the millions like him.

Austistic people just flock to Sonic more than anything else. This has also been proven scientifically. I had to sit through a lecture on behavioural psychology and had to try my hardest not to laugh as the professor was explaining, in great detail, his autistic's patients inexplicable fascination with hedgehogs.

...I honestly think euthanasia is the most humane option for these people right now.

Edited by Entorwellian

well, apparently there's a live action mega man movie coming, too... so, um, yeah. dunno. things happening.

If all these movies bomb, at least they had the great numb nuts idea to make a live action trilogy out of Tetris, ffs..

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-tetris-movie-will-first-part-sci-fi-trilogy/

Anyway, DJ2Entertainment contacted one of the companies I work for because they were interested in turning one of our games into a tv show. It didn’t take more than a couple of hours to dig up a bunch of shit on them. So yeah, that Sonic movie...

DJ2Entertainment sounds like it was founded by a white guy who in the 90's was very interested in Sonic and the 90's 'tude and probably wore MC Hammer pants.

Nothing’s gonna come of it. Check out their twitter account. It’s just them licking every single game company’s ass. “Thanks to our friends at blabla for sending over this awesome promo thingie bullshit”.

well, apparently there's a live action mega man movie coming, too... so, um, yeah. dunno. things happening.

If all these movies bomb, [...]

way to redefine "blue bomber" hurr durr

[...] at least they had the great numb nuts idea to make a live action trilogy out of Tetris, ffs..

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-tetris-movie-will-first-part-sci-fi-trilogy/

... what in the actual fuk.

Started on Cuphead recently. It's a bit difficult.

at the risk of sounding pretentious: but i honestly felt the difficulty was kinda overhyped. to live up to it there shoulda been an achievement for S-ranking all bosses imo.

10/10 game regardless.

(meanwhile S++ on lvl 3 ikaruga is srsly breaking me, still stuck on A...)

at the risk of sounding pretentious: but i honestly felt the difficulty was kinda overhyped. to live up to it there shoulda been an achievement for S-ranking all bosses imo.

10/10 game regardless.

you can still do that even if there's no achievement for it

guess every game before steam is piss easy since they have no achievements

10/10 game regardless.

i never said i felt cuphead was easy (far from it), i just think it isn't particularly harder than your average contra / metal slug etc. imo. add the fact that in comparison to these you can hop right back into the (boss) action without the drag of having to beat levels all over, so there's not much standing between you and (muscle) memorizing patterns (which was a great design choice).

the way i see it if the game doesn't provide an incentive it's not an inherent challenge and thus shouldn't be taken into account while judging the overall difficulty. in contra 3 e.g. you could only see the real ending when you beat it on hard. extra challenges like that were pretty common way before steam. that's not to say self-imposed stuff like "buster only" challenges and the like aren't "legit" or anything. but yeah.... if you turn the argument around to the extreme you could also claim kirby's dream land is hard because you can potentially try to play it without ever jumping or something. dunno.

10/10 game regardless.

i never said i felt cuphead was easy (far from it), i just think it isn't particularly harder than your average contra / metal slug etc. imo. add the fact that in comparison to these you can hop right back into the (boss) action without the drag of having to beat levels all over, so there's not much standing between you and (muscle) memorizing patterns (which was a great design choice).

the way i see it if the game doesn't provide an incentive it's not an inherent challenge and thus shouldn't be taken into account while judging the overall difficulty. in contra 3 e.g. you could only see the real ending when you beat it on hard. extra challenges like that were pretty common way before steam. that's not to say self-imposed stuff like "buster only" challenges and the like aren't "legit" or anything. but yeah.... if you turn the argument around to the extreme you could also claim kirby's dream land is hard because you can potentially try to play it without ever jumping or something. dunno.

It's not punishingly hard like Mega Man 9/10 or anything, but there is a certain amount of repetition and learning that you need to be willing to do to get to the next phase. I think I went through like 6 or 7 stages and was tired of having to learn all of the movements so I turned it off. Might be one of those games I play in quick spurts.