IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

found a little old 34cm CRT TV.. i've been wanting one for awhile.. plugged in the PS3 and it works, yay! got a nice collection of PS1 stuff on there and now it looks beautiful. Umihara Kawase! G-Darius! Chrono Cross! LSD DREAM EMULATOR. also a couple PS2 games i love which i was halfway through playing last time i had a tv- SMT Nocturne and Baroque. glory be.

(also loaded up Demon's Souls, lol.. so cute on this telly..)

I bought the "Road to the Olympics" dlc for Steep after waiting some time for the price to go down.  It's probably the only dlc worth a purchase as it brings a lot of new mechanics to the game, compared to the original mountains(alps/alaska). 

One really cool addition is "Reach For The Dead" by BOC.  I keep hearing snippets of it during cutscenes for the Olympic warmups and trials.  

I'm further along in Steep and Aphex Twin - Flim was just the backdrop for a cutscene.  That one caught me off guard, but was perfect with snowy mountains of Japan.

Turns out the ost is riddled with very good music:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2q9vbrja6T5jyFobTUhYxO

Edited by cloud capture

I'm further along in Steep and Aphex Twin - Flim was just the backdrop for a cutscene.  That one caught me off guard, but was perfect with snowy mountains of Japan.

Wow, that is a great soundtrack. Someone at Ubisoft has taste.

There's a semi sequel to Alien Isolation on mobile:

I was about to say that the only way that this could be worse is if Gearbox were involved, but this is actually rock-bottom.

Is Steep any good? I flirted w/ getting it as a way to play a "totally chill" game as a counterpoint to the FPS intensity of COD and the Red Dead Redemptionness of RDR2 but stayed on the fence.

Is Steep any good? I flirted w/ getting it as a way to play a "totally chill" game as a counterpoint to the FPS intensity of COD and the Red Dead Redemptionness of RDR2 but stayed on the fence.

It's not Cool Boarders or SSX unfortunately, it's a bit dull. Currently free on PS+. Wouldn't buy it otherwise.

It definitely quenches that "totally chill" fix for a little while.  I was hoping it would fill the gap the Skate series left behind for me, but that was pipe dreams.  

It definitely quenches that "totally chill" fix for a little while.  I was hoping it would fill the gap the Skate series left behind for me, but that was pipe dreams.  

Oh man I would love another Skate

MU23prV.gif

Edited by Crossword Enthusiast

It's not Cool Boarders or SSX unfortunately, it's a bit dull. Currently free on PS+. Wouldn't buy it otherwise.

mm - k. Good to know - SSX was so flippin' awesome (no pun intended). . . 

thnx! Ok, some diff of opinions here - sounds like something to look in to, but maybe once a price drop occurs.

Skate was dope - I have . . .I'll have to check but Skate 2 I think is back compatible on Xbox and I snagged that a while ago. . .keep forgetting to go back. It was sort of the perfect "chill" game - particularly because you can pick up your board and walk around/totally ignore any challenges if u want to. 

Looks like Metro Exodus will let you explore desert environs. Maybe it'll take place not only in Russia, but in Mongolia as well?

Man, that was boring.

Also, what the hell was up with the sound design? Why did it sound like Fred Flintstone punching Barney whenever the character punched one of those monsters? And the healing sound?

Oh, and the Asian NPC's voice was 2D positioned instead of 3D positioned.

I hope this was an old built of the game because this did not look good.

I can see where you're coming from Squee, being that sound design is your line of work if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I feel optimistic because this is a type of game environment completely new to the series. And there was another review in which the guy claimed to put in 4 hours of gameplay and his impressions were positive all around. And I need something to look forward to in times like these.

I can see where you're coming from Squee, being that sound design is your line of work if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I feel optimistic because this is a type of game environment completely new to the series. And there was another review in which the guy claimed to put in 4 hours of gameplay and his impressions were positive all around. And I need something to look forward to in times like these.

I was really looking forward to this as well and again, maybe it this was an old built from GamesCom or E3 or something. Also, it didn't really help that the person playing was fumbling around.