IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I just started Hitman 2 after beating all the Spider-man DLCs. I loved the last Hitman.

Are the DLCs worth getting? I'm nearly done with the main story.

There's a lot of new story there and a few new game play mechanics, but mostly more of the same. Some harder challenges (but better than Taskmaster's), some more bases to beat, some more crimes, and a ton of new missions.

I loved the game, so didn't mind more of the same.

Guest Ovitus

so I got Demon Souls to run decently using a bleeding edge version of rpcs3 on fedora. looks very nice upscaled. only shame is I think the audio is poorly emulated. on linux is stutters like crazy from the jump and windows isn't much better with choppy ambient sounds. might just have to mute it and play some tracks instead. hopefully no game-breaking glitches!

Was gifted Spider Man over the holidays, it's fun as hell... I'm not too far into the story yet but I'm having a blast swinging around and beating up bad guys and doing side missions. Also looks damn good with the PS4-Pro and 4k TV.

I somehow managed to slip back into Borderlands 2 in the last couple of weeks. Itching to reach lvl 50 (as Siren) in TVH mode so I can start using the unique & legendary gear I banked from the previous playthrough. Not gonna bother with UVHM though, fuck that shit.

AFAIK BL3 is said to be 85 percent complete, and will possibly release next year, if not later this year. And it'll take place on at least 3 different planets.

But come February I think I'll get back into the first two Metro games, so I can warm up for Exodus.

so I got Demon Souls to run decently using a bleeding edge version of rpcs3 on fedora. looks very nice upscaled. only shame is I think the audio is poorly emulated. on linux is stutters like crazy from the jump and windows isn't much better with choppy ambient sounds. might just have to mute it and play some tracks instead. hopefully no game-breaking glitches!

Nice. Not the glitches obviously, but just that it's working decently at all. Was hoping they'd do a remaster or whatever of it like they did for Dark Souls (currently playing that remaster btw......... it's Dark Souls, forgot how frustrating some of the enemy AI is in the first game), but that doesn't seem to be likely at this point....who knows though, Sony owns it or whatever, could show up suddenly one day. 

I somehow managed to slip back into Borderlands 2 in the last couple of weeks. Itching to reach lvl 50 (as Siren) in TVH mode so I can start using the unique & legendary gear I banked from the previous playthrough. Not gonna bother with UVHM though, fuck that shit.

AFAIK BL3 is said to be 85 percent complete, and will possibly release next year, if not later this year. And it'll take place on at least 3 different planets.

But come February I think I'll get back into the first two Metro games, so I can warm up for Exodus.

what's fucking mental about borderlands 2, is that once you reach level 72, there is a squad only DLC in which you can continue rampingbthe difficulty by another 20 or so paragon levels to find ultra rare unique gear. I reached level 72, finished uvhm and just gave up. It actually really irritates me that there is the second difficulty level. I think there should be basic, for casual gamers, and the second mode should the final, and more brutal one. Playing through difficulty level 2 of 3 seems a pointless chore, no gear you find before level 65 is remotely useful once you reach max level.

Having said that, loved it. I replay it with a new character once a year.

what's fucking mental about borderlands 2, is that once you reach level 72, there is a squad only DLC in which you can continue rampingbthe difficulty by another 20 or so paragon levels to find ultra rare unique gear. I reached level 72, finished uvhm and just gave up. It actually really irritates me that there is the second difficulty level. I think there should be basic, for casual gamers, and the second mode should the final, and more brutal one. Playing through difficulty level 2 of 3 seems a pointless chore, no gear you find before level 65 is remotely useful once you reach max level.

If I remember correctly (and I might be wrong), I think this is because people were levelling up too quickly when the game first came out, so Gearbox had to do this to appease people who were complaining about the game being too easy.

Guest Ovitus

Nice. Not the glitches obviously, but just that it's working decently at all. Was hoping they'd do a remaster or whatever of it like they did for Dark Souls (currently playing that remaster btw......... it's Dark Souls, forgot how frustrating some of the enemy AI is in the first game), but that doesn't seem to be likely at this point....who knows though, Sony owns it or whatever, could show up suddenly one day. 

Yeah, I'm not waiting for Sony anymore. Was avoiding it for a while because emulators can be such finicky things to tweak, time consuming, but it's worth once it's working correctly. If anyone's interested in trying, I'd read this thread carefully, as it kind of sorts out the current state of Demon's Souls emulation:

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/4857

The old P.T. demo from PS4 has now been ported to PC as a free download:

https://radiusgordello.itch.io/unreal-pt

Nice - I'd no idea this was redone again. Had the tech demo PuniTy ( https://punity.en.uptodown.com/windows ) a few years ago but wasn't really much of a game !

What with Obra Dinn and this, it seems like oldskool PC graphics are starting to come in vogue.

Looks cool. It's like Another World/Out Of This World in a post-apocalypse setting.