Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Looks like Episode 3 of Dusk (the indie Quake/Blood hybrid from last January) is finally available for early access. And will officially be a complete game on Monday. Might have to give it a go again soon.

And I think the full Ion Maiden (using Duke 3D's Build engine) is slated for completion in Q1 2019 also...on top of an avalanche of already promising games next year.

Looking forward to both of these, didn't realise Dusk was gonna be finished so soon.

Beat Layers of Fear. Wasn't great to be honest. Bought a boatload of games to play when I get back from Argentina though. 

Picked up Bendy and the Ink Machine, unique horror game with a kind of Cuphead character design.

god damnit slay the spire is addicting

Beat Layers of Fear. Wasn't great to be honest.

why not? I thought it was brilliant. I also connected it quite strongly emotionally, which doesn't happen a lot with game stories anymore.

edit: I'm replaying Soma now

Edited by usagi

Beat Layers of Fear. Wasn't great to be honest.

why not? I thought it was brilliant. I also connected it quite strongly emotionally, which doesn't happen a lot with game stories anymore.

edit: I'm replaying Soma now

Loved Soma.

I don't know. The game felt very random and didn't tell a cohesive, interesting story. I still don't know why some of the game play mechanics work the way they do, and what I'm supposed to do in certain situations. Observer was better, but I had problems with that one too.

New game revealed from the creators of No Man's Sky

Scheduled for release next year (go figure lol)

Super Smash Ultimate.

Dunno about this game.

The chaotic feeling to it is truly bonkers and unparalleled. but it’s super repetitive and really quite easy in single player. when online it seems to lack any finesse or strategy.

I’ve only been joining quick start matches with the general riff-raff so maybe I’ll be proved wrong when I explore the modes more.

New game revealed from the creators of No Man's Sky

Scheduled for release next year (go figure lol)

looks cool, wonder how the Hello Games brand will affect reception?

Given this year's NMS updates, I doubt the effect will be an adverse one. Apparently The Last Campfire is under development by only two members of the company though.

Has anyone played Guacamelee 2? I liked the first one a lot. Might be a good Switch game for the holidays.

18 new levels being released for owners of the original 1993 PC release of DOOM, for the 25th anniversary:

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/12/10/doom-creator-to-release-new-levels-for-1993s-doom-in-2019

Word. Can't wait to try them with Sgt. Mark IV's latest Brutal Doom build.

Speaking of classic shooters, Dusk is officially complete now. Can't wait to jump back in.

Oh man, that sonic is all fucked up

Oh man, that sonic is all fucked up

i wasn't interested but now that i know it's from the producer of fast and furious.... i'm all in!

sarcasm

Jim Carrey is playing the live action Dr. Robotnik (and Sonic's eyes are separate now).

DuEy9LtVAAAxA-K.jpg

It's gonna be dank af, breddamen.

xylq0ektsd101audwn.jpg

Might only apply to US residents, but Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate are 45.00 at many places online... Splatoon 2 as well.

Who is this Sonic The Hedgehog film for?

Like, seriously — what demographic is it for?

Has Sonic become trendy with the kids again? If so, that would explain why the sudden film. But I think most kids are interested in Fortnite and stupid fucking dances.

It can't be for the people who first played Sonic, since most of those people are in their 30s. So who is this film for?

It's for Hollywood suits looking to make a quick buck

Detective Pikachu & Sonic will probly be equally bad.